Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers are too big to be in a free patch (and I don't mean file size)

Comments

• Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    EA cannot charge players for toddlers. Hopefully Maxis and EA realize that that would be suicide for them. The amount of retaliation would be astronomical...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Toddlers SHOULD have been in the game on launch, 9 months later and they're still nowhere to be found.

Agreed. Having such basic things like entire lifestages missing from the game at release says a lot about how this game was released. That said I think the OP is also correct that EA/Maxis is going to make players pay for it if we want them. I have a feeling the few freebies we got early on (pools, basements, etc.) were probably already well into development and nearly done by release and were given out to smooth over, just a little, how poorly the game was received. Considering this is EA, that goodwill actually extended far further than I thought it would. A feature as desired as toddlers isn't something they'll be able to resist making people shell out money for though.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Feels like Sims 3 all over again when it came to proper open for business and being able to run a restaurant. We never truly got it. But with Get To Work...
    We didn't really get it with Get To Work either. GTW is pitiful compared to Open for Business. It really is.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Feels like Sims 3 all over again when it came to proper open for business and being able to run a restaurant. We never truly got it. But with Get To Work...
    We didn't really get it with Get To Work either. GTW is pitiful compared to Open for Business. It really is.
    Yeah whenever I boot up my Sims 2 game, I remember how much I loved having the OFB EP. Having home businesses is really fun and challenging and I can have working cash registers in the game. It's really nice having a big separate neighborhood all my Sims can visit and I can build some residential lots on.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Well it's up to EA if they want customers to keep buying their products or not. Toddlers is a highly demanded feature. If they aren't returning, I want to hear it directly from Maxis that it is not possible to have them return so that I and others can move on from the Sims 4.
    It would be nice to know so I could move on an 8 month wait with no news on toddlers is not fun. I'm done purchasing Sims expansions till they announce if toddlers will be added or not $80 wasted already but not another dime.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Well it's up to EA if they want customers to keep buying their products or not. Toddlers is a highly demanded feature. If they aren't returning, I want to hear it directly from Maxis that it is not possible to have them return so that I and others can move on from the Sims 4.
    It would be nice to know so I could move on an 8 month wait with no news on toddlers is not fun. I'm done purchasing Sims expansions till they announce if toddlers will be added or not $80 wasted already but not another dime.
    Yeah pretty much what I'm waiting for too. Until then I can play my Sims 1 and 2 games and to check every once in awhile if the base game in the Sims 4 improved any or not. I won't be buying expansions especially if seasons or pets are released before toddlers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I believe they will be added in a patch for everyone so EA can make the most of them for future EP's and SP's and it's a huge feature I mean we are talking about a life stage here. But it makes sense to not be released by now it is massive and it would take alot of time to get it ready for a patch I mean they would need to work with routing issues, new animations for all life stages, new cas features and a whole array of features so it doesn't surprise me its not released yet especially since it has been under a year.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    FWIW, I think the OP is pretty much on the mark. That's not to say that I don't think that toddlers should've been in the base game. It's not to say that I don't think they should be added at no additional cost to the consumers. But given the scope of adding them, yes, I think that they will be 'attached' to an EP.

Yes, they'll likely be patched in for everyone, regardless of whether or not you buy the EP, but it'll be an EP-related patch so they can basically 'package' them with the EP (almost certainly a Generations/Family-oriented thing) and use them as a selling point to encourage everyone to buy the EP for the 'full family experience.' Something like that.

That's -if- they even do add toddlers. At this point, I'm honestly skeptical. But this is still all just opinion and supposition, so, we'll see. I just think that all the folks waiting with baited breath on every free patch to see if toddlers are there are setting themselves up for a lot more disappointment. IMO, if they ever arrive, it'll be in a big package with lots of fanfare.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    FWIW, I think the OP is pretty much on the mark. That's not to say that I don't think that toddlers should've been in the base game. It's not to say that I don't think they should be added at no additional cost to the consumers. But given the scope of adding them, yes, I think that they will be 'attached' to an EP.

Yes, they'll likely be patched in for everyone, regardless of whether or not you buy the EP, but it'll be an EP-related patch so they can basically 'package' them with the EP (almost certainly a Generations/Family-oriented thing) and use them as a selling point to encourage everyone to buy the EP for the 'full family experience.' Something like that.

That's -if- they even do add toddlers. At this point, I'm honestly skeptical. But this is still all just opinion and supposition, so, we'll see. I just think that all the folks waiting with baited breath on every free patch to see if toddlers are there are setting themselves up for a lot more disappointment. IMO, if they ever arrive, it'll be in a big package with lots of fanfare.

Then all of us waiting should give up waiting and just convince ourselves the game is what it is and just move on. Yeah - I actually agree - it has been too long - the pie has spoiled actually and who wants to eat a rotten pie anyway.

What a concept. Let's all move on. How dare us expect the Sims team to come thru and deliver what they said was in the game before it came out. LOL I guess that is much like any one expecting to get fixes that actually fix the game - how dare you expect a bugless game or a fixed one. Maybe you ought to give the Sims team some incentive and offer to pay for fixes - because after all no body is perfect right? We silly people who think we should have bugless games are just so absurd. Never mind expecting it for free. Time is money you know. A fix wasn't in the game then perhaps it should be in the game - ONLY. of course, if you are willing to pay for the Dev's time for making fixes....

Yes- we should all move on who is unhappy with the game and leave all of you happy with the way it is. Yep - great idea. Maybe I will yet. That darn thing we call hope just keeps slapping many of us upside the head - you know. But believe me you can only slap a dog so many times before they finally get tired of it and bite you back... or maybe they will just run away. Sounds like a plan.... Sounds better and better with each new patch and each new wave of disappointment. Guess it is high time for us dogs to either bite back or quietly sneak away.

Although I really wonder if all these people still waiting for things in the game were not here hoping and sharing their hopes - exactly how much of the threads would there be in the Sims 4 forum with just those happy with the game as it is? I wonder.

But you know - each slap in the face is really driving simmers away - so who knows maybe even next patch announcement no one of us still having hopes posts.... It is an idea that maybe you are right and we all should just move on....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Then all of us waiting should give up waiting and just convince ourselves the game is what it is and just move on. Yeah - I actually agree - it has been too long - the pie has spoiled actually and who wants to eat a rotten pie anyway.

What a concept. Let's all move on. How dare us expect the Sims team to come thru and deliver what they said was in the game before it came out. LOL I guess that is much like any one expecting to get fixes that actually fix the game - how dare you expect a bugless game or a fixed one. Maybe you ought to give the Sims team some incentive and offer to pay for fixes - because after all no body is perfect right? We silly people who think we should have bugless games are just so absurd. Never mind expecting it for free. Time is money you know. A fix wasn't in the game then perhaps it should be in the game - ONLY. of course, if you are willing to pay for the Dev's time for making fixes....

Yes- we should all move on who is unhappy with the game and leave all of you happy with the way it is. Yep - great idea. Maybe I will yet. That darn thing we call hope just keeps slapping many of us upside the head - you know. But believe me you can only slap a dog so many times before they finally get tired of it and bite you back... or maybe they will just run away. Sounds like a plan.... Sounds better and better with each new patch and each new wave of disappointment. Guess it is high time for us dogs to either bite back or quietly sneak away.

Although I really wonder if all these people still waiting for things in the game were not here hoping and sharing their hopes - exactly how much of the threads would there be in the Sims 4 forum with just those happy with the game as it is? I wonder.

But you know - each slap in the face is really driving simmers away - so who knows maybe even next patch announcement no one of us still having hopes posts.... It is an idea that maybe you are right and we all should just move on....

Wow. It seems you're really looking to take things personally. If that's meant as a reply to me (as you quoted my post), I think you should maybe read what I wrote. I didn't really say -anything- that you just went on a rant about. YOU said all that. Might be time to take a few deep breaths.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    DLC does not have a size limit, and that includes game patches. If the company wanted to do right by players and release toddlers in a free content update they absolutely could. Do I think toddlers will come in an update? No. Do I think toddlers will be coming at all? No.

They have had almost 1 full year full of feedback on their removal. They had a petition with 25k+ signatures calling for them to be added. They have had player upon player write how important they are. 8 months after the game was released, and we are in the same place as we have been. If they were a priority for the management at Maxis then we would have heard something. Silence in this case is just the company trying to string players along. It's sad because there will be players who will buy and buy and buy hoping to get toddlers and it just might not happen.
  • Options
    DLC does not have a size limit, and that includes game patches. If the company wanted to do right by players and release toddlers in a free content update they absolutely could. Do I think toddlers will come in an update? No. Do I think toddlers will be coming at all? No.

They have had almost 1 full year full of feedback on their removal. They had a petition with 25k+ signatures calling for them to be added. They have had player upon player write how important they are. 8 months after the game was released, and we are in the same place as we have been. If they were a priority for the management at Maxis then we would have heard something. Silence in this case is just the company trying to string players along. It's sad because there will be players who will buy and buy and buy hoping to get toddlers and it just might not happen.

I used to be one of those that bought everything - but Sims 4 has taught me it is foolish to buy eps and other packs when the base game _IN MY VIEW is incomplete. So I no longer follow the belief that if the name Sims is on it - it will be great. I will not buy any eps or anything else until they finish the base game - and finish it properly with all life stages intact.

I am speaking with my wallet - finally. Unlike previous versions of the Sims series - it seems I am not alone in this declaration, but then this is the first Sims game that regressed in a basegame - no toddlers and object babies tied to their bassinet) back to the Original Sims game - so I am not surprised others are also starting to come to this conclusion.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    [quote="AndyBrains;13601474"][quote="Simsdx;13601393"]
    Well who gives a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if it's too much work, the point is we ALL payed, so we ALL deserve to not have basic missing content. Right? :s [/quote]

OK great, everyone is sad, disappointed, angry, etc.... BUT we ALL payed for guess what? we ALL PAYED for a game that was WITHOUT toddlers, now, everyone that bought this game should have known this either from reviews etc, or from playing it, there IS the great game guarantee that if you don't like the game you can return it and get a refund after 24hrs, so you could have easily returned it once you found out there was no toddlers.
    Am I disappointed? Yes, and would I like to have them in my game? Sure why not? But the thing is you bought a game that didn't have toddlers, YOU bought, no one forced you to do so and YOU made the choice to buy the game that didn't have toddlers or other "missing' content. Pools, great, ghosts too!
    While they did say there would be these things at the release, there wasn't. Did they lie? YEPP! Wait... no not really, they didn't have all the time needed to add it, so instead they just broke the "promise" and release the game without all the stuff. The game that you still bought even though it didn't have all these things like toddlers.

You've gotta weigh out the pros and cons. I did this, sure no toddlers, open world, CAStyle, and cars and all that are cons. But then there are the pros like the new push and pull CAS and easier game play, it works amazing on my Mac compared to the Sims 3. So yeah I went ahead and bought the game, just like you did.

It's like going to McD's and getting mad that the burger isn't like the picture. You know what you're getting and you don't deserve "missing content" or missing meat LOL

It wasn't a case of false advertising. They didn't advertise that the toddlers were in game and then after buying it you go hmm... they lied there are no toddlers. NOPE no NOPE!
    You knew there were no toddlers, you bought the game.
    Enough said. So why not instead of saying, we DESERVE this and we are ENTITLED to this and FREE this and FREE that, instead use friendly less obnoxious words like, I would LIKE, and we'd LOVE to see this, or I can't wait for, wouldn't it be AMZING if they did this?
    I never once said we DESERVE hair for aliens and we are ENTITLED to clothes for aliens, but instead I expressed my feelings and my desire for such features, it was included in today's patch.

[/quote]
    I agree with this.

You get what you pay for. It's not like EA did a bait and switch.

The game came without toddlers (as well as pools and ghosts, etc.). If you somehow didn't know that, you could've gotten a refund within 24 hrs of purchase. If the game didn't have a feature you felt it should have, then why not wait until if and when it was included to buy it? That's exactly what I did with Sim City - I felt strongly against the always online bit they released the game with, and chose not to buy, despite being a huge fan of the franchise

I personally never cared for toddlers - I found the stage tedious and I couldn't just "skip it" if I wanted the sim to "age up well." So it's not like having them has no effect on the gameplay of those who don't care for toddlers - it does. That said, I think they should be included since toddlers were in TS2 and 3, but beyond that I don't miss them and I like the TS4 children better than the children of earlier Sims games (I've been playing since TS1).

In any case, there seems to be a lot of entitlement on the board for a feature the game didn't ship with. It makes sense to share what could make the game better, but demanding toddlers after knowing the game didn't include it when you bought it seems a bit much IMO.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    You might think we're entitled to them if we own the base game, and that's fair, but the truth of the matter is ... it's too much work to just give away.

Toddlers (plus clothing, interactions, and other age specific gameplay unique to that age) will most likely be added in a generations style expansion.

We may get basic toddler content, like their inclusion in the aging cycle, and a handful of CAS bits, but the bulk of content developed will be packaged with an expansion and other features that go along with a generational pack.

I'm sorry we didn't get them today.
    But you kinda hyped yourself up over this. You kind of have yourself to blame for a portion of the disappointment.

EDIT: 1.) I didn't say you wouldn't get them in a patch.
    2.) I didn't say you would ONLY get them in an expansion.

I meant that they would come with a patch at the time of the expansion's release.

It will patch the game for both base game players AND expansion users.

I'm saying that the development resources available would be spent on an expansion that adds things both in an expansion AND the base game.

It's just too big to be a free monthly patch.
    They'd have to sell it as an expansion to the bean counters, and slide the basics of toddler features to us as a base game up date. Most of the good stuff would be in the expansion.

Also, I still feel that when a player assumes any update is Toddler oriented, they're setting themselves up for a let down.

EDIT 2: I'm not talking about file size. I was referring to development time and the amount of resources that would go into it.

Basically, we'll most likely have to wait for their development cycle to allow for it to coincide with an expansion. Then toddlers will be added, but a lot of the toddler assets will come in a generational expansion.

I actually agree with you -- if we're getting toddlers, we'll get basic toddlers (basic interactions, objects, clothes) in either a patch or free DLC pack (like we got the holiday stuff) right before the release of a Generations-type pack that will expand on toddler interactions as well as adding interactions for all the other age groups (maybe even adding pre-teen as an age group as well).

They're going to have to say something about toddlers soon -- either "We're working on them but it's taking longer than we expected to get them right", or "We've been working on them but we can't get them the way we want them with the current game engine." Just settle it once and for all, so people can move on. If people realize that the only way they'd be able to have toddlers would be to make them like baby objects tied to a playpen and unable to go out anywhere, maybe they'll decide that we're better off without toddlers instead.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Bringing them back in an Expansion would be a very bad and deadly decision. There will be Rage on the forums for days cause Nobody is going to want to pay to have a life stage put back in their game when it was there the last 2 games..I know I wouldn't pay for it. They just diggin that hole even deeper...
    giphy.gif

• Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @pezhead7 I agree with you that if we get toddlers at all, they won't be as animated as TS2 toddlers. IF we get them in a patch, it may well be a TS3 scenario until expansions (as may be discernable, I was not enamoured with TS3 toddlers).

That's how they'll probably orchestrate it: Patch them in, so it can be said we all get them for free (term used lightly as we did pay for the base game!). Then, charge for the substance that is the real 'standard' that everyone wanted from the base game.

I'm not sure where all this hype has come from either. I've been a busy of late and only looked at the official site sporadically, yet I never heard a murmur of toddlers. :/
    HSau :)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't get it myself... my daughter (grown) and I were both happy no toddlers. We like our games without them. I hope they don't add them in a patch or an EP. I know that isn't a popular opinion but it's ours. I like the way my generations flow now. In TS2 and TS3 I hated the time it took to deal with the toddler phase. It was disproportionate to the other ages for me. Yes, it was realistic, but I had my kids and they are all grown now. I don't want to spend all of my time getting my sims to change diapers and potty training.

I do however agree that it is more likely to come in an EP than a patch. You may get the age group and some very basic hairs/clothes/items in a patch, but the real content will be in a pack. That is just my opinion.

As for deserving and demanding toddlers. They weren't in the base game. If you purchased the base game as is, then you told EA that you were OK with no toddlers. You can say that you were vocal in telling them you expect toddlers later on, but actions speak far louder than words!

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want them back.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    staravia81 wrote: »
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Simsdx wrote: »
    Well who gives a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if it's too much work, the point is we ALL payed, so we ALL deserve to not have basic missing content. Right? :s

OK great, everyone is sad, disappointed, angry, etc.... BUT we ALL payed for guess what? we ALL PAYED for a game that was WITHOUT toddlers, now, everyone that bought this game should have known this either from reviews etc, or from playing it, there IS the great game guarantee that if you don't like the game you can return it and get a refund after 24hrs, so you could have easily returned it once you found out there was no toddlers.
    Am I disappointed? Yes, and would I like to have them in my game? Sure why not? But the thing is you bought a game that didn't have toddlers, YOU bought, no one forced you to do so and YOU made the choice to buy the game that didn't have toddlers or other "missing' content. Pools, great, ghosts too!
    While they did say there would be these things at the release, there wasn't. Did they lie? YEPP! Wait... no not really, they didn't have all the time needed to add it, so instead they just broke the "promise" and release the game without all the stuff. The game that you still bought even though it didn't have all these things like toddlers.

You've gotta weigh out the pros and cons. I did this, sure no toddlers, open world, CAStyle, and cars and all that are cons. But then there are the pros like the new push and pull CAS and easier game play, it works amazing on my Mac compared to the Sims 3. So yeah I went ahead and bought the game, just like you did.

It's like going to McD's and getting mad that the burger isn't like the picture. You know what you're getting and you don't deserve "missing content" or missing meat LOL

It wasn't a case of false advertising. They didn't advertise that the toddlers were in game and then after buying it you go hmm... they lied there are no toddlers. NOPE no NOPE!
    You knew there were no toddlers, you bought the game.
    Enough said. So why not instead of saying, we DESERVE this and we are ENTITLED to this and FREE this and FREE that, instead use friendly less obnoxious words like, I would LIKE, and we'd LOVE to see this, or I can't wait for, wouldn't it be AMZING if they did this?
    I never once said we DESERVE hair for aliens and we are ENTITLED to clothes for aliens, but instead I expressed my feelings and my desire for such features, it was included in today's patch.
    I agree with this.

You get what you pay for. It's not like EA did a bait and switch.

The game came without toddlers (as well as pools and ghosts, etc.). If you somehow didn't know that, you could've gotten a refund within 24 hrs of purchase. If the game didn't have a feature you felt it should have, then why not wait until if and when it was included to buy it? That's exactly what I did with Sim City - I felt strongly against the always online bit they released the game with, and chose not to buy, despite being a huge fan of the franchise

I personally never cared for toddlers - I found the stage tedious and I couldn't just "skip it" if I wanted the sim to "age up well." So it's not like having them has no effect on the gameplay of those who don't care for toddlers - it does. That said, I think they should be included since toddlers were in TS2 and 3, but beyond that I don't miss them and I like the TS4 children better than the children of earlier Sims games (I've been playing since TS1).

In any case, there seems to be a lot of entitlement on the board for a feature the game didn't ship with. It makes sense to share what could make the game better, but demanding toddlers after knowing the game didn't include it when you bought it seems a bit much IMO.

http://www.ibtimes.com/sims-4-producer-wants-players-keep-yelling-us-online-ea-listening-1702211 - This and the chat with Simguru Graham at the 2014 Gamescome as well - before the Sims 4 came out - led us to the belief the missing would be added - as they claimed they ran out of time.... So people bought on the false hope they instilled. Even when some people held off from buying until was in the game SimsGuru Ryan posted the above in the Sims 4 forum as well as did this interview - still indicating they were working on missing stuff. They tricked us because some of us were fool enough to not actually hear them mention the word toddlers - even though that was one of the top complaints outside of pools - and we did get pools - but yes we were foolish because the way it was put - we'd be getting these things as they could not stress enough how they were listening to us....

I will admit - I should have not bought the game at all - even though they indicated we would get these things - you're right they didn't say the word toddlers - but on the other hand why - if they are actually honest as you think - at least come out and say - sorry toddlers won't be coming. Sorry we mislead you into believing they were. So yes - I never would have paid a dime for the game and also bought the gp if I believed for a minute they were not forth coming. Look at any chat from both before the game release up through at least late October and you see how many times toddlers were brought up and how many time we were led on.

So no matter how you look at it - it was a deception on their part. Call it what you will - but at least I wised up and did not buy GTW even though I am a long time fan of Sims aliens - I won't spend another dime regardless of what they offer because for me toddlers are necessary - even if you can't agree with it. It is not as if I have not tried to like the game - I have invested a 100 bucks into it and I know I don't like it when I cannot play like I enjoy the game. It is easy to see - if you thought toddlers a burden - why you are delighted they are not in the game. Good for you! At least some people are happy.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

The person you're quoting never, by word or deed, said you should give up or move on, Reg.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Arletta wrote: »

The person you're quoting never, by word or deed, said you should give up or move on, Reg.

They quoted off the op and was actually above my post when I started writing - but never the less - maybe all of us unhappy with the game and feeling deceived should just give up then and leave the forums to those liking the game just the way it is - 8months is a long time to still feel deceived by promises of the missing could be added Guru posts anyway...

I didn't buy an ep for the first time ever - in my 16 years with Sims because of it - so maybe they are right - we can't love Sims 4 even though we love the Sims - so why waste anymore time...

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

They quoted off the op and was actually above my post when I started writing - but never the less - maybe all of us unhappy with the game and feeling deceived should just give up then and leave the forums to those liking the game just the way it is - 8months is a long time to still feel deceived by promises of the missing could be added Guru posts anyway...

I didn't buy an ep for the first time ever - in my 16 years with Sims because of it - so maybe they are right - we can't love Sims 4 even though we love the Sims - so why waste anymore time...

If that isn't what you want to do then of course you shouldn't give up. I feel you're setting yourself up for disappointment when every ambiguous tweet is taken as a "We're getting toddlers", which I can't do anything about. If I could change something I would, be it the ambiguous tweets, or the 8 months without word either way, or the disappointment that must hit with every patch.

Giving up or not is up to you.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    cassisass wrote: »
    Sims 2 had toddlers, Sims 3 had toddlers. Let's take a moment to realize that from playing The Sims 2 (as most of us have), they built The Sims 4 on that game, not 3. The Sims 3 doesn't run, it's horribly optimized, and here we are, apparently sacrificing open world, toddlers, and cars for better performance. Sorry, I've played Skyrim with better quality than Sims 3, this age is new, get your act together and make a game that runs well and lives up to a 15 year expectation for one of the best selling games.

Sorry but TS4 is not built from TS2, it is built from Olympus and TS3 did not fun badly for everyone and I am sick of seeing people put it down
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

A lot of people are leaving. I stay because I have friends here and I like talking about the sims even though I can't play 4. But more and more of the people I like to talk to are leaving. It's not the game that keeps me here, it's love of the franchise and having people to share it with. :/@Writin_Reg I really enjoy your posts and I'd miss them if you left, but I do understand how you're feeling. No sense in keeping up false hope and adding on unnecessary stress if there really is no hope. I'm getting to that point, too.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm disappointed we have no toddlers yet. I agree that some read too much into things and come to the conclusion of toddlers, so I never expect them to come without warning. But it is true that toddlers should have been included from the word go. I'm also disappointed that some wish for them to not return. What kind of a life simulator is that? If you don't want to play with toddlers, fine, but don't wish it away for those masses of players who would love to have them back. I fell in love with Sims 2 because of the cradle to grave aspect, and that included toddlers. To have them taken away in the fourth generation of the game is annoying. I'm glad they didn't 'shoe horn' them in, but I also don't think they will/should come in an EP. A life stage should be a free update, like ghosts and pools came. It should be integrated into the game, rather than added on through an expansion. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for them coming back, but am also prepared for buying all of the games in this series and getting to the end and they haven't added them. I love The Sims 4, but definitely miss toddlers and hope they bring them back at some point! :)

EDIT - I also realise there are differences between adding ghosts and pools and adding toddlers...
    Origin ID: zobosims