This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    For the people who want toddlers I have this to say. I hope I am wrong and that you get toddlers. BUT I do not believe toddlers are coming to Sims 4 and the reason EA has not said anything is because they want to string people along and keep them interested in Sims 4 until the end of it's lifespan before they say they aren't adding toddlers. They know if they say they aren't adding them now, many simmers will walk away from Sims 4.

Well, that would be just backwards. Because many people walked away a long time ago. And the ones still here are just about to go out the door. It would have been better (in my eyes) if they had solved this problem months ago, and then we could all discuss open world, open neighborhoods, a color wheel or the next EP and or bigger worlds with more vacant lots and ways to redecorate. They have let this fester to their detriment. Because a lot of those people won't buy now. They turned them off by this stringing them along.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    For the people who want toddlers I have this to say. I hope I am wrong and that you get toddlers. BUT I do not believe toddlers are coming to Sims 4 and the reason EA has not said anything is because they want to string people along and keep them interested in Sims 4 until the end of it's lifespan before they say they aren't adding toddlers. They know if they say they aren't adding them now, many simmers will walk away from Sims 4.

The people who want toddlers aren't going to hang around for the next 5 years waiting for them.

I bet you Sims 4 won't last 5 years like the previous Sims games.

With the way that things are going, I would be surprised if The Sims 4 lasts TWO years.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Did I miss something because everyone appears to have had this expectation of toddlers coming today? Also Avengers stuff would be awesome as it looks like EA may have a thing with Disney.
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member

The people who want toddlers aren't going to hang around for the next 5 years waiting for them.

I bet you Sims 4 won't last 5 years like the previous Sims games.

I bet it will ;)
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    If it is true, then EA/Maxis has not only done their customers a disservice, they have done themselves a disservice.

Personally, I will wait for the patch to become available and the patch notes to be posted before I make any kind of judgment.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    They just trollin!

Guys you need to stop getting your hopes up for toddlers every patch.
    Just try to enjoy the game.. Or don't and play something else until they do add what you want.

Very well said. In Germany we say: "Don't look into the mouth of a horse that you received as a gift." This is a patch, not an Expansion Pack. You can't expect to get everything for free. In the times of Sims 3, we had to pay 10 dollars for a chair.

That's a nice saying but... what am I going to do with a horse I can't ride?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    plum Fett - they posted a name that the forums does not allow - that is so lame
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Real advertisements in video games severely cheapen my experience with any such game.

Nothing kills immersion better than knowing the purpose of what you're looking at is to advertise something outside of the game.

Its like one of the cheesiest cheapest moves you can pull in a game, why don't you just add click banners to the UI while you're at it.

FFS, don't give them any ideas! lol
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    Patch is live!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    They just trollin!

Just try to enjoy the game.. Or don't and play something else until they do add what you want.

Very well said. In Germany we say: "Don't look into the mouth of a horse that you received as a gift." This is a patch, not an Expansion Pack. You can't expect to get everything for free. In the times of Sims 3, we had to pay 10 dollars for a chair.

I fear the old Germans ate the horse o:) .

• Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Patch is 126 mb 0_0
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2015
    This patch better have some major bug fixes and big improvements otherwise I am so done. It's ridiculous that 8 months later we still have no news on something that should've been in the base game since day one. 8 months later and the game is still lacking basic things like dishwashers or a d*mn repairman. Instead, they are wasting time creating gnomes and pointless costumes. Who needs priorities, right?

EDIT: Read the patch notes. Not impressed.
    Post edited by PinkJellyBeans on
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

Agreed, I worry a little about how worked up some people have gotten over this.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    I really hope there's a family tree/culling fix
    What was SimGuruDaniel talking about with this tweet?
    qy7f3t.png

No he said it's something new....

No he said "redesigning" things.. meaning he's remaking something

He is redesigning something new that hasn't been put into the game yet.

How do you redesign something that isn't in the game yet?

ETA: How can you redesign something that doesn't exist? Unless it was and left over from Olympus? It doesn't make sense.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    qy7f3t.png

He clarified it later and said it's something new not yet in game. I can go find the tweet but whem I'm back to my Pc... I'm plotting some fun for star wars
  • Options
    They just trollin!

In the US the saying is "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/don't_look_a_gift_horse_in_the_mouth
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    Haven't read through the whole thread yet and I may not if it's more of the same.

One thing being overlooked (if someone else hasn't caught it yet), this whole thread is based on ONE short article based on SECOND HAND information. Where are the patch notes? Has anyone downloaded the patch yet? No? Then why not wait for those two things before jumping off the deep end. :)

It is possible that the SW costumes were mentioned as a joke yet taken seriously.

Right? It's Got to be a Joke. O.o
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Did I miss something because everyone appears to have had this expectation of toddlers coming today? Also Avengers stuff would be awesome as it looks like EA may have a thing with Disney.

I didn't expect toddlers but I also didn't expect them to use this game as a doormat a second time for advertising another game they wish you would pay for 2.5 years in advance.

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Want to know about the most recent updates to The Sims 4? Keep checking back for the latest patch notes!

Update: 05/04/2015 – PC Version 1.6.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.6.69.1220

Hey Simmers,

It’s May, and we’ve got a bag full of fixes… wait that’s more of a December reference. I’ve got a shower of fixes for… that’s April.

May is Autumn and Spring (depending on where you live). It’s the beginning of the end of another school year. It’s the end of an egg-citing challenge. It’s May the 4th be with you! And it’s when we have a whole bunch of updates to share with you in this release!

I’m really sorry about the egg pun. It’s best if we both could just forget it ever happened and move along…

What’s on the New side of things? ...
    Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

(Edited cause patch notes were too long, click the link to read more)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    As a huge Star Wars fan I'm pretty excited.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Real advertisements in video games severely cheapen my experience with any such game.

Nothing kills immersion better than knowing the purpose of what you're looking at is to advertise something outside of the game.

Its like one of the cheesiest cheapest moves you can pull in a game, why don't you just add click banners to the UI while you're at it.

I feel the same!
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Same...
    qy7f3t.png

He is redesigning something new that hasn't been put into the game yet.

How do you redesign something that isn't in the game yet?

ETA: How can you redesign something that doesn't exist? Unless it was and left over from Olympus? It doesn't make sense.

Whatever it is, they were already working on it and something must have gone wrong with the design so they have to redesign it.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    And this is Rachel Franklin's definition of "fun"?
    GzjOnnY.gif

Disappointing once again.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread yet and I may not if it's more of the same.

One thing being overlooked (if someone else hasn't caught it yet), this whole thread is based on ONE short article based on SECOND HAND information. Where are the patch notes? Has anyone downloaded the patch yet? No? Then why not wait for those two things before jumping off the deep end. :)

It is possible that the SW costumes were mentioned as a joke yet taken seriously.

Right? It's Got to be a Joke. O.o

Anything is possible.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.