This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2015
    Oh yes, just what I need in my game. Thank you so much, EA. I'm so grateful.
    I'm seriously considering, for the first time, and I have played since the beginning, to stop buying anything from EA before they give what the game deserves. This is ridiculous.
    If it's true that toddlers will never come, then I don't think Sims is the right game for me anymore. How sad.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    At least we got new loading screens...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    I really hope there's a family tree/culling fix
    What was SimGuruDaniel talking about with this tweet?
    qy7f3t.png

No he said it's something new....

No he said "redesigning" things.. meaning he's remaking something

He is redesigning something new that hasn't been put into the game yet.

How do you redesign something that isn't in the game yet?

ETA: How can you redesign something that doesn't exist? Unless it was and left over from Olympus? It doesn't make sense.

You design it. Then you find it needs improvement, or it gets approved pending modifications, or whoever needs to approve it asks to see a variation. So you redesign. It's a normal, to-be-expected part of the design process.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Lol! And they did it again.

In all seriousness this does not bother me at all, as I have given up on ts4, for awhile now.
    I do feel bad for those that are still hopeful. I can understand their disappointment.

Back to the regular scheduled program of playing games that are actually good, like ts2.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    This patch better have some major bug fixes and big improvements otherwise I am so done. It's ridiculous that 8 months later we still have no news on something that should've been in the base game since day one. 8 months later and the game is still lacking basic things like dishwashers or a d*mn repairman. Instead, they are wasting time creating gnomes and pointless costumes. Who needs priorities, right?

LMAO!
    Preach! Hallelujah!
    2clrvk.gif
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    More stuff that people won't use! Hooray!
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ok.

Enough with the costumes. Unless we are getting a costume party event or something, please .... enough.

I don't have my sims wear them, I don't like them in my game. I am not a Star Wars fan and might be the only person on the earth who isn't ... but I don't care. If you are going to add costumes, why not add ones that are not themed specific. What is it with Star Wars?

We have one already, if you buy the deluxe edition you get the option to do that event :p

That would explain why I dont know about the costumes ... I guess those that paid the extra money need something for that event. For the rest of us that don't give a flying flip about Star Wars costumes .... what do we get since we can't use them?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Well I should imagine being as it's a advert for the film, a hefty fee must have been paid by Disney to have this promotion in the Sims - therefore it is in their interests to make these dull little product placement costumes. If it funds the developers wages to make the fixes and missing content then fair enough- at least I hope it was purely an advertising deal, because the alternative is that EA has paid for the rights to put this pointless stuff in.

You are totally right excpet all of the paragraph, yes they can do this for money, byt other stuff so people get saatisfied because I don't recall somebody saying we are limited to only one theme for patches!!! -_-

Let's say they were limited to one theme add furniture related to star wars that would be better than costumes (again) even they added one poster about Star Wars and the costumes only ot would be better just STOP WITH THE COSTUMES

WHO THE HECK WOULD WEAR a costume on the streets as a normal thing!!!! IT IS USELESS
    -_-

BTW EA don't mind this I totally love the patch can't wait for another costume :D

-_- -_-
    All of that useless plum
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    They just trollin!

Guys you need to stop getting your hopes up for toddlers every patch.
    Just try to enjoy the game.. Or don't and play something else until they do add what you want.

This is really good advice Simmers. Maybe we should all take it to heart.

Clearly the word "fun" is completely and utterly subjective. :/

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    There are new loading screens :D
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    "Alright wheezy" said Mr. Sausages, "Let's crack off that helmet, I have a mouth full of phlegm I want to share with you "

vader.jpg

Mr. Sausages, you have brightened my day!

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I didn't read all the pages but I gurantee all of them are postive about the patch

GOOD WORK EA (THUMBS UP)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ok.

Enough with the costumes. Unless we are getting a costume party event or something, please .... enough.

I don't have my sims wear them, I don't like them in my game. I am not a Star Wars fan and might be the only person on the earth who isn't ... but I don't care. If you are going to add costumes, why not add ones that are not themed specific. What is it with Star Wars?

We have one already, if you buy the deluxe edition you get the option to do that event :p

Tsk, no wonder they give you the option to upgrade your version to the Deluxe edition via Origin. In this sense those costumes could bring them money, if someone gets motivated to throw a Star wars costume party (please don't!)

• Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Want to know about the most recent updates to The Sims 4? Keep checking back for the latest patch notes!

Update: 05/04/2015 – PC Version 1.6.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.6.69.1220

Hey Simmers,

It’s May, and we’ve got a bag full of fixes… wait that’s more of a December reference. I’ve got a shower of fixes for… that’s April.

May is Autumn and Spring (depending on where you live). It’s the beginning of the end of another school year. It’s the end of an egg-citing challenge. It’s May the 4th be with you! And it’s when we have a whole bunch of updates to share with you in this release!

I’m really sorry about the egg pun. It’s best if we both could just forget it ever happened and move along…

What’s on the New side of things? ...
    Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

(Edited cause patch notes were too long, click the link to read more)

Wow, the patch notes are MASSIVE.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I love how some people work themselves into a frenzy, fantasizing beyond the bounds of reason about what the bat gnome portends, and then start throwing tantrums when they realize their fantasies are not going to come true, but BEFORE they actually know what is in the patch (other than Star Wars costumes). Doesn't it make more sense to take a "wait and see" attitude? These kinds of mood things cannot be healthy.

@MsPhy I was being reasonable though...I knew it wasn't going to be toddlers..i honestly thought it was going to be something to do with our town set up.... I never thought they'd give us Star Wars costumes....>_>
    Well, I hope there's at least a Family Tree fix. That's the only thing I really wanted.

My comment was not directed at you, or at anyone in particular. It was just a general comment.

I would love it if they fixed culling, or at least fixed the memory of dead ancestors in the family tree. I would love to see them fix alien abduction and pregnancy so people who love it could enjoy it and people who don't could turn it off. So many little tuning things I'd love to see. So ... I'm waiting and seeing before I get excited or disappointed.

Same...
    I really hope there's a family tree/culling fix
    What was SimGuruDaniel talking about with this tweet?
    qy7f3t.png

No he said it's something new....

No he said "redesigning" things.. meaning he's remaking something

He clarified it later and said it's something new not yet in game. I can go find the tweet but whem I'm back to my Pc... I'm plotting some fun for star wars

Well. That stinks.. >_<
    Why post that? argh...
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    IS THIS FOR REAL? I DON'T EVEN LIKE STAR WARS! I NEVER EVEN WATCHED THE MOVIES AS I DON'T HAVE AN INTEREST IN THEM!

The Star Wars theories were a funny joke at first, but REALLY?! There are people here who don't even like Star Wars! I bet the Star Wars fans could just get some cc, and the Gurus could have focused on something to please everyone! The Gurus hyped us all up and got us hoping, just for some stupid movie fan items?
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    This is why I thought it was nothing, so I wouldn't be disappointed. x_x But knowing now.. just kind of bummed that it's just more Star Wars stuff. Never was into the films. Not something that interests me. However, I'm happy for the Simmers that like Star Wars and all (:

I would have preferred a Summer Event (Like the Easter Egg Hunt they did..). Ahh well! (:

Yeah, now that I think about it, they could have added summer or spring related stuff. New Swimsuits and swim trunks for every age and gender. Heck I would've even liked new flowers to put in my yard for spring. But I guess that's just too much like right.

I never use ANY of the costumes in any Sim game. EVER. So hopefully the fixes help.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
    Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
    Carrots and Alternative music seem to lead to more baby boys.

Something useful! http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    The costumes are just a nice add-on. This is clearly a bug fix patch. Just read the notes.
  • Options
    The bug fixes are nice tho, I'm going to play the game for a bit.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    IS THIS FOR REAL? I DON'T EVEN LIKE STAR WARS! I NEVER EVEN WATCHED THE MOVIES AS I DON'T HAVE AN INTEREST IN THEM!

Its not about your interest anymore, its about theirs.

You see they have this star wars game they intend release two and a half years from now that they would like you to pay them for today.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Dang it game error...time to repair again...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Its not about your interest anymore, its about theirs.

You see they have this star wars game they intend release two and a half years from now that they would like you to pay them for today.

Lol. Nah...
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Sunirose wrote: »
    Star wars costumes? Their kidding right? I just can't believe it! Maybe it's time to learn how to make mods to hide unwanted CAS items.

I would love a "Hide Costumes" mod.
    I hate costumes. Like what's the point if you can't have a COSTUME party?
    Gosh EA is so BACKWARDS?
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!