Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! I messed up reseting my neighborhoods!

RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
I've been trying to reset my neighborhoods today and I accidentally got rid of all the lots in belladonna cove (my favorite neighborhood!) and I don't know how to get it back! Do I have to reinstall my game? I honestly don't mind it as I can reinstall it overnight :p Please help!
Thank you! :)

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Just remove all the contents from the Sims 2 folder in your Documents. The game will reset itself and all the neighbourhoods should come back.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    edited May 2015
    @kremesch73 So delete the sims 2 folder in ea games folder and play the sims 2 and it resets and puts it back into the right place? And will I have to get my cc again? Thanks :)
    @kremesch73 I don't have enough storage in my recycling bin the move it there, is that a problem? Should I permanently delete it?
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    edited May 2015
    If you have windows 8 I can probably help..(also if you got the free ultimate collection from origin)

This PC(might be "my computer") - Local disk (C) - program files(x86) - origin games - the sims 2 ulitmate collection - apartment life

then

TS data - res - user data - neighborhoods - copy E001 folder

then paste this in the sims 2 neighborhood folder in your documents section

documents - EA games - Neighborhoods

In here you should see a few numbered folders if all the hoods are installed, there will also be a NeighborhoodManager package file.

N001 = Pleasantview(base game path)
    N002 = Strangetown(base game path)
    N003 = Veronaville(base game path)
    G001 = Riverblossom Hill(Seasons path)
    F001 = Desiderata Valley(Free Time path)
    E001 = Belladonna Cove(Apartment Life path)
    N004 and up should be custom neighborhoods if you have any so just delete them all together if you have issues..
    (the path is the folders you go through to find the right town to copy.)

When you have the copy of the town you need and place it in documents, since the new game saves go here of course, delete the folder of the town you no longer want. The copy replaces this, if you did it right it will remake everything when you open the town in game (the loading screen will tell you it's loading weather, pets...etc) and the town will be nice and fresh so you have to connect it to the sub neighborhoods again. However if something else is wrong with your game that is not fixed with this un-install the whole thing and start fresh.

Lol, I posted similar instructions on another forum a while ago and I swear I thought this one had the same information, so now it's edited for clarity. sorry about that :smiley:
    Edit ^^
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92 OMG Thank you!!!! I think this will work now I just have to check though :D:)
    no problem :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    My Belladonna Cove wasn't showing up, so I did those steps but it still wasn't here. I hope it works for you!
    oh3cjs.jpg
    xBob18 wrote: »
    My Belladonna Cove wasn't showing up, so I did those steps but it still wasn't here. I hope it works for you!
    that is odd sorry it didn't help, try right clicking on TS2 in the Origin menu and repairing the game, or uninstall and reinstall if you can
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I moved my sims folder to the desktop and when I opened the game it replaced all the files. Not sure if that's something that normally happens but if there's not enough room to move it to the recycle bin or the tips RedDestiny gave don't help, it's worth a try.
    if you move the files out and restart the game that is what is supposed to happen, that's just how I reset my hoods I found the steps on the ts2 wikia, if you don't follow them exactly they won't work. unless the entire game is corrupted then you'll need to uninstall and reinstall, also you should probably clear out your recycle bin if it's full lol.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Sims2Awesomeness79Sims2Awesomeness79 Posts: 2 New Member
    Help when I was resetting Riverblossom Hills (Sims 2) I accidently deleted the G001 of the drive and copied the documents G001 and Pasted it to the drive Please help me PLEASE I want Riverblossom Hills I need it.