Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC VS NO CC

Comments

• KimberleePKimberleeP Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm in love with cc. After seeing how unique I can make my sims look, I couldn't stop getting more of it. I know that the idea of keeping up with it may scare people, but I've never kept up with mine and it still works. I've had to limit myself by staying toward a typical style as to avoid downloading too much which takes up too much space. I would still enjoy the game without cc, but it wouldn't be as entertaining. :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Mods (including CC in The Sims) are a complete game changer in adding value to a game, IMO.

It is one of the reasons I shelled out for a gaming PC. There are very few games on my machine that haven't been modded to some extent, even if it is just the addition of an ENB.

What makes Sims 4 standout for me as a truly brilliant game for mods, is the the absolutely simplicity in the way mods and CC can be added and removed. This allows the player to create all manner of different ways to look at and play the game.

I keep all my mods and cc in folder sets, some with HD hair, some with clay hair, some with full autonomy mods and piles of mods to boost emotions. Other sets are near vanilla.

Basically this gives me drag and drop expansion packs for the game. All for free.

Clothes and accessories - wow - there are literally 1000s of items to choose from. Eye colours, skin. Some outlandish, some so close to the game's default that you would have to be very, very good to spot the difference.

As an example of the use of the more out there CC, I have a playthrough where I am just using Victorian clothes. The whole playthrough is on a single lot. Like a little Victorian play. I run this with no autonomy at all and am very selective in the dialogue choices. If it ever becomes possible to mod in animated poses, I may be able to get that dance from Pride and Prejudice.

The creators of this stuff are players of the game on a whole new level to the average, IMO. Their talent can be incorporated into the games they are playing - and then they share it with the rest of us! I don't have enough thank yous for this.

What I find very interesting is that this is the only gaming community I have ever encountered where some even consider modding to be a bad thing. I don't get it. I can't see anything not to like.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    As if I needed another reason to like cc... I just saw that someone made an outdoor toilet out of wild grass. How could anyone not want this?
    1523526.largethumb.jpg
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    edited May 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »
    As if I needed another reason to like cc... I just saw that someone made an outdoor toilet out of wild grass. How could anyone not want this?
    1523526.largethumb.jpg

Interestingly, I have a playthrough that I have just started last night. It starts with a young couple rolling into Oasis Springs, carrying basic camping equipment, a few books and a couple of guitars. That mod has made my game :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Mods (including CC in The Sims) are a complete game changer in adding value to a game, IMO.

It is one of the reasons I shelled out for a gaming PC. There are very few games on my machine that haven't been modded to some extent, even if it is just the addition of an ENB.

What makes Sims 4 standout for me as a truly brilliant game for mods, is the the absolutely simplicity in the way mods and CC can be added and removed. This allows the player to create all manner of different ways to look at and play the game.

I keep all my mods and cc in folder sets, some with HD hair, some with clay hair, some with full autonomy mods and piles of mods to boost emotions. Other sets are near vanilla.

Basically this gives me drag and drop expansion packs for the game. All for free.

Clothes and accessories - wow - there are literally 1000s of items to choose from. Eye colours, skin. Some outlandish, some so close to the game's default that you would have to be very, very good to spot the difference.

As an example of the use of the more out there CC, I have a playthrough where I am just using Victorian clothes. The whole playthrough is on a single lot. Like a little Victorian play. I run this with no autonomy at all and am very selective in the dialogue choices. If it ever becomes possible to mod in animated poses, I may be able to get that dance from Pride and Prejudice.

The creators of this stuff are players of the game on a whole new level to the average, IMO. Their talent can be incorporated into the games they are playing - and then they share it with the rest of us! I don't have enough thank yous for this.

What I find very interesting is that this is the only gaming community I have ever encountered where some even consider modding to be a bad thing. I don't get it. I can't see anything not to like.
    I think Sims 3 gave mods and especially cc a bad name because it can really get you into trouble in that game (not being very cc friendly)? Mods I can't live without in 4 is the one that gets rid of the white outlinings all together. In 3 I use nomosaic and just recently Overwatch and ErrorTrap. I'm glad I have those.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited May 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I think Sims 3 gave mods and especially cc a bad name because it can really get you into trouble in that game (not being very cc friendly)? Mods I can't live without in 4 is the one that gets rid of the white outlinings all together. In 3 I use nomosaic and just recently Overwatch and ErrorTrap. I'm glad I have those.

I have had a little experience of modding Sims 3 (not much) and it is still fairly easy and friendly compared to the walk through fire that is modding Skyrim :)

I do take your point tho'. I have also become aware that many players of the sims don't play many other games, if any at all. So yes, modding without knowledge can easily wreck your game.

Thankfully, the sims 4 is so very simple and if it all goes wrong, then it is a simple case of removing the mod folder, repair, launch, play. Doesn't get much friendlier. A very good game to have a go at modding, IMO.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    I don't use CC in TS4, I used it in 3.

I used cc in The Sims 3 and never since

903.png
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

forgot to ask..outline removal..not got that..I need that...

Right..I have now got that :)

You actually don't need a mod, just set this in the game properties in Origin:

-nohovereffects

This will mean it always off

In game you can toggle it using the cheat:

hovereffects off or hovereffects on
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I've always been a huge supporter of the talent men and women who take valuable time out of their lives to make amazing mods for games and, thus, I've always been one to take advantage of said creations. So mark me down for being for CC! But as with most things, I try to keep my CC in moderation. I normally don't download a lot of clothes, furniture, etc so that definitely helps.

Honestly, I'm not sure why these companies never hire some of the modders that they have to see changing their game for the better. lol

This and so much this!

I´ve been using CC since TS2 time, I have tons of objects and (mostly) mods for the three games (TS2, TS3 and TS4) and there have been only a few (very few) ítems that have given me some trouble and it has been worthy for all the wonderfull things I´ve gotten, and for free!

Thankyou very much modders and CC creators!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    1523526.largethumb.jpg

I had not seen it yet! thankyou for telling us! you make my day, downloaded right now!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I spend more time collecting cc than I do playing the game. :)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I have had a little experience of modding Sims 3 (not much) and it is still fairly easy and friendly compared to the walk through fire that is modding Skyrim :)

I do take your point tho'. I have also become aware that many players of the sims don't play many other games, if any at all. So yes, modding without knowledge can easily wreck your game.

Thankfully, the sims 4 is so very simple and if it all goes wrong, then it is a simple case of removing the mod folder, repair, launch, play. Doesn't get much friendlier. A very good game to have a go at modding, IMO.[/quote]

I really had to laugh at this statement about "compared to the walk through fire that is Skyrim" LOL. I modded the crap out of that game and had to use Nexus mod manager, boss, and I don't know what else. Not to mention cleaning edits etc. You had to practically take a class to mod that game.

That being said I have one mod for Sims 4 and that is Shrimrods CasModifierBugfix. It allows me to make elf Sims which I need to have LOL. Other than that no mods yet but we are still very early in the game. As time goes on I will probably mod more. But yes this game is very easy to mod. Drag and drop doesn't get no easier.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I like cc I have a lot of clotting from TSR and some objects. I do try no to download to much, but right now I have about 40 or more items in my Mods folder. I guess I am not doing to well on keeping it out.
    edited May 2015
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

Thankfully, the sims 4 is so very simple and if it all goes wrong, then it is a simple case of removing the mod folder, repair, launch, play. Doesn't get much friendlier. A very good game to have a go at modding, IMO.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I really had to laugh at this statement about "compared to the walk through fire that is Skyrim" LOL. I modded the crap out of that game and had to use Nexus mod manager, boss, and I don't know what else. Not to mention cleaning edits etc. You had to practically take a class to mod that game.

That being said I have one mod for Sims 4 and that is Shrimrods CasModifierBugfix. It allows me to make elf Sims which I need to have LOL. Other than that no mods yet but we are still very early in the game. As time goes on I will probably mod more. But yes this game is very easy to mod. Drag and drop doesn't get no easier.

Am glad to give have given you some amusement :)

My favourite with Skyrim is that little inconsequential mod you install that completely blows your game up 30 hours later :fearful:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited May 2015

Creating a Mods folder in 3 was quite a challenge in itself, I couldn't believe in 2 all I had to do was create a folder called Downloads and that was it lol (and in 4 it was all ready waiting for me ;)).
    But you're right, my son uses loads of mods for Skyrim and Minecraft, it's completely normal apparently. I guess I also don't quite trust them in my Sims 3 game because it's so fragile (bug and glitch wise).
    5JZ57S6.png

-nohovereffects

I know, but that only takes away the outlines when you hover, I don't want them at all (when I'm selecting things) ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    KHS12 wrote: »
    my origin account updates my game automatically for me but I never remove my mods. Havent had any issues thus far.

That's asking for trouble. You should turn that off.

And No, I don't use CC. Never have, probably never will. All the extra meshes and stuff... Too much work on my part - I'm too lazy to read what I need to do to install it etc.. I do however, use mods for TS3 but that was merely coincidental.

--T

ETA: I am now a TS2 CC addict *oh the shame lol* can anyone recommend some good stuff for males? Like hair and clothing?

Thanks.
    Post edited by To7m on

-nohovereffects

I know, but that only takes away the outlines when you hover, I don't want them at all (when I'm selecting things) ;)

Ah, I understand that. I am bit like that as well. I like to be able to make the game as minimalist as I can. I am using the cheat now and I like it, so will hunt down the mod that kills all outlines :)

I really wish the TAB camera didn't disable the speech bubbles and game control, as much as I love it's other features.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I must confess that I had too much cc in TS2, years ago. Mostly hair and clothing. I didn't think they had adequate bridal gowns, for one and the clothing for little girls was pathetic in my eyes at that time. I didn't go quite so nuts in TS3, but, I ended up going for mods (something I never did in TS2). I've tried a few mods in this game, here and there, but then I have to remember to remove the mods folder before a patch, and to make certain I've got origin set so it doesn't happen automatically. Not only that, but most of the time my selected mods don't function properly after the patches. I keep going back to see if they've been updated, but the new version still upsets my game. I'm pretty much done with cc and mods at this point.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2015

-nohovereffects

Ah, I understand that. I am bit like that as well. I like to be able to make the game as minimalist as I can. I am using the cheat now and I like it, so will hunt down the mod that kills all outlines :)

I really wish the TAB camera didn't disable the speech bubbles and game control, as much as I love it's other features.
    I have this one. I'm not a gamer, I'm strictly a simmer, so I was completely confused when I first saw them :D"What's... that...? Why did they do that, it's ugly!" Turns out it's not an uncommon thing in games but I don't like it.
    5JZ57S6.png

-nohovereffects

I have this one. I'm not a gamer, I'm strictly a simmer, so I was completely confused when I first saw them :D"What's... that...? Why did they do that, it's ugly!" Turns out it's not an uncommon thing in games but I don't like it.

Ta, very muchly :) Yes, I try and turn off as much gamey interface clutter as I can once I understand what I can, and can't interact with.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I wouldn't play this game without my cc and mods. I would not find it at all fun.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I don't do CC because the art looks different and often annoying, especially those that look like something from Second Life
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    How could any PC game player refuse to use CC or even mods? What a bizarre and unstable the PC gaming community is.

Edit: If you're using extra content for this game, you have to be extra careful. I've been seeing a lot of "Remove your CC/mods before patching" threads going around this forum.

I didn't start using CC or mods until four years after I'd been playing Sims 3. And even then, it wasn't much, and O start sparsely use mods in TS3. I started off with CC and mods right away with Sims 4 because CASt had been taken away and I hate the goal-oriented play.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • bowiecasualtybowiecasualty Posts: 62 Member
    Haha my sims would be so ugly without CC! CC is a must for me
    tumblr_m7h64cQNLm1qdp7wqo1_500_zpsf8obocq4.gif