Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a household challenge

Comments

• Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited May 2015
    If no one takes the twins anytime soon, I would love to give them a try as well. But first I'll have to finish Severin of course :)
    And yes, I think it's good to specify, and otherwise it's up to the creator?
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    If no one takes the twins anytime soon, I would love to give them a try as well. But first I'll have to finish Severin of course :)
    And yes, I think it's good to specify, and otherwise it's up to the creator?

anything not specified as has to be, or can't be.... is up to the creator...

anything.... and you can't writt it all in a short decription....
    the decription is to inlight the creative flame...
    it isn't much difrent than if I say to a student you have to use this canvas, it have to contain blue, it can't be abstract....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Twin orphans
    After twin boys, George and John find out they had been abandoned by their parents, they realized they would have to go through life alone. They're similar in a way because they both are into fishing but they do have different clothing styles. They have been moved around from foster home to foster home and were able to do some odd jobs. But they are now young adults and have saved up enough money to live on their own. George's style is somewhat of a rocker type, he is into the guitar and is really into sports (fishing included). John is more of a nerdy type, he is into writing and does fishing in his spare time.

I would like to take this one please :)
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Happy to see this getting some interest. :smiley:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    New Challenge ~

Opposites attract ~

This is based off of a couple that I created and love playing so the idea is the same ~

Tucker is a shy man who was brought up to be caring and loving to all he meets. He would never hurt a fly. He met Amanda his junior year of high school. Amanda is a very outgoing fun loving and a bit evil woman. She would have no problem squashing a fly with a swatter.
    Tucker and Amanda have fallen in love and he finds himself in a criminal career track while she finds herself in a law enforcement track each to impress the other and keep the others love alive. Can two sims who are so different live and love and be successful? Who will their child take after?
  • Options
    Anette ~ This is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing it with everyone! <3
  • Options
    interesting new setting....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Anette ~ This is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing it with everyone! <3

thank you I hope we get some nice housholds to put in our towns.... what ever sims game we migh play
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Fashion Designer-To-Be
    Amy just graduated from High School, and her biggest dream has always been to become a famous Fashion Designer. She always makes her own clothes, but right now, she doesn't have much money to make them. She's very perfectionistic and focused, though, so she always ends up with a creative result.

challenge complete meet Amy Banks

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8666263

2r6lfmf.jpg
    she actually have an extra everyday outfit (but the photo got wonky) it is ment to look warmer for the winther and fall

beside that you got:
    left side top: atletic outfit
    left side bottom: sleep
    midllen left: everyday
    middle right: out door (winther)
    right side top: formal
    right side bottom: swim

Amy Banks, dreams about becoming a fashion phonomen, she have the talent and are friendly enough that people like her… but more often than not she puts her food in her mouth.
    On the outside she looks like this super smart and crafty girl, when home she just wants to rollup in the couch eating a roasted peanutbutter and banana sandwish.
    She makes her own cloths whenever she can, usely by reusing second hand cloths and fabrics on sale, as money are thight.

she been skilled a tiny bit... so she will work well as a townie, and have been given the stylist job.
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    edited May 2015
    NEW CHALLENGE: Beauty and the Beast

Beast has always been the heartthrob of his small hometown, even if he is a bit brutish. He's the star of his Varisty footbal team and has more friends than he can count. Belle, on the other hand...well, she's no conventional beauty, let's put it that way. But Beast falls in love with her anyway. Why? is it because of her award winning personality, or kind smile? Who knows?

New Challenge ~

Opposites attract ~

This is based off of a couple that I created and love playing so the idea is the same ~

Tucker is a shy man who was brought up to be caring and loving to all he meets. He would never hurt a fly. He met Amanda his junior year of high school. Amanda is a very outgoing fun loving and a bit evil woman. She would have no problem squashing a fly with a swatter.
    Tucker and Amanda have fallen in love and he finds himself in a criminal career track while she finds herself in a law enforcement track each to impress the other and keep the others love alive. Can two sims who are so different live and love and be successful? Who will their child take after?

I'll take this challenge.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    @CreamierThanMami
    thats an other interesting houshold... I'm guessing they have to be YA... becouse as teens it wouldn't work well... and they live toghter

now what is Varisty football team?
  • Options
    Finished "Opposites Attract".

Screenshot-3_zpswovcvb8d.jpg

Here's Amanda. I think I might have gone overboard with the "evil" theme...

Screenshot-2_zpsiyp6wsfj.jpg

Here's Tucker. I like making shy sims look buff, and that really reflects here.

Download Links below. There's some CC.

Amanda

Tucker
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    @CreamierThanMami
    thats an other interesting houshold... I'm guessing they have to be YA... becouse as teens it wouldn't work well... and they live toghter

I mean, they don't necessarily have to live together. They can just be sweethearts.

Varsity sports are basically, like, advanced sports. I'm not much of a sports fan, so that's the best that I can explain it. If you have a real talent for a certain sport, you go onto a varsity team, which, depending on the division you're in, get more funding and coverage.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @CreamierThanMami

I mean, they don't necessarily have to live together. They can just be sweethearts.

Varsity sports are basically, like, advanced sports. I'm not much of a sports fan, so that's the best that I can explain it. If you have a real talent for a certain sport, you go onto a varsity team, which, depending on the division you're in, get more funding and coverage.

they have to live toghtere... it is a houshold challenge... so if the person that takes it are supose to make both... well then they in 1 houshold.

same reason uploading as a houshold is cool (if people wants to easy ad extra housholds to the game...) but as single sims are also fine... hay it is all about the fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    NEW CHALLENGE: Beauty and the Beast

Beast has always been the heartthrob of his small hometown, even if he is a bit brutish. He's the star of his Varisty footbal team and has more friends than he can count. Belle, on the other hand...well, she's no conventional beauty, let's put it that way. But Beast falls in love with her anyway. Why? is it because of her award winning personality, or kind smile? Who knows?

I take this

analysing the needs:

2 sims, 1 male 1 female.
    with Varisty footbal I say YA both

Beast (could that be last name?)
    people love him... so he might be Irresistible and charismatic
    his on the football team... so atletic
    looking buff

Belle
    kind smile
    nice person
    not the clasical beuty

so relation ship.... boyfriend and girlfriend...

think thats what I have.

keep thinking the disney movie though.... :hushed:

• Options
    Rebel teen

Max is Rebellious teenager, he skips school more than he go, and usally hangs out with his friends egging houses and paiting the walls of the town. he love cars and can't wait to get his licens, he wants a dark blue sporst car, his favorit color. Then he can crouse down town and flirt with all the girls. Max's parent's a worried about their son's lack of serios goals, it dosn't fit their ambitions for him, to make it all wors his behavior is rubbing of on his little brother. Maybe they schould send Max to militaryschool?
  • Options
    Finished "Opposites Attract".

Screenshot-3_zpswovcvb8d.jpg

Here's Amanda. I think I might have gone overboard with the "evil" theme...

Screenshot-2_zpsiyp6wsfj.jpg

Here's Tucker. I like making shy sims look buff, and that really reflects here.

Download Links below. There's some CC.

Amanda

Tucker

looking good...eh evil... I think you did great.
  • Options
    @CreamierThanMami

they have to live toghtere... it is a houshold challenge... so if the person that takes it are supose to make both... well then they in 1 houshold.

same reason uploading as a houshold is cool (if people wants to easy ad extra housholds to the game...) but as single sims are also fine... hay it is all about the fun.

I dunno, maybe it's because I play Sims differently, but I've never thought of households as necessarily two sims that live together. I've always thought of them as Sims that happen to be related, either through blood or friendship.

Also, thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @CreamierThanMami

I dunno, maybe it's because I play Sims differently, but I've never thought of households as necessarily two sims that live together. I've always thought of them as Sims that happen to be related, either through blood or friendship.

Also, thanks!

It is the uploade definition. And in game when in Edit town

Can be 1 or ud to 8 sims .... 10 if we country pets
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I'm so glad this challenge is starting to pick up! :) I've been lurking, keeping an eye on it. I think it's a great idea, but just have too much on my plate right now to join in. Hopefully it will still be active once I finish up a couple of my current projects and I can take a shot at it then. :) Until then, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Both in terms of short description prompts and sims!
  • Options
    I'm so glad this challenge is starting to pick up! :) I've been lurking, keeping an eye on it. I think it's a great idea, but just have too much on my plate right now to join in. Hopefully it will still be active once I finish up a couple of my current projects and I can take a shot at it then. :) Until then, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Both in terms of short description prompts and sims!

I'm happy to

remeber if you see a challenge you want to "reserve" you can take it and send a new out, there is no deadline in when you finish the challenge ;)
    but no stress hopefully this will stay for some time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    this is added to first post

clarification: a houshold is sims living on the same lot, they do not need to be related or even like each other, they just live togehter.
    In sims 3 a houshold can be from 1 to 8 sims, if pets are installed there can be up to 10 sims, with still max 8 human sims and max 6 animal sims.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/technicalhelp/households.php
    housholds can be shared, my surgestion is to uploade them as a houshold, if you choose to uploade. http://www.thesims3.com/exchange/households
    a houshold need to have atleast 1 human sim age YA to elder.
  • Options

clarification: a houshold is sims living on the same lot, they do not need to be related or even like each other, they just live togehter.
    In sims 3 a houshold can be from 1 to 8 sims, if pets are installed there can be up to 10 sims, with still max 8 human sims and max 6 animal sims.
    housholds can be shared, my surgestion is to uploade them as a houshold, if you choose to uploade. http://www.thesims3.com/exchange/households

I'm not talking by game definition, though. I'm saying by how I play the game. My households are made up of Sims who don't live together in-story; they're just one household for my convenience.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I'm not talking by game definition, though. I'm saying by how I play the game. My households are made up of Sims who don't live together in-story; they're just one household for my convenience.

thats perfectly fine, but that is the definition in game, and the difinition this game is following. what you call it in your game dosn't matter much.
    But it was 1 of the main points of the game.
    I added it becouse if others think as you, I clearly needed to make the definition used in this game clear.

I understand fully that when writting a story or makeing a movie it is easier to have sims not related or friends in same house = household.

here I don't say sims in a household is related, they can be as the roomie houshold in Sunset Vally.

• Options
    Twin orphans
    After twin boys, George and John find out they had been abandoned by their parents, they realized they would have to go through life alone. They're similar in a way because they both are into fishing but they do have different clothing styles. They have been moved around from foster home to foster home and were able to do some odd jobs. But they are now young adults and have saved up enough money to live on their own. George's style is somewhat of a rocker type, he is into the guitar and is really into sports (fishing included). John is more of a nerdy type, he is into writing and does fishing in his spare time.

I would like to take this one please :)

The Twins are done B)

George and John are identical twins who have had a tough time growing up. They lost their parents at a young age and as a result have had to live in foster homes. Although they are identical twins they have each chosen different ways to handle what their lives have given them.

George chose music as his outlet. He loves playing the guitar the most but has a few skills in several instruments. His first love is music although if he found a cool looking chick to adore him while he played he wouldn't be upset. After all someone who kisses as great as he does should have someone to kiss. Of course laughing at his jokes would also be a plus.

George has several skills already. He is a virtuoso, a great kisser, has a good sense of humor, loves the outdoors, and an angler.

George ~

kbbtaq.jpg

John is a bit on the nerdy side but still stylish in his way. He loves to be outside but he also loves his computer. His passion is writing using the experiences of his life to build on and mold into stories for people to understand and enjoy. For now that's enough but he's keeping his eyes open for the love of his life. Giving children of his own a better upbringing than he and George had is very important to him.

John also has a scattering of skills. He is family oriented, a genius, computer whiz, loves the outdoors and an angler.

John ~

xq9irp.jpg

Brotherly Bonding ~

1zwp4p1.jpg

You may want to let them enjoy the outdoors and fishing at night however, as they don't do well in the sun. You might be able to help them with that problem down the road though! :)

The Twins are available here ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8667531

**Thank you for this challenge Janine! I really like the way they have come out and am planning on continuing their story in my game. :) **