Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who plays TS4 AND TS3?

I bought a new pc just for TS4 and I love the game. However, I found my TS3 games lying around the other day (still got every EP and SP) and wondered who plays BOTH? If so, why? I don't know if I'd find it weird switching between two games that are so similar?

Comments

• Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    Well I've tried to play sims 3..... but I lag.... man do I lag so badly specially on the paradise island, and my computer was top high end back in 2012... :( I think it's because of all EP... idk

If it's wasn't for the lagging I would play it more.
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I haven't played since GTW but you payed for both why not enjoy both?
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    fatbat21 wrote: »
    I haven't played since GTW but you payed for both why not enjoy both?

Exactly! They were so expensive, but I don't know if I'd feel like I was taking a step back... I feel bad leaving them sitting there lol.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Eh, I might try 3 again this weekend...
  • policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    I have stopped playing 3 completely and moved to 4.
    Really love both games though. :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    All my friends that playTS4 have uninstalled their TS3 games. Wonder if that's the case all-around.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I have TS2, TS3 and TS4 installed on my computer and though I mainly play TS3 because it is my fav and I have plenty of stories and things to try and discover yet in the game to keep me entertainned for a long time, I sometimes play TS2 because I have a nice Pride&Prejudice story that I allways love to play, and when I am in the mood for a short quick time playing I choose TS4.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    I'm going shift through, update all my mods for TS3 this weekend and try playing it again fresh. I miss the worlds
    junceda wrote: »
    I have TS2, TS3 and TS4 installed on my computer and though I mainly play TS3 because it is my fav and I have plenty of stories and things to try and discover yet in the game to keep me entertainned for a long time, I sometimes play TS2 because I have a nice Pride&Prejudice story that I allways love to play, and when I am in the mood for a short quick time playing I choose TS4.

I like that idea. I think the issue is there's SO much to TS3 that I'd get confused after so long away. Plus I'd have to download a couple gb of CC! Maybe I should try playing without it for a change, but I did love NRaas's mods!

I mi
    Foxcrest wrote: »
    I'm going shift through, update all my mods for TS3 this weekend and try playing it again fresh. I miss the worlds.
    I miss the world's too. CAW is sorely missed.

Glad to hear it's possible to play both without too much hassle though :) would love to hear more of how you guys play?
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    I play 2, 3, and 4. I just got the UC for 2, so that's what I've been focusing on.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I play both because Sims 4 is relatively new and there is not alot of things to do whereas in Sims 3 I have every expansion pack to make the game play a lot more enjoyable and fun for alot more hours. I am sure as long when there is more things added to Sims 4 I will be playing the game more times over then Sims 3
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I have both but only play 3 since 4 can't keep my attention.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited April 2015
    I mostly play TS3 , simply because the repetitive 'do this , do that and do it so many times' grind of TS4 gets boring after about 15 minutes and the loading screens mean I tend to keep my sims on their home lot , which feels kinda claustrophobic

I still keep trying with TS4 cos there are aspects of it I like , but sadly not enough to hold my interest when I prefer a freeplay aspect to my sims games
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    When I play Sims these days, it's Sims 3. Splitting your gaming time between more than one game probably will keep both a bit more fun.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have all the games installed, Sims 1, 2,3, and 4. Though I mainly play Sims 3, my heart will always be with Sims 2. I guess I'm one of those lucky ones who have never really had a problem with lag. If and when I do have lag NRaas takes care of it for me. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I play many more games than just TS4. And then I find myself prefering TS3. Which is fine, as ownership of TS4 doesn't invalidate what came before it. It doesn't say anything about how I feel what TS4 is or what it should be.
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I actually didn't start playing 3 until after I got 4 and played it for a while.
    I tried to play 3 a loooong time ago, but my computer at that time was just too bad to run it. It runs fine now though.

It's a little odd feeling to play both, for me anyway, because I'm finding that 3 has things I like better than 4, and 4 has things I like better than 3. For example, I do like how the worlds in 3 actually feel like a continuous little community, but I like how things in 4 feels less..."clunky" than in 3. And the shadows are so pretty in 4, I've found that the shadows in 3 might be what disappoint me the most lol, they bother me so much.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    jsn wrote: »
    I actually didn't start playing 3 until after I got 4 and played it for a while.
    I tried to play 3 a loooong time ago, but my computer at that time was just too bad to run it. It runs fine now though.

It's a little odd feeling to play both, for me anyway, because I'm finding that 3 has things I like better than 4, and 4 has things I like better than 3. For example, I do like how the worlds in 3 actually feel like a continuous little community, but I like how things in 4 feels less..."clunky" than in 3. And the shadows are so pretty in 4, I've found that the shadows in 3 might be what disappoint me the most lol, they bother me so much.
    Screenshot-11_zpsbbd41b42.jpg
    H-how can you say that? *cries*
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm still addicted to TS3. I love my toddlers, and my large families spanning several generations, and mods which get rid of lag, and stop inappropriate flirtations from the in laws. And huge custom worlds you can travel around without loading screens. It's easier to make prettier/more interesting looking sims in Sims 4 because of the way CAS is designed, but when it comes to trying to play with them, forget it. Whatever traits you give them are completely pointless, because all they will want to do is meet someone new, flirt (even if they are a loner), and buy toys or musical instruments (even if they are not materialistic). Every time they use the toilet, it will break. I've tried hard to like Sims 4, but I can't play more than 15 minutes without feeling bored. With TS3, I could play all day, if I didn't have to cook, do laundry, and sleep.
  • rebeccarebecca Posts: 62 Member
    i still play the sims 2, 3, and 4! i'm currently playing a legacy in the sims 3 i've had for 2 years, and am only on the fifth generation, so i'm not stopping anytime soon.
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    jsn wrote: »

Screenshot-11_zpsbbd41b42.jpg
    H-how can you say that? *cries*

Well the thing that bothers me the most about them is the draw distance. I find it really strange that when I zoom out more shadows appear, and when I zoom in there are less shadows. It looks very strange to see the shadows magically draw out in front of my sim when they're walking through town.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    When TS4 came out i uninstalled all TS3 EPs and left only the base game, i play TS3 sometimes, but it's very rare, i can't make good looking houses in TS2 and TS3 anymore, i'm too used to TS4 build mode.
    tenor.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have all the games installed and play them all too. Though, I play TS3 far more than TS2 or TS4.

I don't feel like it's taking a step back at all to play TS3, more like the other way around lol. No, seriously, I don't find it a problem except that perhaps sometimes I go to click somewhere that is in a different place in a different game (such as going up a level in your home - top right corner in TS4, bottom left corner in TS3!)

I couldn't stick to just playing TS4. Some of it's entertaining but there is too much missing, hence why I'm nearly always playing TS3.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I love both games but moved on to The Sims 4. :blush: