Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Put Cupcake Machine recipes into the oven! No more machine restriction!

mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hear me out.
When I play The Sims 4, I don't play to make outlandish fun houses. I play with a slightly more realistic style. As is evidenced by my last thread, I love food. I was excited as HECK to learn that Get to Work was going to be adding baking as a skill! New recipes!!

What I was very, very unhappy to learn was that Sims had to own a cupcake machine in order to make some of the recipes. Let me repeat: I don't play to make outlandish fun houses. Have you ever seen a cupcake machine in someone's house before? No, because we make cupcakes the normal way: in an oven. No one on this Earth owns a cupcake machine in a practical home, and I don't want to be forced to own one in order to enjoy a large part of the content that I paid for.

I want to lift the recipe restriction for the cupcake machine. I want the recipes to be able to be made in the oven. Maybe at a higher skill level? Maybe with a certain quality oven? I don't care. I just don't like having to own this gigantic, space-taking eyesore of an item in order to bake sweets that you can just as easily make in an oven.

Sorry if this topic sounds extra angry, but I'm just really upset with the whole "wackier, sillier lives" thing that was forced onto the game because the game has made it so I HAVE to play that way if I want to have full access to all of the game's parts. It's not cool.

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is all about restrictions and less sandbox style play than ever, unfortunately. It's why I'm disenchanted by it compared to past games. I never got the Sims so that I could play the game the way the creators wanted me to play, that is why I have a ton of other games. The Sims was the game I could play the way I wanted to play. And now, that style of play is gone.

So true! Sams is a sandbox game, or it used to be. Sims 4 is trying to force players to play how EA wants you to play.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That stinks. Um only thing I would suggest is to hide the ugly big things like the cupcake machine in the basement. That way it is out of sight and out of mind until you have to use it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I was hoping for something more stylish like an wall oven.Kinda like the one from the Sims 3 but, without the side cabinet.I do not like that Dr.Seuss cupcakes machine.I did not like it then,I do not like it now!
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I put one of those machines in my Bakery basement with my other kitchen things. It makes more sense to have it there than in my house and when I need to use it I just go there. It's not too bigga deal.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    beville wrote: »
    I was hoping for something more stylish like an wall oven.Kinda like the one from the Sims 3 but, without the side cabinet.I do not like that Dr.Seuss cupcakes machine.I did not like it then,I do not like it now!
    It does look like Dr. Seuss. Like the Sneetches machine huh?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Hear me out.
    When I play The Sims 4, I don't play to make outlandish fun houses. I play with a slightly more realistic style. As is evidenced by my last thread, I love food. I was excited as HECK to learn that Get to Work was going to be adding baking as a skill! New recipes!!

What I was very, very unhappy to learn was that Sims had to own a cupcake machine in order to make some of the recipes. Let me repeat: I don't play to make outlandish fun houses. Have you ever seen a cupcake machine in someone's house before? No, because we make cupcakes the normal way: in an oven. No one on this Earth owns a cupcake machine in a practical home, and I don't want to be forced to own one in order to enjoy a large part of the content that I paid for.

I want to lift the recipe restriction for the cupcake machine. I want the recipes to be able to be made in the oven. Maybe at a higher skill level? Maybe with a certain quality oven? I don't care. I just don't like having to own this gigantic, space-taking eyesore of an item in order to bake sweets that you can just as easily make in an oven.

Sorry if this topic sounds extra angry, but I'm just really upset with the whole "wackier, sillier lives" thing that was forced onto the game because the game has made it so I HAVE to play that way if I want to have full access to all of the game's parts. It's not cool.

Thank you for this. Just thank you.

I actually love the cooking skill in this game and if I'm being honest with myself, I only bought GTW for baking. I was so disappointed to discover that I would be forced into owning that monstrosity if I wanted to be able to bake all of the available treats. I HATE it. I feel like Oompah-Loompahs are going to jump out at me every time I turn it on. I don't even takw comfort in being able to hide it in the basement, I don't want to see it full stop :s

Also...on the subject of baking. I think I only got as high as level 5, but do the animations ever change? I was very disappointed that my Sim never seemed to do anything but mix in a mixing bowl with egg and milk no matter what she was making. I was really hoping for some dough kneading and maybe some rolling pin action...anything like that at higher levels?
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    The only rolling-pin action comes with that ridiculous dance-style they have! I too object to the ludicous machine and also to the punitive pricing of the skill-books, baking is an everyday thing for alot of people, not some arcane ritual shrouded in mystery. And doughnuts are deep-fried anyway!
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I came in here to agree, but reading your post made me remember I actually do own a cupcake maker (a tiny machine that cooks 4 cupcakes at a time). It was given to me as a gift and I thought it was kinda silly (because I love baking) but it now occurs to me I'm craving a cupcake and maybe it wasn't such a bad gift after all.... I have no idea where it is though (or if I still have it).
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    The only rolling-pin action comes with that ridiculous dance-style they have! I too object to the ludicous machine and also to the punitive pricing of the skill-books, baking is an everyday thing for alot of people, not some arcane ritual shrouded in mystery. And doughnuts are deep-fried anyway!

LOL it totally does look like that, I never even thought about it!

And yeah! Doughnuts should be fried, bread should be kneaded and put into pans, cookies should be rolled out and cut! Why u no animate, EA? :'(
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I agree with you 100%. I can only hope that when/if we get restaurants that we won't need to use any unsightly, gigantic items. I am tired of all of the oversized items. Microscope, observatory, cupcake machine... What's next? :s
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    I absolutely agree with you, OP. I like to have small and cozy houses and I don't like basements (my sims usually live in apartments) so I just don't have the space for that thing. I was hoping someone would come up with a mod that let us bake everything on an oven but nothing so far and I just know EA won't do anything about it either.
    Shaobun wrote: »
    I came in here to agree, but reading your post made me remember I actually do own a cupcake maker (a tiny machine that cooks 4 cupcakes at a time). It was given to me as a gift and I thought it was kinda silly (because I love baking) but it now occurs to me I'm craving a cupcake and maybe it wasn't such a bad gift after all.... I have no idea where it is though (or if I still have it).

That's the thing, I wouldn't mind it if they would give us a smaller version of the cupcake machine, one that could be placed on a kitchen counter. The thing that frustrates me is that the machine looks like something out of a factory and not only it takes a lot of space that I don't have but it's ugly as "plum". It's fine if you have a bakery, but it's not fine if you just want your sims to bake sweets at home. :\
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    And yeah! Doughnuts should be fried, bread should be kneaded and put into pans, cookies should be rolled out and cut! Why u no animate, EA? :'(
    the answer starts & ends with an E
    & it has a too hard moodlet in the middle :tongue:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited May 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »

I would be totally okay with there being a small countertop item for making sweets! In fact, I'd like for a LOT more things to be put on countertops in the kitchen! I still want a toasterrrrrrr... I just hate the giant cupcake maker, as well as the other gigantic items that have no business being gigantic. They make my home lots look either pretentious or really weird.

"Why dear, you know what would make our simple country home really stand out? a g i g a n t i c t e l e s c o p e."
    Small version of the cupcake machine would be nice.
  • AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    I actually like the way the cupcake machine looks, but it's so big, I've only used it a couple of times and one of those times was in a bakery. I don't like the microscope, though, I think it looks phallic.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The microscope is fine in my second level basement along with my scientist's other stuff. :D But I'd love to have the cupcake recipes available for the oven for home use -- reserve the cupcake machine for commercial use where you might have to whip out a bunch in a hurry.

Oh, and you can have baked doughnuts -- they're called beignets, and they're very popular in New Orleans and since Willow Creek is modeled a lot after New Orleans it makes a bit of sense B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    Can any mod makers suggest a way to fix this?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Huh it did and now there is a smaller version of the cupcake machine: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558124
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Huh it did and now there is a smaller version of the cupcake machine: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558124

Wow, interesting to see this thread bumped up!
    I actually use that item in my game. It's still kinda big, and sticks out like a sore thumb when I put into some of my houses, but it's still better than that Willy Wonka mess that comes in the game.

Man, imagine if they'd put a new cupcake machine into Cool Kitchen! HAHA. HA.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I'm with you on this one.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Yes! 1000% agree. I have literally never used the cupcake machine because it's too big and out of place. I have always wished that we could use all the recipes from it in the oven.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thread got bumped again lol. I agree though I wish they would either put the recipes in the oven or give us a smaller counter top oven that we could bake them in (if it has to be something special).
    I vote for a smaller microscope and telescope too while I'm at it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    With ts4 you're forced to color within EA's stringent, uncreative lines using their very limited color palette. And, I see with this resurrection of a 2015 thread that nothing has changed.

So glad that I only got ts4 base game and didn't invest in any of the expansions or packs... really wish that I could return ts4 base game, too.