Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    This is super interesting! I think I'll give it a try ^_^ But what are the lot sizes in Aurora Skies exactly?
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Empty lots:
    20x20 x3
    20x30 x4
    30x20 x2
    30x30 x3
    35x25
    40x40 x3
    50x25
    50x50
    64x64 x3

Googling usually helps ;) I found them here.
  • AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Thanks for looking that up @Silvakristiina!

I'm happy you're planning to enter @okester!
  • MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    @Aaronsims, are custom textures allowed? I just started created and wasn't even thinking about CC when I built the walls/floors/etc. Let me know and I can go back and change if necessary!
    @Aaronsims, are custom textures allowed? I just started created and wasn't even thinking about CC when I built the walls/floors/etc. Let me know and I can go back and change if necessary!

What do you mean by custom textures? Like from the Create A Pattern or Create A World tool? I would have to say no as I've definitely had a game crash after downloading a building that used it.

• TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    This sounds really fun! A question though, I notice you said no CAP, but the examples of rosemaling don't really look like furniture and decor that will be possible otherwise. I guess I'm just wondering what you envisioned with the rosemaling (which is lovely).
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    edited May 2015
    Aaronsims wrote: »

What do you mean by custom textures? Like from the Create A Pattern or Create A World tool? I would have to say no as I've definitely had a game crash after downloading a building that used it.

I guess so? I've never used either of those tools. I didn't actually create them - I think they came with other CC that I've downloaded. Custom textures as in different patterns/colors for recolouring items/clothes/walls/etc.
    Post edited by MermaidInWonderlan on
    I guess so? I've never used either of those tools. I didn't actually create them - I think they came with other CC that I've downloaded. Custom textures as in different patterns/colors for recolouring items/clothes/walls/etc.
    Oh yeah, sorry, but that would be CAP which is forbidden in rule number 3 and would need to be replaced. Hope it doesn't mess up your build too much.
    Teegers wrote: »
    This sounds really fun! A question though, I notice you said no CAP, but the examples of rosemaling don't really look like furniture and decor that will be possible otherwise. I guess I'm just wondering what you envisioned with the rosemaling (which is lovely).
    Create a Pattern or CAP is where people upload their own pictures and textures into the game to make their own patterns. I've had that cause my game to crash. Create a style is where you click on the item in build mode and just recolor the patterns that EA has included in the game. Thia is allowed. I've played around with recoloring the EA patterns in build mode and have been able to approximate rosemaling.

Not a problem! Sorry, I'm not familiar with all of the terminology and acronyms.
  • RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @Aaronsims Thanks for the hair! I'll probably get started on the sim(s) this weekend. So excited for this! I may even try to build a house just to see if I can make something decent (not for judging, just for fun) haha So we'll seeeeee. Really I just want to decorate it because that's something I'm not bad at. haha
    Ok, I've made an executive decision: Make-overs of existing EA lots are now allowed in the building category. I know some people (like myself) are better decorators than builders, and I want everyone to be able to take part.
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Thank you again @Aaronsims! You can't seem to wait until the gifting part? ;) I have only one sim done yet and you have already given me so much gifts! :D I already imagined where the laugs go when I first noticed them... :D
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    You're honestly too kind to us @Aaronsims, haha. Thanks a lot! I've got one Sim done as well, and I'm working on the second right now. I've also been trying to get some inspiration to build a starter home, so I hope I'll get everything done in time :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Ok, I've made an executive decision: Make-overs of existing EA lots are now allowed in the building category. I know some people (like myself) are better decorators than builders, and I want everyone to be able to take part.

hmm I think a good makeover of some MH lots could make nice wooden houses for AS
    granded they need a big paint job and .... but the structures and the roof deco from MH would work well... I think
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Interesting idea @anettesb. I'm going to test this out myself. I think the design of MH is some of the best work they did. It has a charming building style and some really appealing sims. It will be interesting to see what things look like with out that MH characteristic gloominess (which I love).
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    be interesting to see what you get out of it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Thank you again @Aaronsims! You can't seem to wait until the gifting part? ;) I have only one sim done yet and you have already given me so much gifts! :D I already imagined where the laugs go when I first noticed them... :D
    You're honestly too kind to us @Aaronsims, haha. Thanks a lot! I've got one Sim done as well, and I'm working on the second right now. I've also been trying to get some inspiration to build a starter home, so I hope I'll get everything done in time :)

The gifting is the best part! I want everyone to have fun with the contest so if I see something on their WL that I think could help them I'm excited to gift it! Don't feel obligated to use things I gift you though... I just want you to have lots of options to play with. :)

• RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    edited May 2015
    anettesb wrote: »

hmm I think a good makeover of some MH lots could make nice wooden houses for AS
    granded they need a big paint job and .... but the structures and the roof deco from MH would work well... I think
    Oooh, that sounds like a great idea! I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it, but I'm sure that the house found in MH would look great with this theme! How exciting. Now I want to try it, too. lol

ETA: I turn around for 2 minutes and you gift me items @Aaronsims ! haha Thank you! I love 'em. XD
    Post edited by RaeNic on
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    I am so exited to see everyone's ideas coming together and cannot wait to see the all entries. :smiley:
    NagyGina wrote: »
    I am so exited to see everyone's ideas coming together and cannot wait to see the all entries. :smiley:
    Me too!!!
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Oh, what a neat contest idea!! I don't really need the stuff, since I have all the worlds and venues, but since we can donate, this could be fun! I love the look of the world itself for Aurora Skies, but m no more a fan of the modern buildings that are you! This looks like a thread to check for replacements!! The sims could be fun as well. Entries or not, I will be here looking at the ones you get!
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Just to clarify; we're allowed to remove an EA and build or lot on that one, right? Or not? Because I just started on a 20x20 one, but all the lots of that size were alread occupied.
    Just to clarify; we're allowed to remove an EA and build or lot on that one, right? Or not? Because I just started on a 20x20 one, but all the lots of that size were alread occupied.

Yes, this is totally allowed! Have fun building. :smiley: