Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @NagyGina Big Pixel hugs and Banners YAY :love: I love the thank you picture <3 I feel like you gifted me :blush: I was going for a diner look because basically it's the only fifties look I knew Cos I knew you would love it :kissing_heart: I want to thank you for asking for fifties stuff because I spent ages looking at these wonderful fifties patterns and I learnt so much but clearly @NessiePenguin learnt more because her house and family are amazing!! Oh and I edited my post to add the lot address like I was supposed to have done originally :flushed:

This is The Lamonts who have no CC despite the fact I forgot to mention that :s for NagyGina and also @Teegers sort of maybe? :/ because they're sims with a story if she ever decides to do a fifties theme :#
    Hazel was a cheerleader in college who enjoyed socializing, having fun and being full of pep. That's why everyone was surprised when she fell for the hard working, money minded Christopher who despite being quite the charmer had always been focused on getting ahead and less on girls and parties. But this was the fifties and no matter how hard you worked if you didn't have a company wife to be the hostess with mostess you were going nowhere :s So Christopher went looking for the perfect housewife and ended up falling in love with Hazel and proposed <3 Now they graduated they're looking for that perfect home to start their new married life together and hopefully a family. Hazel loves being a housewife and enjoys spending her time gossiping to her neighbours and getting involved in the local community. But that gossiping might be affecting ambitious Christopher's career as he is not moving up that corporate ladder as fast as he hoped :o Is it Hazel or is he just not as good at business as he thought he was? :fearful:

original.jpg
    Thank you again @AlphaFen ! :kissing_heart: And so others can find it easier, I added in the missing "1" for The Lamonts... I was wondering if you pulled a bait and switch :lol: Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Teegers wrote: »
    @NagyGina, thank you so much! It has completely changed my game to build to share - I've always loved building, but knowing you're going to upload it for others to use makes building even more fun. I'm so glad you like it!!

@Anettesb, I've been wracking my brain trying to figure a way to make the lot smaller for you. I sooo wish we could just pick up sections and move them.

@AlphaFen, I love the diner style house and the family's story - the story definitely fits what I'm wanting! I love NRAAS's Story Progression mod, and I hate getting stories for sims that I really care nothing about because all they had was a micro-paragraph trying to entice me to play them. And I love NRAAS's Traveler (okay, I just love NRAAS mods all-around) because it turns every world into a vacation world, so I want all the sims to have interesting stories and make it fun to interact with the various households. :)

@NessiePenguin, I love your family and your house is awesome! The style is so very 50's, complete with the car sitting in the carport. <3

@NagyGina, I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but one of my older builds is the Jitterbug, a 50's style diner. No CC and no CAP. I don't have any screenshots of it, because I ended up reinstalling my game almost as soon as I finished it.

I wish so to....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    @Teegers , thank you! I soOooOoo :love: the Jitterbug Coffee Shop and Cafe!

@VGryphon , I realized after I had asked that you had some items for Brunch at the Old Mill, and I am so glad that you got the :mrgreen: button for it too! ;) And tis so awesome to spend good times with OE friends! I hope the movie was tons of fun! :smiley:

@KaytayRoall , I truly giggled when the die rolled on you. Delurking often has awesome rewards! ;) Just glad I could surprise you! :D
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    @NagyGina It was a good film. We watched Tomorrowland and met for dinner before the movie. I had a great time.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Teegers YAY! I'm glad you like them <3

@NagyGina Oh my Gosh!! :flushed: I've edited my post to correct the bad link! Thank you so much for pointing that out :s ...ahem... let's forget that happened and blame anyone other then me :kissing:
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Okay, so I started to work out what I wanted to do with the prize from the drawing last night and realized I should probably ask a question before I go too far. I think your original post said it was a WL wipeout up to 3525sp. I'm close to owning the store myself, mostly what I have left are individual items that I can get moderately good deals on with MMAO and a bit of patience, so I would like to share my winnings. Is that okay?
    edited May 2015
    @KaytayRoall , that is awesome, however you wish to spend it, we are happy to spread the simpoints all over, until everyone is a member of the Own the Whole Store Club! ;)
  • NessiePenguinNessiePenguin Posts: 326 Member
    Hehe @NagyGina you have fully put everyone in the mood to make 1950s themed creations :P I love it when people have original ideas for things they would like in their game and I'm more than happy to be inspired to make something different ^_^

@Teegers I love the cafe u made!! I like the name of it reminds me of the movie Grease :)

@AlphaFen your house is awesome! Love how u have spread the dinner look around very rock and roll! I love the storyline behind your couple too! I think that Hazel will be really good friends with Bonnie as they are both housewives :smiley:

I thought I would share some pictures of my Hidden Springs cabin (first take).

Closer view of the front of the cabin.
    Screenshot-77.jpg

An overview of the lot.
    Screenshot-71.jpg

At night, looking at the back of the cabin.
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    @VGryphon , your WIP is awemazing! I :love: it!!! Such detail. Nature's beauty intact, as everything you place to enhance the atmosphere! ;) What is the address in HS and size of the lot?

Calling @cassandrastryffe , @Aerlinniel and @Shannen , you are all winners, and I am waiting to hear from you on how you wish your simpoints to be spent. ;)

@KaytayRoall , just in case you missed my post earlier, however you wish to spend your simpoints is aLL good :), just let me know what you would like and who you wish to share with. :D
    ciane wrote: »
    Yay! Happy dancing. And now the creations and sharing ideas come pouring in!
    @ciane , joining in the happy dancing too! And @kaoticworld and @duyguugudur have both been gifted the Boardwalk to help with their WIPs... thank you for hunting them down...

Now, I have to hunt down a couple more, not that I am complaining ;) ...

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
    I will be back later (OE work getting in the way of my fun again :persevere:)... Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    edited May 2015
    NagyGina wrote: »
    @VGryphon , your WIP is awemazing! I :love: it!!! Such detail. Nature's beauty intact, as everything you place to enhance the atmosphere! ;) What is the address in HS and size of the lot?
    @NagyGina, thank you for the kind words!

I am not quite sure of the address (not at my game computer), but in this picture, it is in the lower area of the "D" section farthest from the "A" section on a 40x40 lot.
    65sf7s.jpg

Edit:
    This location:
    SiJzTYP.jpg
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    Hi, sorry I've not been able to get anything posted recently. I've been a little swampped and I come back to find out I've won something and I don't have any reason why...I feel utterly ashamed.

I don't believe that there is a badge that I would life but thankyou anyways ;) as for the two victims..I mean simmers..can I get back to you on that..since I need to make sure their wishlist isn't a complete and utter disaster :)

<3
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    Right I fount my victims...I mean, I fount the wishlists!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=cmbaker16

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=XxHannelorexX

Both of these lovely simmers are active and still very much play sims 3. I think they both have a healthy amount of items and I believe it's a clean wishlist.

Again thankyou so much and I hope you have fun :)

<3

edited May 2015
    VGryphon wrote: »
    @NagyGina, thank you for the kind words!

I am not quite sure of the address (not at my game computer), but in this picture, it is in the lower area of the "D" section farthest from the "A" section on a 40x40 lot.
    65sf7s.jpg

Edit:
    This location:
    SiJzTYP.jpg

the lot you cirkel there in that D area would be the 7D and it is 60x60 (I didn't do adresses becouse min are in danish and it dosn't translate well) there is a house when you open HS first (I belive a dad lives there with 2 sons)

the D area up the hill (with a dirt road) have lot 1D at 45x45 and 2D at 40x40

there really isn't many 40x40 left (but tons of 40x30)

this might help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13630580/#Comment_13630580

hmm or you have on the lot where I put the filmstudio
    330tj6s.jpg
    I think thats a 40x40

:lol: don't even know how directed this was for me... just noticed my remodeling map of HS....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    @anettesb, I'll post a overhead map from in game later today when I can get to my game computer.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Yay! Happy dancing. And now the creations and sharing ideas come pouring in!
    @ciane , joining in the happy dancing too! And @kaoticworld and @duyguugudur have both been gifted the Boardwalk to help with their WIPs... thank you for hunting them down...

Now, I have to hunt down a couple more, not that I am complaining ;) ...

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3

Wow! Thank you so, so much for that. I'll try to find some more emergency point drops for you for later.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sorry it has taken me so long to sort out what to do with the very generous gift of simpoints you have offered me. By the time I finished shopping around on wishlists last night, I was so tired I had no confidence that my math was at all accurate. So let's see if things still add up today.

For myself (http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KaytayRoall) I would like the Prism Art Studio, please, at the top of the list. Of all the venues, it is the one I have wanted the most, but ironically wound up being the very last venue for me to actually own. I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting it finally! I have such plans for those L-stairs! And stained glass windows! And glass-blowing! And smelting! And jewelry! And art decor! And... ahem. :D That is 1900sp, leaving 1,625 for shopping on others' wishlists. *rubs hand together in excitement*

@Sweet2 - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sweet2
    1. Transport to the Future (350sp)

1625-350=1275

@AlphaFen - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AlphaFen
    3. Much into Style (75sp)
    4. Rainbow Sherbet (75sp)
    7. Sunshine Dress (75sp)

1275-225=1050

@VGryphon - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VGryphon
    2. Feasting Table (75sp)
    4. The Don Pedro Fireplace (81sp)
    5. Pedro Estate Door I (99sp)

1050-255=795

@Silvakristiina - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Silvakristiina#
    2. The Longest Table (61sp)
    3. Woodrow's Woodworks Bench (104sp)
    9. River Rock Fireplace (99sp)
    12. Harmonious Trio Floor Baskets (121sp)
    13. Longevity Wall Hanging (81sp)
    26. Potted Bamboo Glory (25sp)
    33. Sylvan Jr. (31sp)
    34. Fairytale (42sp)
    35. Mischief Baker (47sp)
    37. Sweet Dream Seat (62sp)
    41. Sylvan (30sp)
    42. Alight (41sp)
    47. Le Cirque Nouveau-The Twirler (51sp)

...which should be 795 on the nose. Whew! That was a bunch of fun! Especially that last list had so many items from some of my favorite sets... it was so hard to choose! But very fun! :) Thank you again so much for both your generous gift and for creating this wonderful thread for creative gifting!
    edited May 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    the lot you cirkel there in that D area would be the 7D and it is 60x60 (I didn't do adresses becouse min are in danish and it dosn't translate well) there is a house when you open HS first (I belive a dad lives there with 2 sons)

this might help

330tj6s.jpg
    I think thats a 40x40

:lol: don't even know how directed this was for me... just noticed my remodeling map of HS....

It may have been directed at you because I linked to your lot photo. :smile: You are right. However I was close. It is the one between your 7D and the original sports venue.

Here it is at the center:
    Screenshot-78.jpg

The problem is that because it isn't the large area, I didn't give myself a lot of room for the house:
    Screenshot-79.jpg

I may have to do one of 3 things:
    1. Build an upper level for the house.
    2. Build a basement.
    3. Move the house and set the land as a park.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @VGryphon - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VGryphon
    2. Feasting Table (75sp)
    4. The Don Pedro Fireplace (81sp)
    5. Pedro Estate Door I (99sp)
    @KaytayRoall, wow, this was unexpected. Thank you. I was going to put these on my top 5 list, thanks to an earlier gift bomb, but I'll place them near the top to be visible.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    anettesb wrote: »

this might help

330tj6s.jpg
    I think thats a 40x40

It may have been directed at you because I linked to your lot photo. :smile: You are right. However I was close. It is the one between your 7D and the original sports venue.

Here it is at the center:
    Screenshot-78.jpg

The problem is that because it isn't the large area, I didn't give myself a lot of room for the house:
    Screenshot-79.jpg

I may have to do one of 3 things:
    1. Build an upper level for the house.
    2. Build a basement.
    3. Move the house and set the land as a park.

if it was directed at me.... moveing to a free lot would be smart.... it is very cute though
    I was thinking out loud, but I have to do something about the size. :lol:
    XmKUks3.jpg
    I was thinking out loud, but I have to do something about the size. :lol:

sorry I react to thinking out loud.... though like when others react to my thinking out loud.... please say if it bothers you...

maybe it could make anice comunity garden?
    No, don't be sorry about commenting! If I think out loud, it is fair game to comment on.

As for the community garden idea, that was along my thinking. It is pretty and fits the world nicely.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    So ahem @NagyGina as you are so awesome, I wanted to show you via an epic fifties style masterpiece :love: but I'm afraid all I have to gift you is my attempt at a Fifties Home :pensive: because if you really think about it my terrible building and photo skills are the most you deserve :kissing_heart:

So it was supposed to be a starter home at 72 Water Lily Lane Sunset Valley but I went a bit overboard :# And for some weird reason really over used the colour red :unamused:
    Oh My! That is one scary house ... it's so bright, and red, and shiny and ... but other than that it's trés fab! Bold and Big and Brash and completely unapologetic :smiley:
    I thought I would share some pictures of my Hidden Springs cabin (first take).
    And quite beautiful it is too. The landscaping is wonderfully balanced and I love that you have got so much in there without it looking crowded and, I think the cabin is just perfect for it - I can imagine a single nature lover (possibly an idealistic couple) living there; not too bothered about their own comforts but totally committed to their own little nature reserve.

Have you put any insect spawners in; some butterflies perhaps? The only suggestion I would make about the living space is perhaps, if it looks OK, add some partitioning to hide the bed from the main 'day' area or if you have the University EP one of those fold-away Murphy bed might look good?