Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims have simple tastes

Ok, I have at least 1 and often multiple versions of almost every entertainment device in my game. What do you think my Sims can't stop playing with on there own? No not that you perves.

Clay. What is up with the clay? Why can't they keep their hands off of it? Everyone of them seems to have clay in their hands whenever I click on them. And I am not sure but some lumps of clay look bigger than others which leads me to believe they are combining lumps of clay. Also, I had no idea they could make shapes out of them. Every once and awhile I will see some odd shape or figure on a counter or on the floor that I didn't put there. At first I had no idea what it was until I saw a Sim actually make something with a lump.

What do your Sims like to play with on their own?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited April 2015
    My sim brings it to work and even when he's patrolling. :D

l8Ja9TG.jpg

My sims like to play computer games too so I bought one for each of them.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    My Sims are in love with the teamaker. They gravitate to drinking lots of Oolong.
  • s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    My sims love playing with that 4D game machine (idk what its called). They will spend all day, everyday on it. Even when they get bored out of their minds from over gaming. It's gotten to the point where it's actually a relief when the machine breaks so that my sims can actually have lives.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Where do you get the clay from?
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    edited April 2015
    The clay is a childs toy so I guess I got it in the childs room in the build mode. Or go into build mold and type "clay" in the search engine. I saw it by accident a couple of weeks ago and bought it really thinking nothing of it.

LOL, Yeah, until I bought the clay they were addicted to the 3d machine too.

My tea machine breaks like every other time I use it and is also glitched. Often the tea goes rotten and I can't empty it because it says it still brewing. So I have to sell it and buy a new one. And I have yet to see one Sims that likes the taste of any tea.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I read somewhere that someone thought that TS4 looks like play dough, maybe that's why Sims like to play with clay?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's a mod that makes the clay-playing contribute to your Sims' creativity :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Adults shouldn't play with clay,unless they are really bored and have nothing else on their homes. The game lacks of logics regarding the engine that controls sims automatic action,it is not diverse and complex enough for a 2014 game standard.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Adults shouldn't play with clay,unless they are really bored and have nothing else on their homes. The game lacks of logics regarding the engine that controls sims automatic action,it is not diverse and complex enough for a 2014 game standard.

I didn't know playing with clay was supposed to stop being fun when I grew up. I'm doing grown-up all wrong. I suppose I'm supposed to stay off the swings at the park now, too. :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Mine are also addicted to clay, which is why I have like 20 of them around the house. They make such pretty sculptures.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yeah my sims have the same obsession with the clay. I had to delete it because things were getting out of hand.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    There's a mod that makes the clay-playing contribute to your Sims' creativity :)

Mods.... aint nobody got time for that..
    Thanks though...but.why couldn't EA implement the creative skill to an item that does require a bit of creativity to do. Makes sense you know?
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member

I didn't know playing with clay was supposed to stop being fun when I grew up. I'm doing grown-up all wrong. I suppose I'm supposed to stay off the swings at the park now, too. :(

You just keep on going to the swings luthienrising. If you think about it, playing the sims is something we shouldn't be doing either. LOL.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    My sims love playing with that 4D game machine (idk what its called). They will spend all day, everyday on it. Even when they get bored out of their minds from over gaming. It's gotten to the point where it's actually a relief when the machine breaks so that my sims can actually have lives.

Yeah, my sims are addicted to the motion game rig too! They would play that every minute of their day until it is damaged even though on buy mode, it says it's unbreakable. (It's the motion game rig that is a career reward, that is supposed to be unbreakable).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I read somewhere that someone thought that TS4 looks like play dough, maybe that's why Sims like to play with clay?

Maybe they are trying to make toddlers with it.