Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    Everyone is getting uptight and angry at the gurus for not delivering in patches because your expectations are too high. Did you really expect to get toddlers in one little patch? :|
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    olyanaesme wrote: »
    Everyone is getting uptight and angry at the gurus for not delivering in patches because your expectations are too high. Did you really expect to get toddlers in one little patch? :|

What are the expectations supposed to be? You tell us.

This game got rolled out the door so short that even a company like EA had a guilty enough conscious (or feared not making money) to the point that they advertised that they were going to continue adding to the game.

That's basically their way of saying "Please don't leave, we'll make this right."

Here we are several months later and.... again, you tell us what are people supposed to expect or not under that pretense.

• Options
    InariInari Posts: 17 Member
    I am disappointed,who needs those costumes? They would have to add toddlers and listen to their fans
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,520 Member
    edited May 2015
    Be happy, for the first time of The Sims series, the aliens can wear an alien costume :p !!!
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,520 Member
    I like the Star Wars costumes and a lot of the bug fixes. :P However, I'm still pretty upset that there aren't any door locks yet. :P (I know there's a mod, but I want EA to actually put it in the game).

What's the "fun" part of this patch?! Downloading it?! :P
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited May 2015
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ok.

Enough with the costumes. Unless we are getting a costume party event or something, please .... enough.

I don't have my sims wear them, I don't like them in my game. I am not a Star Wars fan and might be the only person on the earth who isn't ... but I don't care. If you are going to add costumes, why not add ones that are not themed specific. What is it with Star Wars? [/quote]

The unfortunate fact is that EA and Disney have signed an exclusive deal for the rights to Star Wars and are teaming up to make Star Wars games. So now there is advertising. In the Sims. For Star Wars. Yep, makes total sense to me /s. (Unfortunately it does make sense to me since it's EA. It's all about the money.) And you aren't alone, I don't have any interest in SW either.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Maybe EA could do a deal with some more companies and get toddlers development costs covered that way. When they age up from shoebox babies they appear on your floor complete with 'Buy Pampers' tattooed on their foreheads.

You know, this actually might not be such a bad idea if it's the financial end of it that is causing them to drag their feet. But of course not the having "buy pampers" stamped on forehead part. lol

Toddler diapers with "I'm Pampered" across the butt.
    Disney themed toddler clothing... after all we have Star Wars so why not others.
    Add furniture to the above.

There are a lot of things that could be themed on just the Classic Disney movies alone. Like Fantasia. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2015
    @gamekitten
    Ok, so I'm trying to understand, and not be snarky. Let's say you spent the maxium--$70 for the base game; $20 for Outdoor Retreat, and $40 for Get to Work, and as much as 10 percent tax on top of that. That works out to $143. And you say you've played for almost a thousand hours. Doesn't that mean that for you, the cost of playing is currently at about 14 cents an hour? I mean, I realize the Sims franchise sets the bar super high in terms of playability, but you've gotten a lot of "bang" for you bucks.

You said:
    "I have almost 1000 hours and I didn't need to make up my mind, the game is a perfect, 100% fail/flop game. I 'tried' to like it. I 'wanted' to enjoy a new Sims game (I mean who doesn't like a shiney new game.. Right?). Been a fan since the first Sims game. I 'wanted' to throw money at EA for this game (Elder Scrolls Online now will get any money I can spare, we could buy a house today, but on a rental agreement till next year)."

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    @gamekitten
    Ok, so I'm trying not to be snarky as I ask this. Let's say you spent the maxium--$70 for the base game; $20 for Outdoor Retreat, and $40 for Get to Work, and as much as 10 percent tax on top of that. That works out to $143
    gamekitten wrote: »

I

I have almost 1000 hours and I didn't need to make up my mind, the game is a perfect, 100% fail/flop game. I 'tried' to like it. I 'wanted' to enjoy a new Sims game (I mean who doesn't like a shiney new game.. Right?). Been a fan since the first Sims game. I 'wanted' to throw money at EA for this game (Elder Scrolls Online now will get any money I can spare, we could buy a house today, but on a rental agreement till next year).

So, I'll take my whinny money elsewhere, and when more whinny people (not intended as insult) take their money elsewhere, well Racheal can have fun playing Sims with the developers when the game goes under. I don't like their snarky and misleading tweets I see in the forum. I also take the tinfoil hat gnome as a smirk from them when what I see a toddler in the moon. It is like they are laughing at those that want toddlers and mocking them (never noticed until I saw a blown up version of that gnome).

And to be perfectly honest, I am surprise the game has lasted this long. May the force be with EA, they need it more than I do.

[/quote]

O.o I said I almost have a 1000 hours meaning gameplay. I would in no way spend that kind of money for this broken unknown genre game. I am still trying to figure out where you are going with at the prices you stated. I feel I was a joke for spending even 50 bucks on the game and yes, I purchased the deluxe (I think the high price one), GP, and GTW... but I still don't get where you are going with the prices when I meant gameplay........o.o

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    O.o I said I almost have a 1000 hours meaning gameplay. I would in no way spend that kind of money for this broken unknown genre game. I am still trying to figure out where you are going with at the prices you stated. I feel I was a joke for spending even 50 bucks on the game and yes, I purchased the deluxe (I think the high price one), GP, and GTW... but I still don't get where you are going with the prices when I meant gameplay........o.o

Don't worry, by the time EA is done with trying to push their overpriced DLC on folks, people will probably have exceeded spending a thousand dollars anyway ;) Particularly the poor Kiwi's !

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @gamekitten

The prices I quoted were the rounded up costs of the game. So Sims 4 with the various extra little packages sells right now for 69.99 US dollars. Get to Work is 39.99. Outdoor Retreat is 19.99. That adds up to 129.97. In my state there is sales tax added on, which I gussed would not be higher than ten percent wherever you live.. Ten percent of 129.97 is 12.99. 12.99 plus 129.97 is 142.96. So I assume you paid, at most, 142.99 for everything. You have played for a thousand hours. 142.99 doolars divided by one thousand---moving the decimal point three places-- gives us .142 dollars per hour, or fourteen cents per hour of play. That is, your cost to play the game, measured in dollars spent per hours paid, is .142 dollars an hour, or 14 cents. All I'm saying is that by the standards of most forms of entertainment, fourteen cents an hour is a fantastic deal, even the game isn't as good as you think it ought to be. Of course, I've "only" played for about 400 hours. Maybe at a thousand hours I will be bored, too. :-D

@gamekitten
    Ok, so I'm trying not to be snarky as I ask this. Let's say you spent the maxium--$70 for the base game; $20 for Outdoor Retreat, and $40 for Get to Work, and as much as 10 percent tax on top of that. That works out to $143

I

I have almost 1000 hours and I didn't need to make up my mind, the game is a perfect, 100% fail/flop game. I 'tried' to like it. I 'wanted' to enjoy a new Sims game (I mean who doesn't like a shiney new game.. Right?). Been a fan since the first Sims game. I 'wanted' to throw money at EA for this game (Elder Scrolls Online now will get any money I can spare, we could buy a house today, but on a rental agreement till next year).

So, I'll take my whinny money elsewhere, and when more whinny people (not intended as insult) take their money elsewhere, well Racheal can have fun playing Sims with the developers when the game goes under. I don't like their snarky and misleading tweets I see in the forum. I also take the tinfoil hat gnome as a smirk from them when what I see a toddler in the moon. It is like they are laughing at those that want toddlers and mocking them (never noticed until I saw a blown up version of that gnome).

And to be perfectly honest, I am surprise the game has lasted this long. May the force be with EA, they need it more than I do.

[/quote]

• Options
    brunke_maybrunke_may Posts: 8 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Can we get that Mos Eisley Cantina tho?
    Post edited by brunke_may on
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Sul Sul!

The free Update will include three new costumes to celebrate May 4th: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Jedi Master Aayla Secura.

Why do they keep calling it a "free" update?
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Maybe EA could do a deal with some more companies and get toddlers development costs covered that way. When they age up from shoebox babies they appear on your floor complete with 'Buy Pampers' tattooed on their foreheads.

You know, this actually might not be such a bad idea if it's the financial end of it that is causing them to drag their feet. But of course not the having "buy pampers" stamped on forehead part. lol

Disney themed toddler clothing... after all we have Star Wars so why not others.

There are a lot of things that could be themed on just the Classic Disney movies alone. Like Fantasia. ;)
    Star Wars could actually fund the toddler patch and make Ewok and R2D2 costumes. I could totally see that happening.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Star Wars could actually fund the toddler patch and make Ewok and R2D2 costumes. I could totally see that happening.

I don't know if it's the pessimist or realist side of me but ... I doubt they'll ever fund for Toddlers. They haven't even fixed the mere incest glitch or added lockable doors (yet).
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

I don't know if it's the pessimist or realist side of me but ... I doubt they'll ever fund for Toddlers. They haven't even fixed the mere incest glitch or added lockable doors (yet).
    Well it is just a silly idea. I doubt it would be done, but eh I threw it out there anyway. Yeah those things need to be fixed and added too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

Well it is just a silly idea. I doubt it would be done, but eh I threw it out there anyway. Yeah those things need to be fixed and added too.

One can always hope :disappointed: But it's EA after all.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Like I said in another post... whenever I see that bat-gnome I frown. Fixes are great, unwanted content is not. I'm sick of it not being an option. I hope eventually there will be a default replacement database for all the TS4 "free updates" like there is for the ridiculous clothing in TS2. What irks me is that I bet only Sims games get all the tie-in marketing. I would love to see them try to dump this crap in their Battlefield and FIFA games. I'm not going to add this patch until I have no choice but to do so.

Also note to the devs and Ms. Franklin:
    In the tech world, ads are omitted from paid software, and at over $100 for this joke of a game to date, I think we can fairly call TS4 paid for--it sure as heck isn't freemium :angry:
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    <sarcasm>
    You're right, our expectations are way too high. We are insane for expecting EA to patch in toddlers after 8 months when the game was supposed to include all life stages at production release. I'm glad they are spending their time on Star Wars costumes. Those are WAY more fun than toddlers. I hope their next patch includes all the Disney Princess costumes.
    </sarcasm>

Agreed, I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. I don't find expecting to have all the lifestages finally in the game 8+ months after release to be unreasonable. I'm actually more surprised there are people out there that find not having toddlers going on a year after release to be even remotely reasonable, though I guess I shouldn't be. /shrug

The toddler issue is really representative of TS4 on the whole though. Good ideas, but no follow through, no real desire from the devs to give that 110% effort to the game. Shame really, TS4 could have been really great but it will never be realized when everything is only half finished.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    2011simone wrote: »
    Can't they have a deal with them for other disney stuff? Starwars has never appealed to me

Star Wars is kind of a bit more popular than any other Disney films to be honest... :)

Frozen alone beat any star wars movie at the box office.

Out of all six, only one of the star wars movies beat the lion king.

You know what? If EA gives us a patch with Frozen content, I will never complain again.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Well I should imagine being as it's a advert for the film, a hefty fee must have been paid by Disney to have this promotion in the Sims - therefore it is in their interests to make these dull little product placement costumes. If it funds the developers wages to make the fixes and missing content then fair enough- at least I hope it was purely an advertising deal, because the alternative is that EA has paid for the rights to put this pointless stuff in.

From ea,com/news dated May 6th, 2013: "Today, The Walt Disney Company has announced that they have chosen EA to create new Star Wars experiences for gamers worldwide."

Tag, we're "it."
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options

Why would Disney or any other company other than EA/Maxis provide funding for fixing the game or adding code for lockable doors? They wouldn't. They would be providing funding for new content (i.e. clothing and items for toddlers). Now if EA/maxis spent part of that funding on fixes and coding not covered by the agreement then that is on EA/Maxis and a breach of contract.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Well I should imagine being as it's a advert for the film, a hefty fee must have been paid by Disney to have this promotion in the Sims - therefore it is in their interests to make these dull little product placement costumes. If it funds the developers wages to make the fixes and missing content then fair enough- at least I hope it was purely an advertising deal, because the alternative is that EA has paid for the rights to put this pointless stuff in.

From ea,com/news dated May 6th, 2013: "Today, The Walt Disney Company has announced that they have chosen EA to create new Star Wars experiences for gamers worldwide."

Tag, we're "it."

b2ap3_thumbnail_wargames.jpg
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    I can see many people are upset with the free Star Wars costumes. Personally, I think they're kinda silly and don't have much use for them either. However, I think it's a wee bit hypocritical that we complain about unwanted content but also go all "OMG it's no biggie, just age them up!" to those who have said they don't want toddlers. It's certainly less hassle to scroll past a few costumes than to age up a toddler.

EA probably thought the freebies were something fun to include with the patch, but I wonder if EA might have saved themselves some headache if they had simply excluded them. Then again, while I've also noticed some disappointment with the costumes in other forums, I haven't seen the same level of resentment that is present here.

As for myself, while I'm disappointed that the patch didn't include the one fix I really want, i.e. the played sims with random careers bug, I'm glad there were so many other bug fixes.