Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reflections on mods, and a thank you to modders

MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
So I don't know if it's a case of the glass being half empty, half full, or as an engineer would say, not the right size.

I find I am downloading far more mods and cc than I had intended/wanted to. I'd like in-game solutions, but they're not forthcoming. I initially found this annoying.

Then I looked at my huge folders of cc for Sims 1, my gazillion mods for Sims 2, and the Sims 3 NRAAS mods, and I realized this has ALWAYS been the case. I've ALWAYS ended up downloading from the community the stuff that enabled me to customize the game to point where I really loved it.

I've tried playing the first 3 without mods, but after having them, there was never any going back. I'm getting that way now with Sims 4.

So ... I guess the glass was just not the right size. Thank you, modders, the engineers of our community, who have ALWAYS made our games be what WE want it to be, no matter how differently we all play. YOU rule (in the sense of being truly awesome), and you enable US, the players, to truly rule our games, no matter how much our play styles differ.

Comments

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well, said.

I have also been very reluctant to add anything to my Sims 4 game that isn't EA made. I have to keep reminding myself that my Sims 3 game has over 300 items in the mods folder and over 100 CC Sims packs installed through the launcher.

I think what has me concerned is that I will find a mod or CC that I absolutely love and with Sims 4 being so new that a patch or update will roll through that obliterates my favorite item. There are already a number of mods that I considered game vital that no longer work since the creator stopped updating them.

ETA: My Sims 4 mod folder has 266 files in it, that does concern me lol since it will only grow larger with time.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I didn't start using mods or custom content until four years after I'd been playing with Sims 3. With Sims 4, I started using mods and CC right from the start. I don't have many mods, but I have a huge amount of CC.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I don't know. I must be weird, but I have always used mods/cc in all of my games. It started with Sims 1 and some other games back then. Sims 2 I was a crazy person with CC and mods and it was the same with Sims 3. NRAAS and Awesome mod seemed to fix all of the annoying things that never got fixed. Now they are gone and I am filled with nitpicky annoyances for Sims 4! I have less CC/mods than my other games for Sims 4, but I still have a ton. I am addicted to the pretties. I never understood the fear people seem to have with CC/mods.

I am very thankful for the people who share all of the CC and mods!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Great thread! Yes, I absolutely agree. Without the modders, MTS, TSR and other great sites would not be in existence and our games would be boring and unplayable.

Kudos to the modding community! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.