The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Better start making that Star Wars Cantina Bar now.

288yzy0.jpg

OMG is that all real? Love it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Is that really all that's in there??? See I have to stop reading discussions about patches and what might be in there for my hopes to be shattered into little itty bitty microscopic pieces. :|
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    I like Star Wars and all, but I never use the costumes. I have no reason to. Not really my thing. I do hope the patch does some good and fixes some of the bugs in the game, but you know, wishful thinking.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    Funny thing is, i live Star Wars. I even play some Star Wars games. But i don't need ANY of it in my sims game (ok, ok. I used the Yoda outfit to hide a particularly ugly child of my sims under it).
    Exactly how I feel. I am a SW fan, and I have never used a SW costume in game, and I won't be using the new ones either. For starters they are butt u g l y.
    I'd love a Yoda gnome though, as someone mentioned. At least that would have been cute.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sul Sul!

We’re releasing a patch today that includes some cool Star Wars goodness!

The free Update will include three new costumes to celebrate May 4th: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Jedi Master Aayla Secura. The costumes look really cool, and we think you’ll love them.

There’s a lot more to the patch than those costumes. This patch has a ton of bug fixes and improvements. The full patch notes will be posted on the forums soon, so you’ll be able to get the full run-down there.

May the Fourth Be With You!
    -The Sims Team
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited May 2015
    Aine wrote: »
    Sunirose wrote: »
    Can someone who has leverage with EA ask for a costume hider to be added to CAS please?
    If they won't I'm sure a modder can help.

Theres a mod on MTS that removes the star wars costumes or simply hides them. It'll probably get updated after today patch with the additional costumes.

OP: I already knew not to expect anything anymore. Unless I see a trailer or a teaser for something big and upcoming then I won't consider any surprises from EA to be big enough like toddlers or GP 2 or EP2.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    > @OnMyMiNd04 said:
    > Happy for everyone that loves Star Wars... but it's not my thing
    >
    > I cannot wait to see the list of bug improvements though.

Indeed!
    I am verry curious about the 'ton' of bug fixes and improvements! :D

They are improving the bugs? That should be interesting....(lol)

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    we have shelves that we can't put anything on , cash registers that don't ring up customers but what gets added to the game? some CAS clutter that will never be used. Star wars costumes? I just don't get it , and i just don't want it.

90% of the game doesn't even work properly but EA's like "DERP we need to give them Star wars costumes! That will make them give us more moneys"
    No it won't! it will make more people shove your star wars costumes up EA's A## dumpster and leave the company to die.
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    The fact that a patch for bugfixes is hyped and teased by the developers, really makes me worry for the future of this game.

They LITERALLY had a combined total of what? 3... 4 tweets? And this is more than bug fixes.
    The community set itself up with unrealistic expectations and is now collectively toppling.

But I'm out for now. If people wanna be in a frenzy... I genuinely hope that this rioting is cathartic.

And Yes, it IS quite cathartic actually. :P

That's what I like to hear ;)
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    A Star Wars gamepack adding Tatooine and more stuff in December would be really cool, tbh

I think a bar with the Cantina band going constantly would be awesome... and Star Wars toys, for my nerd sims to sell at his comic book store. Also, where's Chewie?!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,455 Member
    Toddlers will come in a patch, but only just before the release of a new Generations EP. This issue is much too big to be thrown away in an ordinary bugfix patch in the middle of nowhere. Simmers shouldn't waste their time with fruitless hopes ...
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Star wars garb to advertise the star wars game they want you to pre-order 2+ years in advance.... lol.
    You know what? I'm fine! If EA is making it I'm sure the lightsaber will glitch into your character causing an insta kill, then they'll remove the lightsabers and replace them with rubber ducks. After that they'll patch a soccer ball into the game and turn it into Fifa 2017 :/

Still though, taking "pre-orders" for a game 2.5 years in advance is on the level of Steam's notoriously bad early access games.

Its a new level of outlandish even for EA.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    we have shelves that we can't put anything on , cash registers that don't ring up customers but what gets added to the game? some CAS clutter that will never be used. Star wars costumes? I just don't get it , and i just don't want it.

90% of the game doesn't even work properly but EA's like "DERP we need to give them Star wars costumes! That will make them give us more moneys"
    No it won't! it will make more people shove your star wars costumes up EA's A## dumpster and leave the company to die.

Maxis: "YOLO let's give them Star Wars costumes unstead of toddlers and other features that they need"
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    Wow I'm so getting bored when they said something fun was coming I was so hoping for more things to do. Like more places to explore or more skills or skill objects or something to do or even if they wanted to give us more clothes that would be great like normal clothes my sim might actually wear that is whats with the costumes. I'm totally into fantasy and I love being the supernatural character can't wait for vampires or fairies to come back but not in the mood to throw on costumes especially star wars. :'(
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Guys isn't it obvious! If there is something we want in this game we obviously have to ask for something that has no relevance to that thing.

You want toddlers? Ask EA for some new Harry Potter costumes! That will get them the message!

OMG, lol!! That was so flippin' funny
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    The original SW trilogy is my favorite film(s) of EVAR but ugh. Star Wars costumes for my sims do not excite me at all. Ready to see the patch notes now.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    WhimsyMoonWhimsyMoon Posts: 120 Member
    Fun? I guess fun just doesn't mean what I thought it did.....
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    Hey, EA, I know this franchise is not owned by Disney, but can you make The Fast and The Furious (series) costumes? :lol:
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    The more I can't think this game can suck they bring patches like this out. I don't want any more Starwars. I think a lot of us just want this game to start feeling like a Sims game and not some cheap knock off with crappy Starwars costumes.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    If all they are adding is CAS clothing I would really, really prefer they spend that time and effort on something people will actually use instead of ridiculous Star Wars costumes. What a monumental waste of resources.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Star Wars.... wait WHAT!
    giphy.gif
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    I really hope there's a family tree/culling fix
    What was SimGuruDaniel talking about with this tweet?
    qy7f3t.png