Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out of both The Sims 3 and 4, what neighborhood look alot more realistic.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'd say, of course, TS3. But that's intentional is it not? You have to compare two vastly different art styles and they really (in my opinion anyway) aren't comparable as one is intended to look more realistic while the other is intended to be light and cartoony. Both are beautiful in their own way. I must say I prefer the more realistic style of TS3 though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Sims 3 and Sims 4 are so different from each other, Maybe Sims 4 should have another name- Not Sims 4, something like "Sims a New World"...
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @SweetieKaye Your fairies were dancing in time with Collective Soul, lol.

Sims3 looks more realistic. I don't like the cartoony look of S4. To each his own. :)
  • computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I"ll stick to sims 3. Got the game and expansion for over 50-80% off. EA is nickel and diming people to death. Too much greed. Even the worlds are more expensive than the original game. That's pretty sad.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2016
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't have Sims 4, I only know what I see here. The aesthetics of the games are all personal preference, but Sims 3 looks more realistic to an extent. I think the textures in 3 are more realistic than 4, which seems to lack texture or it's hidden by the blurry bloom effect. Anyway, this is all my opinion on the subject ;)
    These are pics from my games using Maxis created worlds: (warning; incoming pic spam :# )
    No pics are edited in any way and I am not using mods to affect lighting.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Happy simming, play what you like. :)
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Which one is more realistic? 3. But overall, I like 4's style better. I don't know if that's because I play on low settings or something like that but I don't go for realism when it comes to graphics. I like cartoony better.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Not kidding I love both. Both games have fabulous towns and I am not paid for telling you this.
    The colours are far better in the sims 4 for the little I experienced on compared to the sims 3. Everything dark in the sims 3 appears gross in my old computer.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited November 2016
    I love the atmosphere that Sims 3 has. There's lots of variety especially when it comes to season, which helps it look more realistic. Honestly, I don't really like the look of Sims 4. The colors and the way it looks, very unrealistic (like a pixar cartoon), does not appeal to me. Brighter colors does not equal realistic environment. This topic is about which game is more realistic. To each their own. :)
    Post edited by Odonata68 on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    Not kidding I love both. Both games have fabulous towns and I am not paid for telling you this.
    The colours are far better in the sims 4 for the little I experienced on compared to the sims 3. Everything dark in the sims 3 appears gross in my old computer.
    I think your computer might be the problem, not Sims 3. That is... I think it matters more on what settings you play Sims 3 than it does for Sims 4. You mention dark, and I know there are people who can't really play Midnight Hollow because it's too dark on their computer. It isn't on mine though, it looks amazing. That's a high end computer though, game is on highest settings.

Screenshot-875_zpstfudyg1h.jpg

20-6-16_23-29-48_zps5hfmpjrz.png

The art style is different and graphics in 4 are more modern, but as for colours? To be honest they even look a bit more vibrant to me in 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • XannahXannah Posts: 42 Member
    The two are different games. I like The Sims 4 graphics, but I like the ones in The Sims 3 even more as they are more realistic.
    Banner004.jpg
    @JoAnne65 very nice pictures. I agree about your comment on the colors. And what leaps out at me comparing those pic is textures. I mean, just look at the grass. Definitely more colorful too.
    The one thing that really stands out in the second pic is her pants. I love them! :D In my opinion, probably the most detailed item in that pic. I do love your sim, too. She kinda reminds me of Monica from "Friends" <3
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I find that comparing both games is like comparing a photo (Sims 3) with an impressionistic painting (the Sims 4)... Both have their charm in their own way but TS3 is clearly the only realistic looking game. In comparison, TS4 puts cute colors and textures on simplistic meshes. It's very easy to see on objects and even more on plants.
    If TS3 doesn't look realistic to the player, I'd definitely blame the player's computer and / or drivers, not the game.
    edited November 2016
    @Odonata68 Thanks, funny coincidence is that she's called Monica ^.^ (well, come to think of it, there may have been an unconscious link even, calling her that ;)) Yes, I love those pants as well!

@Candyd Not sure if I agree ;) I'd rather say Sims 3 is the impressionistic painting and Sims 4 is cartoon. I don't mean that belittling by the way, it's just a different approach (and not an approach I prefer but that's personal). As for photo, I rather think of games like GTA then.

edit: maybe, to keep it in art jargon, you could say Sims 4 is Pop Art ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sims3 of course!
    edited November 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think your computer might be the problem, not Sims 3. That is... I think it matters more on what settings you play Sims 3 than it does for Sims 4. You mention dark, and I know there are people who can't really play Midnight Hollow because it's too dark on their computer. It isn't on mine though, it looks amazing. That's a high end computer though, game is on highest settings.

Screenshot-875_zpstfudyg1h.jpg

20-6-16_23-29-48_zps5hfmpjrz.png

The art style is different and graphics in 4 are more modern, but as for colours? To be honest they even look a bit more vibrant to me in 3.

@JoAnne65 You're lucky to play on high, if I do it, my game crashes . I have to play LQ . I play high quality on the sims 2 I don't get this troubles because ts2 with the zillions of zillions of cc doesn't use less than 1GB of ram , ts3 is heavy. I wish to get vibrant pictures in the sims 3 as you are. Cartoonish pictures does better I think with a such graphic card.the GT220 1GB of ram is an idiocy to got it but I can't have a better computer.
    Everybody has got wonderful pictures as you are, mine are just like cartoonish as well with texture colours pixelled etc.
    I posted some pictures there http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15364167/#Comment_15364167 I hope you'll understand my issues more. Just look at the grass, the brown jacket,even my simself skintones.
    I can't compare with a full high pictures because my game crash.
    I never say the sims 3 has got troubles itself , but in my computer and according to the few people I know who plays the sims 3 they have also troubles with dark colours and they have better computer than I. They told me the black skin of their afro/afro american sims looks too dark by night for instance.
    Mine it's not only the colourskin it's everything.
    I also never say the sims 4 is a better as gameplay, but for my current computer ts4 wins that's all as ts2 wins too.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    edited November 2016
    @Simsophonique Yes, the graphics in your game are clearly low. I've played Sims 3 on medium settings for two years by the way and it really never bothered me back then. Didn't know any better I guess, couldn't go back now ;) My game in 2010:

177472685.jpg

But I'd say it was rather sharpness than the colours that looked worse. I started playing this game in 2010 (apart from 5 weeks in 2001;)), so I didn't experience Sims 2 before I had a chance to get the Ultimate Collection in 2014. I'm in fact quite impressed by its graphics, considering it's a 2004 game.

012_zpsb86638af.jpg

Sims 2 is really bad on low settings as well though, I discovered when I installed it on my new computer and the game didn't recognize the graphic card at first. I'm under the impression Sims 4 has the smallest difference between low and high settings, so I can understand why that's a big pro for players with low end computers.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited November 2016
    Is this even a question? OF COURSE TS3 has a more realistic town; it had a much more realistic style in comparison to TS4! Also, Isla Paradiso on max settings is freaking beautiful!

xislaparadiso.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LIZWFSCoC7.jpg
    (Trust me, it looks even more beautiful when you're actually playing with it and you can see the water flowing!)

God bless my new laptop and it's beautiful, beautiful graphics card! ;)
    edited November 2016
    @JoAnne65 Indeed for the sims 2 and I know why people also tends to like the sims 4, the graphism appears better for many of low computers. But the water in the sims 3 is to die for and the auroras in the sky , etc etc . Too bad my computer wastes everything.
    I used to play on medium too but currently it's no more possible.
    I heard the sims 4 is light as game it doesn't take a lot of ram I don't know if it's true but it helps low computer as I have to play with decent graphism. After I don't possess the game to tell you if there is a difference between LQ and HQ in ts4 so I trust you.

To me ts3 is as cartoonish as ts4 so there is absolutely no difference especially I even can't have the neighbohours full, the grass is no longer exists and the sky by night all the colours are not mixed in my game.
    However if i got a beast computer, as an alienware or any other gaming computer, I sincerely rather like the sims 3.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @DarkSuperNinja - what kind of laptop do you have?
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited November 2016
    aricarai wrote: »
    @DarkSuperNinja - what kind of laptop do you have?
    @aricarai I have this smexy thing: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Notebook-i7-6500U-Processor-GeForce/dp/B01HIWOP26/ref=pd_lpo_147_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y3ZSCGG33R3HBAMNS2HQ
    (at the time it was on discount for £799.99, so I went £100 over my budget for this beautiful thing)

It's not a super duper God laptop, but I primarily bought it for Photoshop and Illustrator (and to use with my graphics tablet) because my potato desktop can barely handle the internet at this point (and Macbooks make me cry inside, so I wasn't spending over £1000 on one of them)! xD Luckily, it can play TS3 with ease too, so it's an added bonus! xD
    Thank you - I'll take a look as I'm in the market for a new laptop. I like to upgrade every couple of years. I have a Samsung at the moment but I'm thinking of switching to alienware!
    edited November 2016
    @DarkSuperNinja: perhaps your laptop is not a beast but according to the few I know , photoshop and illustrator needs a decent computer especially if you're a pro at using a lot of plugin.
    @aricarai: i don't think alienware is the choice number one to play. Okay for the design and the alien face who bright at night ^_^ to die for but every similar computers are good too especially if you bring it up yourself with authorized repairers.
    @Simsophonique - I'm always open to suggestions. Do you have any alternatives?
    edited November 2016
    aricarai wrote: »
    @Simsophonique - I'm always open to suggestions. Do you have any alternatives?

@aricarai Not in my own knowledge but you can always ask this to computer repairmen shop. They'll can help you to "put upt" your own gaming computer.
    At least if you're curious you also can see at can you run it "click" ? They have got a list of gaming computers.
    We only have the choice. Afterwards if you are a fan of aliens, I can't stop you to afford an alienware.