Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    @knazzer

He's especially not funny after he did THIS:
    c68e5a46199e6917cb955a8163cb859e165ea492bbd5744f9643b9fde1f0eb11.jpg

On topic: I do agree with the original poster, though. :\
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Better start making that Star Wars Cantina Bar now.

288yzy0.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    *watches quietly from a distance while playing Sims 3* :mrgreen:

Shh don't remind them, they might start patching Star wars clothes into Sims 3... because it's soo much fun!
    Weeee! my sims are dressed in stupid clothes, this is great! Yay!
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I'm a little bit disappointed as I'm not a Star Wars fan but...

It is a free patch we can't really complain.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Star wars garb to advertise the star wars game they want you to pre-order 2+ years in advance.... lol.
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »

288yzy0.jpg

Looks like the perfect place to start an accidental fire <.<
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    http://www.wired.com/2013/05/electronic-arts-star-wars/

I am surprised any of you are surprised. Disney and EA are all about all things Star Wars - really why did you think Aliens was the first EP and why do you suppose the other Star Wars costumes were made for Sims too - yet you are still surprised there is more Star Wars ? Don't any of you ever read any news? I mean Disney got rid of Lucas Arts and handed exclusive rights to EA - the one partnership so many studios was hoping to get EA got over a year ago - and anyone is surprised when they keep tossing Star wars related stuff at the Sims instead of any of the things we actually want - because first off a partner as big as Disney - well don't be surprised when the next things we get are Mouse ears and a Disneyland Vacation - or space adventure.... Of course there is no toddlers - no toddlers in Star Wars either - just kids and babies... How much you want to bet we end up with robots instead of servo's that look like the Star Wars robots - easy enough to do with R2 D2 the size of a Sims kid and the other one (C3po I believe it's called - I forget exactly) the size of the teens- elders.... Yep - this is going to be Sims 4 - the Star Wars edition....

So who do you get mad at the Dev's making the Suits day? Yeah, like that is going to get us somewhere.... We are simply advertisement for EA and Disney venture into their coming Star Wars block buster - with EA having the exclusive contract - it should have rang a bell or two when we get a rocket ship in the base game - with a separate Astronaut career... then the first ep masquerades as careers - wrapped tightly around aliens and Sixam... Believe me by the time the first in the coming epic series of Star Wars starts coming out I have feeling we will already feel like we are playing a Star wars game... first creature -Wookies -

No wonder there is no roads we will probably get jet packs and those star wars motorcycles instead... Teleport every where .Let the force be with you!!! Rightttttttt.

Very insightful post. Personally, i'm learning for the first time in this thread about a contract between disney and ea. And that's a little disappointing to say the least. If maybe the focus was on something else like a theme park, but star wars? How utterly boring! Sigh.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    The fact that a patch for bugfixes is hyped and teased by the developers, really makes me worry for the future of this game.

They LITERALLY had a combined total of what? 3... 4 tweets? And this is more than bug fixes.
    The community set itself up with unrealistic expectations and is now collectively toppling.

But I'm out for now. If people wanna be in a frenzy... I genuinely hope that this rioting is cathartic.
    Considering how little we actually get from the simgurus, ofcourse we're gonna examine any tiny slice we get until there's nothing left.

And Yes, it IS quite cathartic actually. :P
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Blaah.
    I would have definitely taken more gnomes over more star wars stuff. It was cool the first time. They should have saved the costumes they released earlier on and just put them all in a may 4th patch. Clearly someone over there must really like the star wars franchise..

Anyway, yay bug fixes!
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

288yzy0.jpg

Dang...
    tz5gk.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @rudy8292, I'm not saying we don't need those things. But the level of hype people had worked themselves into since Friday was well on the way to leaving the galaxy. Me, I was just interested to see that there seemed to be more than bug fixes (which we'd already been told about in part). What more there is other than costumes we won't know till we see what the "improvements" part is in the patch notes.

Not getting into a long discussion about toddlers and how software development works and all that. There are THOUSANDS of those here already, particularly about toddlers. I don't even want to ever type the word again, personally.

I feel like this can't be repeated often enough. All of it. :)
    This forum sets themselves up for disappointment sometimes. (I doubt they will add toddlers in an update - its probably going to be in an EP due to how important it is.)
    I'm not a fan of Star Wars but nice little update to mess around with.
    To those saying this is a waste of time for the team to work on - it's only a tiny number probably 2 to 5 people at max working on the Star Wars stuff. Just because they did this doesn't mean they aren't working on other EPs or gamepacks. Its just a little something fun to give people. (Keep in mind they don't HAVE to give us items, clothing, or whatever in patches - they do this because they want to.)

Those 2-5 people could be working on other assets that aren't completely useless. Am I supposed to dress my sims in Star Wars costumes? No, that's not how I play my game. I haven't used the ones we got last October and I doubt I will use these. As I said, the management needs to actually get on these forums and see what players are wanting. So far they have yet to hit a home run.

Great. That's not how you play the game. It's not how a bunch of people play the game. Someone just made a poll in another thread about toddlers, and about 35% had no interest in them. They probably shouldn't focus on that either, by your logic.

My logic? My logic would be they deliver a solid gaming experience and leave the unnecessary content as an option DLC. We don't have either of those in The Sims 4, so before you get snippy on an Internet forum please look at what players are wanting and what players are actually getting.

You have NO IDEA what's coming in this patch yet, aside from a few costumes that I can guarantee will be fun for some. And this is optional DLC. I'm willing to bet that once it's released, you're never going to touch it... it's going to have no impact on how you play (or probably, don't play). I think someone would have to be willfully ignorant to not be able to see what players are wanting, but ANYONE who thought something like toddlers was coming in this patch, without warning or advertisement of any kind, has no ability to keep their expectations grounded in reality....

This is not optional DLC; to run the game you must be up to date on patches. Will this affect my game? No, but It's more than annoying to see useless content be added where existing content could be expanded upon. There are still several objects in the game across build and buy modes that are lacking in a decent amount of color options. To me that would be more beneficial to the game then 3 costumes.

I'm not going as far as to say the developers are ignorant, but they clearly have priorities that come before what players want. I never expected toddlers, I believe we discussed this on another thread. I just don't see the point of the team trying to promote content that changes nothing about the game. Does the patch have potential to add something else? Yea, but the studios track record will tell you that this isn't the first rodeo where they have hyped up something that didn't live up. I agree the toddler hype was unfounded, but staying silent on that while hyping up useless costumes does not do anything to calm the players who clearly want them.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited May 2015
    A patch should be a patch, the Free Content should be optional download content.

I don't want it but I have to have it if I ever have to install the game- there's the rub. Options, EA, Game play Options. Interesting_zpseny8ioku.png

*If it was shared Game Engine stuff like basements so they can keep the Gallery share working, then fine. This isn't that at all. -imo
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Star wars garb to advertise the star wars game they want you to pre-order 2+ years in advance.... lol.
    You know what? I'm fine! If EA is making it I'm sure the lightsaber will glitch into your character causing an insta kill, then they'll remove the lightsabers and replace them with rubber ducks. After that they'll patch a soccer ball into the game and turn it into Fifa 2017 :/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »

Actually I can. It would be nice if they started to separate content patches from normal ones. Or I will continue to demand a trash can in CAS to get rid of some hats we got but I don't want everyone in town wearing one. It's funny once. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »

Well, we can, but there are more logical things to put our efforts to. Free doesn't cost us anything except our frustration, if we let it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Can someone who has leverage with EA ask for a costume hider to be added to CAS please?
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited May 2015
    What makes it even better is the purpose of the star wars stuff is to advertise their next star wars game that they want you to pre-order 2+ years in advance...lol.

"Here's these star wars costumes to remind you that you could pay us today for a game we intend to release 2.5 years from now."
  • Options
    HeidelbeermarmeladeHeidelbeermarmelade Posts: 161 Member
    In fact I like Star Wars and therefore I'm not against new costumes. To me it was clear that the patch would probably contain some Star Wars related stuff due to the fact that today is May the 4th. You don't really expected toddlers for free, aren't you? A patch that contain bug fixes is a good patch to me - costumes and other free content are a bonus.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

288yzy0.jpg

Thinking about money, just like Maxis. Can't see myself using anything in that picture. I wish I was a Star Wars fan, maybe then I could be excited.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Sunirose wrote: »
    Can someone who has leverage with EA ask for a costume hider to be added to CAS please?
    If they won't I'm sure a modder can help.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    Stars Wars costumes.

Do I play Star Wars? No.
    Do I care about Star Wars? No.
    Do I want to play a game about Star Wars? No.

So why the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has this patch got a main focus around Star Wars?

Wonder how much the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 deal with Disney has been to keep adding Star Wars 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to this game.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited May 2015
    Funny thing is, i love Star Wars. I even play some Star Wars games. But i don't need ANY of it in my sims game (ok, ok. I used the Yoda outfit to hide a particularly ugly child of my sims under it).