Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    The fact that a patch for bugfixes is hyped and teased by the developers, really makes me worry for the future of this game.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Even Darth Vader's being dramatic!

Darth_vader_no.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sul Sul!

We’re releasing a patch today that includes some cool Star Wars goodness!

The free Update will include three new costumes to celebrate May 4th: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Jedi Master Aayla Secura. The costumes look really cool, and we think you’ll love them.

There’s a lot more to the patch than those costumes. This patch has a ton of bug fixes and improvements. The full patch notes will be posted on the forums soon, so you’ll be able to get the full run-down there.

May the Fourth Be With You!
    -The Sims Team

www.simsvip.com

R U 4 REAL?

I can't even....what the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are they doing with this game???
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    The ONLY funny thing here is that Disney thought that people would feel love towards Star Wars if EA shoved costumes down our throats in a SIMS game. I think people feel alot less inclined to consume Star wars items right now. I do, and I am a SW fan and everything.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    This is a joke guys.
    They haven't released the patch content yet. We're getting a new town setup feature. I feel it.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Mickey mouse patiently waiting for Sims to become Star wars simulator
    mickey_mouse_by_fiona8768-d4w0bg9.jpg
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    I guess that's cool, but how does it keep me from falling asleep while playing?

You can sleep... with style! :lol:
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    This is a joke guys.
    They haven't released the patch content yet. We're getting a new town setup feature. I feel it.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. This message came from a fan site that is an EA contact. It's legit. The only thing we don't know are what fixes and improvements are coming with the patch.
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    @rudy8292, I'm not saying we don't need those things. But the level of hype people had worked themselves into since Friday was well on the way to leaving the galaxy. Me, I was just interested to see that there seemed to be more than bug fixes (which we'd already been told about in part). What more there is other than costumes we won't know till we see what the "improvements" part is in the patch notes.

Not getting into a long discussion about toddlers and how software development works and all that. There are THOUSANDS of those here already, particularly about toddlers. I don't even want to ever type the word again, personally.

I feel like this can't be repeated often enough. All of it. :)
    This forum sets themselves up for disappointment sometimes. (I doubt they will add toddlers in an update - its probably going to be in an EP due to how important it is.)
    I'm not a fan of Star Wars but nice little update to mess around with.
    To those saying this is a waste of time for the team to work on - it's only a tiny number probably 2 to 5 people at max working on the Star Wars stuff. Just because they did this doesn't mean they aren't working on other EPs or gamepacks. Its just a little something fun to give people. (Keep in mind they don't HAVE to give us items, clothing, or whatever in patches - they do this because they want to.)

Those 2-5 people could be working on other assets that aren't completely useless. Am I supposed to dress my sims in Star Wars costumes? No, that's not how I play my game. I haven't used the ones we got last October and I doubt I will use these. As I said, the management needs to actually get on these forums and see what players are wanting. So far they have yet to hit a home run.

Great. That's not how you play the game. It's not how a bunch of people play the game. Someone just made a poll in another thread about toddlers, and about 35% had no interest in them. They probably shouldn't focus on that either, by your logic.

My logic? My logic would be they deliver a solid gaming experience and leave the unnecessary content as an option DLC. We don't have either of those in The Sims 4, so before you get snippy on an Internet forum please look at what players are wanting and what players are actually getting.

You have NO IDEA what's coming in this patch yet, aside from a few costumes that I can guarantee will be fun for some. And this is optional DLC. I'm willing to bet that once it's released, you're never going to touch it... it's going to have no impact on how you play (or probably, don't play). I think someone would have to be willfully ignorant to not be able to see what players are wanting, but ANYONE who thought something like toddlers was coming in this patch, without warning or advertisement of any kind, has no ability to keep their expectations grounded in reality....
  • Options
    This is a joke guys.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. This message came from a fan site that is an EA contact. It's legit. The only thing we don't know are what fixes and improvements are coming with the patch.

Didn't they say they are trying to redo something in game? (guessing sorting out retail issues)
  • Options
    BraindeadZ0mbieBraindeadZ0mbie Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2015
    They won't get MY eggs for this lousy update !

Come on Maxis, you can do better than this ... can you ?

Let's protest everybody ! (mmmkay some of us) by changing our avatars to something REALLY funny and refuse to update until they give us something useful !

STAR WARS COSTUMES ARE NOT FUNNY !!
    Post edited by BraindeadZ0mbie on
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    This is a joke guys.

It's not a joke, it's official.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Is R2-D2 a toddler?

I know you are just joking, but that would be ADORABLE!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited May 2015
    knazzer wrote: »
    This is a joke guys.

Didn't they say they are trying to redo something in game? (guessing sorting out retail issues)

It was a new feature not yet in game, Daniel clarified.
    Probably making lightsabers.... that are decor -_-
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    This is a joke guys.

Well they're lying.
    We're NOT getting Star Wars costumes. You all can hate me if I'm wrong. But I have a good intuition on these things. We're getting something to do with our town setup. I just know it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    They could have fixed the buggy male hair or do toddler clothes...but unstead they spend time modeling star war costumes.... *cries*
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

STAR WARS COSTUMES ARE NOT FUNNY !!

Unless it's Jar Jar Binks :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    I'm getting some good giggles from some posts.

I know when I play this game again I'll be having a nice, big Bonfire of Star Warz... hopefully things will burn. ;)
  • Options
    MylantaMylanta Posts: 12 New Member
    I just purchased the Sims 4 last month when it was on sale. You know I bought every SP and EP downloaded and tweaked all the sc for the Sims 3 because I loved the open world, more realistic, family oriented gaming style. and it is even fun to read peoples stories and see their creativity.

But I bought Sims 4 thinking, it cant be that bad! Sure, with all the cut screens and no open world maybe it does feel like Sims 2.5, but it will get better. Sure it looks "cartoon-y", but give the cc developers time, and it will be almost as good as 3 with better response time. But no, it looks like it is always going to be a piece of separation software. one of those where people that played 3 will always say..."Remember when..."

With the way the game looks and feels, EA shouldn't be giving us Star Wars clothing, we should be getting all things Thunderbirds (the original marionette one) or maybe add the walk for the "Team America signal of distress".

Just my $0.02 worth, your actual mileage may vary.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Star Wars costumes may not be funny but they are cool (IMO)

and it's a free update. You may not like it and that's fine if you don't. but you're not spending extra money at least.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    The fact that a patch for bugfixes is hyped and teased by the developers, really makes me worry for the future of this game.

They LITERALLY had a combined total of what? 3... 4 tweets? And this is more than bug fixes.
    The community set itself up with unrealistic expectations and is now collectively toppling.

But I'm out for now. If people wanna be in a frenzy... I genuinely hope that this rioting is cathartic.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    *watches quietly from a distance while playing Sims 3* :mrgreen:
    oh3cjs.jpg