Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question: *SHOULD* I Try To Own The Store?

I'm seeing the ads everyday and getting lots of points so I am at the point where I could probably grab everything in the Store - if I wanted it.

The thing is that I'm not sure that I want everything in the Store. Frankly, there is some stuff available in the Store that isn't my style - and other things that I think are just plain ugly. It is bad enough that I bought the complete India set because I thought it would look good on one of my families and now I have blonde-haired Sims walking around Midnight Hollow in bright orange kurtas. It looks ridiculous. If there was a way for me to disallow clothing, I used it (I do have Master Controller, so I can change hem if I want to take the time).

So, is there some advantage to owning everything? Or should I remain picky and just get the stuff I want.

The other side if the problem is that I own almost every World, except Lunar Lakes and Aurora Skies. I'd really like to get a deal on the gold version of Aurora Skies (as Worlds never seem to show up on the Daily Deal), so I suppose if I owned everything else, the Make-Me-A-Deal thing would be forced to offer me the thing I want, right?

What do you guys think?

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    My very un expert opinion on the 'own the store' mindset is to get everything if you've got the points! You don't necessarily have to install it and use it. Who knows, some day you might find that something you thought you would never want is just the perfect thing you need :D
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Thank you, @ZeeGee!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi, @ZeeGee is right that it is sometimes better to have everything available 'just in case' :)

What I've found is that some of the items (esp. clothing) that looks horrid in the Store images is actually rather good in game. The other thing, which is probably more relevant to build/buy items is that you have the power of CASt in TS3. There are many items that can look totally different by just changing the colour, texture, or pattern. I have seen many wonderful builds that have made such creative and imaginative use of items that would never have occurred to me.

To prevent culture or style clash you can always selectively install the sets you want for particular game - as described by @KarinL in @ZeeGee's Own The Store thread.

As for MMAO I would not trust it to offer you what you want/need, it has it's own strange rules and there are some things that I have never seen offered. :(

Finally, I am also very picky and never intended to Own The Store but my wishlist would be attacked by lovely gift bombers and with the ads I picked up I was 'buying' stuff for free anyway, so where's the harm? :smiley:

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    To prevent culture or style clash you can always selectively install the sets you want for particular game - as described by @KarinL in @ZeeGee's Own The Store thread.

This has helped me a lot in deciding what to install. I now have a game folder to play with new stuff to see if I like it before installing it to my playing game.

And @Schweighsr Thank you so much for the gift! Very much appreciated. :D