Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited October 2015
    Darn computer, double post :s
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    I kept expecting Mya to turn up too I hope she's ok :/

@charlotteprice YAY!! :love: I'm so happy you got most of the stuff! I'm so glad you like it! You got all the important stuff, by which I mean the cotton candy machine :p The sweet and candy stuff was all I wanted you to see <3 I mean who cares about stuff like fridges and washing machines when you got a cupcake stand by your bed o:)
  • Options
    LOL @AlphaFen I noticed all the goodies everywhere. It was really surprising to see all the stuff I missed. I don't know why they replace them with globes and stuff but hey, it was worth it <3

The rocking chairs on the porch is where my Sim wants to sit all the time, doesn't matter if its winter, she will go out there in her Pj's :D When its a full moon, the zombies prefer to rock in the rockers, but at least they leave the garden alone >:)

Oh, first thing she did was grab some cotton candy ;)

Thank you again, so many wonderful surprises <3
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @AlphaFen and @charlotteprice Goodness me, what great pictures of Alpha's wonderful farm! Especially like the one in Winter, with the lights. Was it difficult to do that roof? B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
  • Options
    I really like the winter picture too! It's a wonderful pic Charlotte took!<3

As to the roof It took me years of hardship, mental training and physical labour :weary: When I finished with that I looked at the instructions by this awesome simmer on the "barn roof" and did it in about 5 minutes :*
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I honestly am in love with @AlphaFen's farm - it's so gorgeous <3 And it looks magical in the snow :blush:

I hope Mya will feel better soon :c
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Been awhile hope I got this right :)

Creator’s Username: AlphaFen, Architect and Humble Braggart Extraordinaire B)
    Nominee's Username: @AMofOz
    Nominee's Store Wishlist: Her List of Wishes
    Item Title: Abbott Farm
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item: @charlotteprice has been going through some tough times recently :pensive: So I wanted to do something nice...... but I couldn't be bothered and I made her a farm instead o:) It's item 2...sort of :# She asked for a two bed 40x40 farm and when I was reading through all her farm picture posts (It's not creepy if it's research :* ) I noticed she moves in then has lots of kids. So I added a nursery, but feel free to just knock the wall down and viola large bedroom. Hope that's ok :/
    Exchange: Abbott Farm
    Description: A play tested 3 bedroom farmhouse on a 40x40 lot with an attic, laundry room and kitchen which includes the canning station and baker's oven. Comes with a working farm which includes a cow, chickens and tractor that farms a variety of harvestables plus the tea-time set.
    Costs: 159,032
    Details: The Abbott family have farmed this plot of land for generations. They planted the trees, set up the fencing, had centuries old feuds with neighbours about said fencing, life has been an interesting mix of excitement and mud. But there is only so much satisfaction one can get from a cow, especially when your one true love is candy :love: So the Abbotts are selling up so they can pay their large dentist bill and fund their dream to start a chocolate plantation, where they can be free to roll around in marshmallows and eat chocolate till the cows come home. Will the Abbott family survive this chocolatey overdose? :fearful: Who cares! You can own their old farmhouse now! B)
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No but I did use MOO but not on anything inside the house.
    Pictures:
    Bc2HdQ8.jpg?2
    wCfvpM7.jpg?1
    nzjO3lH.jpg?1
    WF7dYa2.jpg?1
    nJ4bWBn.jpg?1
    GmdsGRO.jpg?1
    8jpjc5j.jpg?1

Nicked!!
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2015
    Been awhile hope I got this right :)

Creator’s Username: AlphaFen, Architect and Humble Braggart Extraordinaire B)
    Nominee's Username: @AMofOz
    Nominee's Store Wishlist: Her List of Wishes
    Item Title: Abbott Farm
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item: @charlotteprice has been going through some tough times recently :pensive: So I wanted to do something nice...... but I couldn't be bothered and I made her a farm instead o:) It's item 2...sort of :# She asked for a two bed 40x40 farm and when I was reading through all her farm picture posts (It's not creepy if it's research :* ) I noticed she moves in then has lots of kids. So I added a nursery, but feel free to just knock the wall down and viola large bedroom. Hope that's ok :/
    Exchange: Abbott Farm
    Description: A play tested 3 bedroom farmhouse on a 40x40 lot with an attic, laundry room and kitchen which includes the canning station and baker's oven. Comes with a working farm which includes a cow, chickens and tractor that farms a variety of harvestables plus the tea-time set.
    Costs: 159,032
    Details: The Abbott family have farmed this plot of land for generations. They planted the trees, set up the fencing, had centuries old feuds with neighbours about said fencing, life has been an interesting mix of excitement and mud. But there is only so much satisfaction one can get from a cow, especially when your one true love is candy :love: So the Abbotts are selling up so they can pay their large dentist bill and fund their dream to start a chocolate plantation, where they can be free to roll around in marshmallows and eat chocolate till the cows come home. Will the Abbott family survive this chocolatey overdose? :fearful: Who cares! You can own their old farmhouse now! B)
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No but I did use MOO but not on anything inside the house.

@AlphaFen - Wow, this is awesome and beautifully done! :love: What a wonderful and special gift for Charlotte, it looks like it has a little bit of everything. The colors, the way everything flows, it is perfect! I love the story about the Abbot family, too. :grin: *pauses thoughtfully* Now I know for sure the cane and the bending back was all a cover up....you are actually a superly creative high powered robot with magical building abilities! :hushed: (How did I never see it before?) :confused:

I will definitely be looking at the building tutorial as well - I was thinking about building a house with a wrap around porch, but mine never seem to turn out right. :weary:

I've also tried getting the tractor track to work, but for some reason the pieces kept turning red (along with my face) :rage: and wouldn't fit. I don't know what I was doing wrong (other than continously zapping the screen in queenly hysteria). :smirk: Okay, so I neglected to take off my evil queen costume after Halloween was over....how could I help myself, it was just too much fun. ;)

Just wanted to add @charlotteprice hope things are looking up a bit and you're getting along okay. *discreetly hands over a few pieces of left over Halloween candy* Yes, I know, it's like feeding an addiction, but it's a good addiction! :relaxed: (Or at least that's what I tell myself after a few too many chocolate bars.) :confused::mrgreen:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    @MariTomKaulitZ Thank you for your kind words. :)

@melissalungu Thank you for your thievery :p

@brandi22 Thank you! :blush: I haven't found anything on wrap around porches that helps.... I hate making them too :weary: They make my houses look fat :bawling:

Fraid I can't help with the tractor it just sort of worked :/ It must be my awesome robot nature o:)

Wait...I have magical abilities!? :hushed: I must go use them on an unsuspecting world >:)
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Wait...I have magical abilities!? :hushed: I must go use them on an unsuspecting world >:)

@AlphaFen Oh, no, I have created a monster! :s *shudders in terror*
    I haven't found anything on wrap around porches that helps.... I hate making them too :weary: They make my houses look fat :bawling:

Fraid I can't help with the tractor it just sort of worked :/ It must be my awesome robot nature o:)

Darn! :disappointed: I'm going to have to keep messing with the tractor tracks..... maybe it was just the lot I had it on? (Or maybe it was as I always suspected and I fried the screen one too many times.) :frowning:

For the wrap around porch I was going to use the tutorial you left (http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/techniques) with the instructions for wrap around verandas. I'll give that a go and see if I can pull it off. :smiley:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    @Brandi22 There is something....somewhere.....on the forums that tells you how to move the tracks around. I think the four right there in front is the ones. I think I moved the two on the sides but not sure. Just move those two and test the tracks, if not right, leave them and move the other two also? *wonders if you fried the screen, LOL*

So its your fault for creating such a monster? >:) Why does that not surprise me? :D

I absolutely love all the farms made for me. I DL'd one of Rflong's CAWs (I love medium size worlds) and installed them all there. Its my "Farming World", LOL I haven't had much time to play, but when I do.....I can't seem to stop ;)

*hugs*
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Still no sign of our dear @NagyGina but still a little bump for creation wishlists
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    I hope she's okay :c

I went through the wishlists, as I'd love to create something, and I would love to make 21 from @anettesb's wishlist. But I had a question: isn't the limit of Sims to a household 8? As you said you'd like to have 10 Sims in total.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    There is a mod @MariTomKaulitZ that lets one have more than 8 sims in a household. I have played like that before in Sims 2 where I had a huge orphanage that started with 2 of each age group and added one orphan tot each week. I think I had 26 sims. Crazy days!
  • Options
    Oh wow, 26 is crazy haha! Thank you for letting me know. I know about the mod, actually, but since I know a lot of people don't like using them I hoped there was another way :) But maybe @anettesb doesn't mind.
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Hope everyone is enjoying december/advent, because I know I do :mrgreen:
    tumblr_medpnuQijs1qc4uvwo1_r1_400.gif
    tumblr_men183nP8r1qc4uvwo1_400.gif
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    I really like the winter picture too! It's a wonderful pic Charlotte took!<3

As to the roof It took me years of hardship, mental training and physical labour :weary: When I finished with that I looked at the instructions by this awesome simmer on the "barn roof" and did it in about 5 minutes :*

As you didn't tag me in this @AlphaFen, I've only just read it, and discovered the useful link you left. Thank you, anything that helps with a roof is always good. ;)

Have you seen the 'missing stencils' thread? Link is in @StephSteb's siggy. All that stuff, just waiting to be added to your game ... :#B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Lets get this back to the front.
  • Options
    Happy holidays Mya, wherever you are. <3

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    What is going on with Mya and Nathan? Has anyone heard anything at all? I am so worried...
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

• Options
    I have no idea.

But, I am working on a gift for @anettesb!
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    hope she is ok :(
    What is going on with Mya and Nathan? Has anyone heard anything at all? I am so worried...

I was comming here to ask the same I hope all is well :(
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Me too....they were both so active before...and if it was just a case of them switching to TS4 for example, I'm sure they'd have said goodbye...

My thank you thread

My profile

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Oops, I accidently posted this in the UWL thread instead of here.

@anettesb - you have asked before, not here, about a lot with all the stencil fixes in it where your sim could go to buy the unlocked stencil item or the stencil-free version. That task seemed immense, and thus I put it off to see if someone else would attempt it. If they did, I missed it.

This lot I made thinking of it as a furniture store, but I left it as a residential lot. (I thought I could convert it to a commercial lot when I finished, but I got the notice that some items could not be on a commercial lot.)

There are six items from MrHawk's studio that are not on the lot. Two are Egyptian road signs. (They will only go on a commercial lot according to the messages I got in game.) Two were DrPepper items I did not have - surfboard and chair. Two others I did not have - Spanish mirror and Vegas wall bunny.

Every other item from MrHawk's studio - 580+ items - is on the lot as well as a couple stencil fixes from AznSensei's studio (Japanese paintings) and a blank coffin that really wasn't in Mrhawk's studio, though it was suppose to be.

I hope you like this lot that I made creatively in the shape of a (use your imagination) hawk:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8826621

For the stencils to be in your preset CASt options, you must click on them as if to recolor them and then choose to save it to the bin. Then make sure it really did save it. (I thought I'd saved my blank coffin preset, but it wasn't showing there. When I said to share it, then it popped in.)
    Post edited by ciane on