Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

need a smart tech person, Java?

I can't find Java on my computer. I went to the search bar, and the control panel, uninstall. I can't find a thing. Is it possible that I don't have Java? Could someone please point me in the right direction, web sight. I want to confirm one way or another. I want to ad a safe and free version of Java, but there's a lot of web sights out there. I don't want to end up downloading a virus. I trust my Simmers advice. I'm not getting Sim points so another person from the forum suggested that I clear my Java cache. This is how it all started.

Comments

• Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I didn't give anyone much of a chance to respond. I went to Java.com/en/download brought to you by Oracle. Please tell me that I did the right thing by installing this Java. What with all the stuff at the top of my page? Ask, ebay, YouTube, CNN, and so on. Can I get rid of them, or just hide them?
  • Options
    JessiLeSueurJessiLeSueur Posts: 27 Member
    google "how to clear javacache"

When you installed java, it added in an Ask.com toolbar. To get rid of this google "how to disable ask toolbar"
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @JessiLeSueur, I figured it out, but thanks anyways. I'm not very Comfortable with the computer and internet, however I'm sill trying. The Simmers and the Sims game is so worth it.
  • Options
    JessiLeSueurJessiLeSueur Posts: 27 Member
    No problem, I just wanted to make sure you got help as many problems go overlooked on these forums. I was trying to post links to the instructions for you, but the site wouldn't let me, so I hope you didn't think I was being rude. I hope you don't have any more problems, happy simming!