Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ASUS 1GB AMD Radeon HD 5450 PCIe Graphics Card Work for Sims 4? (Solved)

RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
I'm trying to look for a graphics card that will play TS4 (and hopefully TS3 and 2) but I'm not a computer person and I was wondering if this would run TS4 smoothly?
Post edited by Razing on

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    if your upgrading your current PC, Please post your computer specs. There maybe other things to change in your computer. @chesterbigbird can help you when they come on the forum. They will need your DxDiag report

windows key + R Key in the run box type DxDiag let it load and save the report to desktop then copy and paste the whole report here. You will have to do this in sections and several posts. The report is too long for one post Thank you

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Hi :)
    This card is very old.. it's 5 years old I believe. It will not hold up playing ts3 and any more than 1 or 2 expansions. And will play ts4 on lower settings.. however this may change and you may have problems when adding more content. The 5450 is old low end card and I wouldn't recommend actually buying it. Look for nvidia GTX 750ti and above.. or AMD R9 260-270 and above.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    @phoebebebe13 My computer can run TS4 as I bought the free game time but my computer didn't have a good graphics card so it ran quite slowly. @chesterbigbird Thanks, I will look for those graphic cards! :)
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited May 2015
    It's not as simple as replacing the card though.. you need to make sure your power supply has sufficient amount of wattage to run the card.. you also need to make sure your card can fit inside the case and that the motherboard is compatible.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Razing wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 My computer can run TS4 as I bought the free game time but my computer didn't have a good graphics card so it ran quite slowly. @chesterbigbird Thanks, I will look for those graphic cards! :)

If your going to buy a card like I stated and chester stated you may need to change other things in your computer why I asked you to post your DxDiag. Chester would need to see the hardware in your computer. Chester builds computer so they would be best to help you
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    edited May 2015
    It turns out that my brother is going to upgrade his computer soon and will be giving me parts such as the graphics card which will definatly play TS4 and other new games and will work in my computer :) Thanks for helping anyway!