Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nudist bug takes on a new twist.

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
I have no idea why I'm plagued with this. At first, my sims returned home nude after jogging if it was queued right after a shower. This started with the Easter Egg Patch and I learned to queue something else before the jog to avoid it.

Now, after the May patch, brave Roxanne (I'm calling her brave due to her apparent lack of shame) comes out of a relaxing bath completely nude. Only this time, there's no blur. She's a teen and this really irks me.

Wut?

I have no mods and no CC. Is it the illness causing it this time? She obviously has some sort of pox, despite that her moodlet only tells me she's stuffed up. Is anyone else having nude issues like this?

I've taken the high road and censored the image myself, but I added it for reference.

NewNudeGlitch.jpg

EDIT: The game also thinks she's dressed this time

NewNudeGlitch_2.jpg

At least with the other nude glitch I have, the game knows they're nude.

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I have this bug too, Had a shower, came out nude and died. (He didn't die from being naked, he was rejected from marriage)
  • Options
    I have this bug too, Had a shower, came out nude and died. (He didn't die from being naked, he was rejected from marriage)

Oh god. That would have been a good story though. Lol.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    No, not so far, but I feel your pain. Back in TS3, I had one mod that I suspect I hadn't set correctly. When my singer Sim would come downstairs after his morning shower, totally in the nude (although I believe the censor was still in place, if memory serves) to sit at the dining table to have coffee in the presence of his sister! He did this a lot. Disturbing, much. Just when I thought I'd solved the problem by adjusting the mod, it would happen again. Face/palm. I do hope you're able to fix this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh geez, this one's persistent. Changing outfits doesn't do anything. She does the whirl like she's changed clothes, but she's still nude. I tried every category.

EDIT: only fix seems to be exiting the game. I deleted the thumbnail.cache while I was at it. Not sure if it was necessary though. Just FYI for anyone else who might be plagued with shameless sims. This family is just sick. She has a full romantic bar with her dad too. I just noticed it. *facepalm*
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    Wowsers! That's pretty bad. I noticed after yesterday's patch that my Sim had a shower, and she was in her underwear instead of pixels. I do have CC, but I never noticed this before. Crazy game!!!!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Oh geez, this one's persistent. Changing outfits doesn't do anything. She does the whirl like she's changed clothes, but she's still nude. I tried every category.

EDIT: only fix seems to be exiting the game. I deleted the thumbnail.cache while I was at it. Not sure if it was necessary though. Just FYI for anyone else who might be plagued with shameless sims. This family is just sick. She has a full romantic bar with her dad too. I just noticed it. *facepalm*

Urgh I HATE that incest bug! That collection of bugs needs to be the first bugs they work on! Yuck :(
  • Options

Urgh I HATE that incest bug! That collection of bugs needs to be the first bugs they work on! Yuck :(

Me too. Out of all the time I played, it only started rearing its ugly head in the past month, and I absolutely despise it.
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2015
    I had my sim in the park a couple of days ago, and a sim from one of my other households jogged up to the grill and started cooking naked. What made it humorous to me was I had named him William Klinton, a parody of former US president Bill Clinton. Since then, I have seen several nude sim glitches.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    I had my sim in the park a couple of days ago, and a sim from one of my other households jogged up to the grill and started cooking naked. What made it humorous to me was I had named him William Klinton, a parody of former US president Bill Clinton. Since then, I have seen several nude sim glitches.

have you noticed if they have any skin rashes when they don't have the censor blur? I'm wondering if there's a connection.
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    No, I haven't. If anyone would have a strange rash in my world, William Klinton would be the one :D
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    This happened to me in TS3 a few times, but not in TS4 yet.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    No, I haven't. If anyone would have a strange rash in my world, William Klinton would be the one :D

I LOL'ed so hard at this. Hope you guys get this bug sorted soon.

• Options
    Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    My made-over version of Cassandra Goth came home from work naked one afternoon (no rash or illness). Her husband is a master painter so I took advantage of the situation and had him paint a portrait of her. She returned to normal after a shower but the moment has been forever preserved in the painting of a nude Cassandra hanging on their wall!
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I have no idea why I'm plagued with this. At first, my sims returned home nude after jogging if it was queued right after a shower. This started with the Easter Egg Patch and I learned to queue something else before the jog to avoid it.

Now, after the May patch, brave Roxanne (I'm calling her brave due to her apparent lack of shame) comes out of a relaxing bath completely nude. Only this time, there's no blur. She's a teen and this really irks me.

Wut?

I have no mods and no CC. Is it the illness causing it this time? She obviously has some sort of pox, despite that her moodlet only tells me she's stuffed up. Is anyone else having nude issues like this?

I've taken the high road and censored the image myself, but I added it for reference.

NewNudeGlitch.jpg

EDIT: The game also thinks she's dressed this time

NewNudeGlitch_2.jpg

At least with the other nude glitch I have, the game knows they're nude.

Do you download from the gallery? I'm wondering if your Sim "caught" something?
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    This is the effect of lag not a bug. The game is taking too long to update the appearance of the Sim after the bath/shower/whatever which is what's causing this. Well it might be a bug causing lag, but that's the reason this is happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Do you download from the gallery? I'm wondering if your Sim "caught" something?

No. I create everything myself. She' s a second generation sim from two of my originals.
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    This is the effect of lag not a bug. The game is taking too long to update the appearance of the Sim after the bath/shower/whatever which is what's causing this. Well it might be a bug causing lag, but that's the reason this is happening.

It's weird that this never happened until the Easter egg patch.
  • Options
    simscoffeeandsunshinesimscoffeeandsunshine Posts: 53 Member
    I actually just made a post about this. I didn't read see this post until now. I have the same issue, and it only occurred when my Sim got sick. She at least wore some pants, but she enjoyed mopping her floors while topless. Kind of funny, but I hope they fix the issue soon.