Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Why the plum did Rachel Facebook Franklin call it fun? what is fun aboyt star wars costumes? Please enlighten me.

For your stories, Bon. You know you want to create a Star Wars story, don't you? They have to do this, it's in the Disney contract.

ETA: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-and-disney-team-up-on-new-star-wars-games

Maybe she shouldn't have called it fun then. Maybe said she couldn't wait for the 4th or something but not fun!
    I'm aware of their contract
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Well, thank heavens Zerbu had mercy on us and released his mod yesterday, or I'd be really depressed right now. Meh, I say EA, MEH!

Lets hope the EA fixes dont mess with his or others mods too much
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited May 2015
    I love the avengers but do i want them in my game noooooo

This only mean that when the next movie is out we are going to be forced to have a world from star wars why idont know ask the contract
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

This only mean that when the next movie is out we are going to be forced to have a world from star wars why idont know ask the contract
    noooooooooo i want avengers costume in my game, i want a ironman costume now!!!!! marvel also is part of disney then we need marvel now!!!!!.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why the plum did Rachel Facebook Franklin call it fun? what is fun aboyt star wars costumes? Please enlighten me.

For your stories, Bon. You know you want to create a Star Wars story, don't you? They have to do this, it's in the Disney contract.

ETA: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-and-disney-team-up-on-new-star-wars-games

Maybe she shouldn't have called it fun then. Maybe said she couldn't wait for the 4th or something but not fun!
    I'm aware of their contract

they have already created a game for thatstarwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    @rudy8292, I'm not saying we don't need those things. But the level of hype people had worked themselves into since Friday was well on the way to leaving the galaxy. Me, I was just interested to see that there seemed to be more than bug fixes (which we'd already been told about in part). What more there is other than costumes we won't know till we see what the "improvements" part is in the patch notes.

Not getting into a long discussion about toddlers and how software development works and all that. There are THOUSANDS of those here already, particularly about toddlers. I don't even want to ever type the word again, personally.

I feel like this can't be repeated often enough. All of it. :)
    This forum sets themselves up for disappointment sometimes. (I doubt they will add toddlers in an update - its probably going to be in an EP due to how important it is.)
    I'm not a fan of Star Wars but nice little update to mess around with.
    To those saying this is a waste of time for the team to work on - it's only a tiny number probably 2 to 5 people at max working on the Star Wars stuff. Just because they did this doesn't mean they aren't working on other EPs or gamepacks. Its just a little something fun to give people. (Keep in mind they don't HAVE to give us items, clothing, or whatever in patches - they do this because they want to.)

Those 2-5 people could be working on other assets that aren't completely useless. Am I supposed to dress my sims in Star Wars costumes? No, that's not how I play my game. I haven't used the ones we got last October and I doubt I will use these. As I said, the management needs to actually get on these forums and see what players are wanting. So far they have yet to hit a home run.

Great. That's not how you play the game. It's not how a bunch of people play the game. Someone just made a poll in another thread about toddlers, and about 35% had no interest in them. They probably shouldn't focus on that either, by your logic.

I've personally had a sim running around in sith robes for months, and depending on how the bobba fett one is handled... might use that too. And I don't care about Star Wars at all. :P This isn't what I hoped the update was, but we don't know the improvements yet. Locked doors are still totally a possibility. All kinds of QoL updates are.

Anyone who thought anything major was coming in an unhyped patch was deluding themselves. We knew about pools and basements for WEEKS prior. And no, two weekend tweets is not the definition of building extreme hype :P
  • Options
    love32623love32623 Posts: 11 New Member
    Not in to star wars, but super excited to find out about the rest of the fixes!
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Hopefully fix the customer and employee issues.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm going to have so much fun dressing sims up in Star Wars costumes and "accidentally" placing them in a burning house. I mean, uh, may the fourth be with you!

You stole my idea! I was just about to go celebrate in game...
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member

I'd actually be over the moon to have the avengers costumes in game. :P Captain America, every sim from now on. :P
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I knew it was going to be something L A M E !!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member

For me, I read the first part of this post and I'm like "This would be SO COOL!". Haha. it's funny how different people would react to different ideas.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    From the moment someone mentioned May The Fourth and a possible Star Wars Update in one of the twitter bat gnome threads, i immediately left the train stop for the hype train (i was not on it at that time, thank plumbob!). It seemed ridiculous, but at the same time so much more likely than toddlers. It's so sad it's true.
  • Options
    beville wrote: »
    I knew it was going to be something L A M E !!

There's lame and then there is Star wars costumes -_-
  • Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    And I got excited over this! I hate Star Wars so much!!!:(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    http://www.wired.com/2013/05/electronic-arts-star-wars/

I am surprised any of you are surprised. Disney and EA are all about all things Star Wars - really why did you think Aliens was the first EP and why do you suppose the other Star Wars costumes were made for Sims too - yet you are still surprised there is more Star Wars ? Don't any of you ever read any news? I mean Disney got rid of Lucas Arts and handed exclusive rights to EA - the one partnership so many studios was hoping to get EA got over a year ago - and anyone is surprised when they keep tossing Star wars related stuff at the Sims instead of any of the things we actually want - because first off a partner as big as Disney - well don't be surprised when the next things we get are Mouse ears and a Disneyland Vacation - or space adventure.... Of course there is no toddlers - no toddlers in Star Wars either - just kids and babies... How much you want to bet we end up with robots instead of servo's that look like the Star Wars robots - easy enough to do with R2 D2 the size of a Sims kid and the other one (C3po I believe it's called - I forget exactly) the size of the teens- elders.... Yep - this is going to be Sims 4 - the Star Wars edition....

So who do you get mad at the Dev's making the Suits day? Yeah, like that is going to get us somewhere.... We are simply advertisement for EA and Disney venture into their coming Star Wars block buster - with EA having the exclusive contract - it should have rang a bell or two when we get a rocket ship in the base game - with a separate Astronaut career... then the first ep masquerades as careers - wrapped tightly around aliens and Sixam... Believe me by the time the first in the coming epic series of Star Wars starts coming out I have feeling we will already feel like we are playing a Star wars game... first creature -Wookies -

No wonder there is no roads we will probably get jet packs and those star wars motorcycles instead... Teleport every where .Let the force be with you!!! Rightttttttt.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @rudy8292, I'm not saying we don't need those things. But the level of hype people had worked themselves into since Friday was well on the way to leaving the galaxy. Me, I was just interested to see that there seemed to be more than bug fixes (which we'd already been told about in part). What more there is other than costumes we won't know till we see what the "improvements" part is in the patch notes.

Not getting into a long discussion about toddlers and how software development works and all that. There are THOUSANDS of those here already, particularly about toddlers. I don't even want to ever type the word again, personally.

I feel like this can't be repeated often enough. All of it. :)
    This forum sets themselves up for disappointment sometimes. (I doubt they will add toddlers in an update - its probably going to be in an EP due to how important it is.)
    I'm not a fan of Star Wars but nice little update to mess around with.
    To those saying this is a waste of time for the team to work on - it's only a tiny number probably 2 to 5 people at max working on the Star Wars stuff. Just because they did this doesn't mean they aren't working on other EPs or gamepacks. Its just a little something fun to give people. (Keep in mind they don't HAVE to give us items, clothing, or whatever in patches - they do this because they want to.)

Those 2-5 people could be working on other assets that aren't completely useless. Am I supposed to dress my sims in Star Wars costumes? No, that's not how I play my game. I haven't used the ones we got last October and I doubt I will use these. As I said, the management needs to actually get on these forums and see what players are wanting. So far they have yet to hit a home run.

Great. That's not how you play the game. It's not how a bunch of people play the game. Someone just made a poll in another thread about toddlers, and about 35% had no interest in them. They probably shouldn't focus on that either, by your logic.

My logic? My logic would be they deliver a solid gaming experience and leave the unnecessary content as an option DLC. We don't have either of those in The Sims 4, so before you get snippy on an Internet forum please look at what players are wanting and what players are actually getting.
  • Options
    shrr0744shrr0744 Posts: 18 Member
    With all the screw ups from the last updates they should have rewarded US and not themselves!