This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    They just trollin!

Guys you need to stop getting your hopes up for toddlers every patch.
    Just try to enjoy the game.. Or don't and play something else until they do add what you want.
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited May 2015
    Haven't read through the whole thread yet and I may not if it's more of the same.

One thing being overlooked (if someone else hasn't caught it yet), this whole thread is based on ONE short article based on SECOND HAND information. Where are the patch notes? Has anyone downloaded the patch yet? No? Then why not wait for those two things before jumping off the deep end. :)

It is possible that the SW costumes were mentioned as a joke yet taken seriously.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    I really hope there's a family tree/culling fix
    What was SimGuruDaniel talking about with this tweet?
    qy7f3t.png

No he said it's something new....
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe EA gets a kick back for promoting Star Wars for Disney? :D:D:D
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    lynnjannalynnjanna Posts: 61 Member
    i wasn't expecting toddlers. i'd honestly just prefer bug fixes than new ugly outfits almost no one is ever going to use.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    For the people who want toddlers I have this to say. I hope I am wrong and that you get toddlers. BUT I do not believe toddlers are coming to Sims 4 and the reason EA has not said anything is because they want to string people along and keep them interested in Sims 4 until the end of it's lifespan before they say they aren't adding toddlers. They know if they say they aren't adding them now, many simmers will walk away from Sims 4.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    we have shelves that we can't put anything on , cash registers that don't ring up customers but what gets added to the game? some CAS clutter that will never be used. Star wars costumes? I just don't get it , and i just don't want it.

90% of the game doesn't even work properly but EA's like "DERP we need to give them Star wars costumes! That will make them give us more moneys"
    No it won't! it will make more people shove your star wars costumes up EA's A## dumpster and leave the company to die.

Well, Bon, we have to be fair here. Maybe this patch will magically fix all of the bugs, even the broken emotion system. And than you will be sorry for doubting them...

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2015
    Not a fan of Star Wars and i hope there is REALLY good fixes on the patch... :(
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    qy7f3t.png

No he said "redesigning" things.. meaning he's remaking something
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    They just trollin!

Just try to enjoy the game.. Or don't and play something else until they do add what you want.
    ^^This, but it won't happen
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Dishwasher was a small hope.. but more star wars costumes, cool. May the 4th be with you all.

may-the-fourth-4th-be-with-you-memes-gifs-star-wars-day-18.gif?w=500
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread yet and I may not if it's more of the same.

One thing being overlooked (if someone else hasn't caught it yet), this whole thread is based on ONE short article based on SECOND HAND information. Where are the patch notes? Has anyone downloaded the patch yet? No? Then why not wait for those two things before jumping off the deep end. :)

It is possible that the SW costumes were mentioned as a joke yet taken seriously.

Anytime SimsVIP post something like this then it's official. EA gives them the green light to post away all the ads, pictures etc. they give them. I would rather know about the patch notes myself. Why EA didn't let them spill those beans, I don't know. I need several OFB fixes. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »
    For the people who want toddlers I have this to say. I hope I am wrong and that you get toddlers. BUT I do not believe toddlers are coming to Sims 4 and the reason EA has not said anything is because they want to string people along and keep them interested in Sims 4 until the end of it's lifespan before they say they aren't adding toddlers. They know if they say they aren't adding them now, many simmers will walk away from Sims 4.

The people who want toddlers aren't going to hang around for the next 5 years waiting for them.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited May 2015
    Is this a joke??? This is neither fun or exciting. They put up bat gnomes on Twitter at the beginning of a weekend for this crap? I really wasn't expecting toddlers but, given the excitement of the gurus and the early gnoming I was expecting SOME sort of gameplay content.

And seriously what the heck is their freaking obsession with Star Wars??? This is a sims game. I mean I'm sure there are many Star Wars fans who play the sims, but, that's certainly not the focus of the game and I doubt it's something that most of the community gives two rats about. If I was that into Star Wars if go play.... You know a Star Wars game to get my fix.

I don't need more crap in my game I'm never going to use. This was not.a patch that deserved Twitter bat gnomes. This is a bug fix patch that they just could have rolled out without all the suspense building.
    Post edited by Alysha1988 on
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Same...
    qy7f3t.png

No he said "redesigning" things.. meaning he's remaking something

He is redesigning something new that hasn't been put into the game yet.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm just really sorry for the moddlers and artists that worked on these, they seem to look good in the game...but...their boss obviously doesn't get that we need them to spend their time and effort on something we actually need...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe EA gets a kick back for promoting Star Wars for Disney? :D:D:D

EA is making Star Wars with Disney, so it's more like someone said, a way to advertise long before the game arrives. Hurry up and preorder is about right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    They just trollin!

Very well said. In Germany we say: "Don't look into the mouth of a horse that you received as a gift." This is a patch, not an Expansion Pack. You can't expect to get everything for free. In the times of Sims 3, we had to pay 10 dollars for a chair.

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Anytime SimsVIP post something like this then it's official. EA gives them the green light to post away all the ads, pictures etc. they give them. I would rather know about the patch notes myself. Why EA didn't let them spill those beans, I don't know. I need several OFB fixes. lol

In all the years SimsVIP has been around they've never had to retract anything? I find that hard to believe.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »

The people who want toddlers aren't going to hang around for the next 5 years waiting for them.

I bet you Sims 4 won't last 5 years like the previous Sims games.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

No @WolfEyes it's unfortunately true. >__> I feel like a d0uche bag being so sure of myself saying the SW costume additions were a lie.
    Sorry who ever posted that. : /
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ok.

Enough with the costumes. Unless we are getting a costume party event or something, please .... enough.

I don't have my sims wear them, I don't like them in my game. I am not a Star Wars fan and might be the only person on the earth who isn't ... but I don't care. If you are going to add costumes, why not add ones that are not themed specific. What is it with Star Wars?

We have one already, if you buy the deluxe edition you get the option to do that event :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I must say I do enjoy the festiveness of the patch.

It could just be a patch filled with awesome fixes and improvements, but they are adding a little extra for the 4th.
    So i'm not complaining. Free is free.

The community just tried making too much out of what the Gurus were hinting.
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    MorpetMorpet Posts: 16 Member
    I was hoping for something a little bigger in terms of content but hey, I don't need to use them. Saying that, I might have a little Star Wars party in my game tonight just to mark the fourth. :)