Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help finding a Fridge and shower,for homeless Sims

I am trying to do a home with nothing but found stuff etc like from dumpster diving and so far can find all required stuff but those two mentioned in topic anybody know a way to get them from anything other then the buy catalogue

Microwave
Beds
Tvs
Washer/dryer
Stove
Tables/chairs
Decor etc all from from dumpster diving

You can make a working toilet sculpting,but then you technically are making money and have a real job :/ but is there someplace I can find these two things(or a toilet).I know about using the ones at the gym and park etc but wish one could be found.Can you get one fishing,or exploring any rabbit hole adventures like the dresser,catacombs or mining holes????? Anything?? Thanks in advance <3
I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have no idea. My personal preference, when I remember to do it, is something you wouldn't do.

I put my two savvy seller shops into my town and send my sims there to buy their stuff. Much easier than sifting through the buy catgalog. But that isn't your intent and I've never tried to play your way. I rarely go dumpster diving and hardly use the miner or investigate the catacombs. I do use the wishing well to fish quite a lot but it just gives me fish and magic gnomes.

I do plan to do these other things though, but just haven't yet.

Good luck with your mission.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've had sims do a lot of dumpster diving in 2 different games and I never saw a fridge, shower, or toilet. I don't recall a microwave off hand but I've found grills, stoves, either a washer or a dryer (probably both), and maybe one single bed. I don't think I've ever found a tub or sink either, come to think of it.

I haven't exploited the Kleptomania trait much. Maybe it's possible to swipe those things at night from a community lot. I don't know if you can swipe stuff from residential lots.

This may not be what you are looking for, but if you can get your sims to University and stay at a dorm you can probably go into buy/build and just grab a few things and put them in the household inventory and take them home. Can you do the same thing at the community living center in Oasis Landing? I don't remember off the top of my head. That would be cheaper though (no cost to travel).
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Dang was hoping for a fridge at least, can live without hygeine and toilet,and yes you can get a microwave from dumpster diving trey but it requires a fridge. :'( And hi Karritz playing as a poor sim is fun and dumpster diving has sooo much free stuff including a weight bench and even a HD television.Could do a whole home but am missing those few things. :'(

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    I had sims live without a fridge for a few days. Left food in their inventory and they cooked it on that portable fire pit. I'm surprised the microwave requires a fridge.
  • Options
    :o trey you genius,I can fish and cook on fire pits...Thank you trey :)

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It is possible, though I think not likely, to get at least the shower dumpster diving. My sim conveniently found one shortly after her shower was stolen (maybe the thief ditched hers in the dumpster, idk). So it's possible and if you keep at it (I dunno how long you're willing to wait and keep trying for) you might find one. I dunno about a fridge I've never seen one yet in the dumpsters, I would think if everything else can turn up a fridge could too but who knows with this game. I don't know of any other way to get them though.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sorry double post, forum glitched.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I had sims live without a fridge for a few days. Left food in their inventory and they cooked it on that portable fire pit. I'm surprised the microwave requires a fridge.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    It is possible, though I think not likely, to get at least the shower dumpster diving. My sim conveniently found one shortly after her shower was stolen (maybe the thief ditched hers in the dumpster, idk). So it's possible and if you keep at it (I dunno how long you're willing to wait and keep trying for) you might find one. I dunno about a fridge I've never seen one yet in the dumpsters, I would think if everything else can turn up a fridge could too but who knows with this game. I don't know of any other way to get them though.

Seriously you can get a shower? Yay am going to start a new game now being a awesome hobo.Always play as my sim self but am going to make a hobo Sim with the mooch trait YAY!!!! Ty trey and Dreamerz this may sound silly but technically after you pee yourself you could shower and bladder and hygeine will be maxed.Sounds gross but is true though.Am going to dumpster dive like a champ now and am excited to play

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Found this site,it is interesting, a guy made a Dumpster Dan Sim and set the rules for the challenge,it is a good read.

https://opissims.wordpress.com/tag/dumpster-dan/

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Here's another dumpster based challenge: The Deal With It Dumpster Game. That post inspired my to try dumpster diving in my own game, but I haven't actually played the challenge.

If you have Ambitions don't ignore the junkyard. I'd copy Twinbrook's large junkyard to the bin and place in the world if I was going to try furnish a house from only what I could find in town.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had my sims find fridges in dumpsters and even expensive cars get found while dumpster diving.Tha Jankowskys in Evermore found a car worth 10000$ in the dumpsters and sold it to finish their house.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    You could steal them from the gym. I've done that before in times of great need. Steal an sell em so the repo guy dont come and take my car
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I've mostly found random furniture stuff in dumpsters, along with a few collectable items not worth much. The closest to an actually useful item was a broken washing machne from one of the junkyards in Twinbrook. I haven't done that much dumpster diving, aside from my rags-to-riches game and the Twinbrook game, where the Sim I'm playing has an inventing workbench. He's an interior decorator who also dabbles in art and inventing.

If you're trying to do an R2R/Dumpster living challenge, dumpsters, consignment stores and junkyards may yield surprising results, especially when with the traits Frugal and Moocher. Fishing, collecting and other similar hobbies may also be helpful, since they might bring you a bit of starting simoleons, while keeping your Sim occupied for a bit, so they don't moan about things not going smoothly.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    I found a family in dragon Valley with a dumpster in their basement. I checked the other day and it's still there, )
  • Options
    One of the inactives in Lunar Lakes has 2 or 3 dumpsters on his lot, 2 are indoors right by his bed IIRC. I think he's supposed to be the town scavenger.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I put my two savvy seller shops into my town and send my sims there to buy their stuff. Much easier than sifting through the buy catgalog. quote]

@Karritz Could you elaborate a little more on how to do this? SO tired of spending hours looking through miscellaneous décor. I googled and found some premade savvy seller shops but they're on the exchange so not sure.

@CravenLestat Sorry to hijack your thread and LOVE your Baskin Robbins pics on 'that other' thread. Can't believe what you've done with no CC. Good job.
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    I put my two savvy seller shops into my town and send my sims there to buy their stuff. Much easier than sifting through the buy catgalog. quote]

@Karritz Could you elaborate a little more on how to do this? SO tired of spending hours looking through miscellaneous décor. I googled and found some premade savvy seller shops but they're on the exchange so not sure.

@CravenLestat Sorry to hijack your thread and LOVE your Baskin Robbins pics on 'that other' thread. Can't believe what you've done with no CC. Good job.

My stores are on the exchange. I made them when I had never had CC in my game and might have had error trap master controller to overwatch. Unless the exchange does things to them autonomously they should be clean.

But the way I did it was to make a building and place savvy seller mats and shelves and fill it with items from the buy catalog.

I found it will also sell you the windows doors and curtains if the mats are close to them. also had mobiles hanging from the ceiling and they can be purchased too. I added some items from World adventures and consignment registers and vegetable carts so my gardener Sims can consign their produce. I've been think I should put the book registers in there somewhere too so my Sims can buy the fishing and recipe books without having to travel. I've been using them in my games for so long now that I've been evolving them. I've put an ordinary door on the bar so Sims can get into it and dance and meet friends after the store is closed. It has a late night bar and dance floor. The other building has a cafe and bistro oven in that space.
  • Options
    @Karritz, thanks. Is it Carter's Corner shop? That requires EPs I haven't installed yet so I'll have to wait.
  • Options
    @Karritz, thanks. Is it Carter's Corner shop? That requires EPs I haven't installed yet so I'll have to wait.

That is one of them. The other is The Blue Building. It is the same as Carters but it has different stuff in them

If you don't gave the EPs the items just won't appear in the store and you can put other things in there to replace them. You need savvy seller stuff though.
  • Options
    Is that Ambitions?
  • Options
    kittensquadkittensquad Posts: 110 Member
    Wait, why don't you go to the park and eat at the picnics available or the pool has table with food on them. lol
  • Options
    Is that Ambitions?

This is a link to my showcase thread so you can see pictures of the stores if you'd like to. The first page is a sort of table of contents and tells you which page the build starts on. There are a lot of pictures.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/715610.page

Savvy Seller items come with the store world Midnight Hollow. You need to Gold Version as you can't buy the toy store separately and you'll need it for the toy making machine. The toys made in the machine can be played with by sim children so there is extra game play with each one. Including the baby mat and kite and a few others.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Karritz, thanks :)

Edit: Oooh, nice! You have some beautiful lots.