Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All aliens are NOT created equal

That is my theory anyway. I am playing two male aliens. One I created in CAS and the other was a townie that I had "moved in". The CAS alien has been abducted a few times with much effort and encouragement on my part and no pregnancy. He even has the "fertile" trait. The townie alien was abducted once and was impregnated. Has anyone else noticed this kind of "discrimination"? It may be coincidence, but maybe it isn't?

Comments

• Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    @Spacey72659 wrote in another thread that the fertile trait since the last updates got messed up and does not work anymore. I am going to check this out later today and try to fix this problem. The original game without mods has very low chances of pregnancy through abduction, so it could be because of the trait mess up that it simply did not work as it should have.

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Yes, I've noticed a few people having issues with the fertile trait. Rumor is its BC of the patch.
    I am doing a 100 baby challenge and before the patch I'd had 4 sets of twins in a row (well, with one single in the middle). And after the patch I've had none.
    I can't really say for sure its the patch, but that's the theory and it seems fitting since there seems to be a lot of issues with the trait these days.
    I never had it before on another Sim so I can't say if it wasn't always messed up you know?
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    What about the herbal fertility potion that you can make? Does that work? I haven't played around with that.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    It might have been fixed. my female sim got pregnant with Bob Pancakes, and had twins.
    She did have the fertile treat.

Might also be pure coincidence that she got twins..
    The pancakes however wanted to adopt my twin girls, so I thought why not? :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    What about the herbal fertility potion that you can make? Does that work? I haven't played around with that.

I didn't even know that existed! I guess its BC I never use the herbalism stuff BC I rarely go to Granite Falls to collect that stuff. I'm not big with camping so that GP didn't really do much for me. Lol.
    I wonder if you can buy it in debug. Hmmmm
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I uploaded a "room" of fertility potion, but I don't even know if it can be used. The herbal fertilizer was not usable, but it did give me a huge boost in my finances when I deleted it lol.