Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eight Cicadas: An Immortal Dynasty (Special Update, 4/1)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I heard y'all liked Harwood and Harwood-related feels:

A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    We're back on the air!

Chapter 76: The Rain Poured Hard

Living in the city full-time wasn’t agreeing with Franco as much.

No preview image, but I do have an outtake:

tgR7XlV.png

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm not scheduling chapters for next week (Thanksgiving is always busy for me, and there's work stuff right before it...I don't have too much written in-advance right now :p), but I'm finishing this week off with my three favorite characters:

OmXAfR7.jpg

“Huh…I wonder if she’ll stay there all night,” Samira said.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Hey-o! I'm not gonna turn this into my third screed against burnout, but boy isn't burnout fun? I nap for hours at a time now. I honestly don't know where my story is going. And please don't ask me about The Chains of Lyra or the Glaise Dynasty.

But I did some relaxing aging up/makeovers this week, which is progress because it's coming up in a few chapters! People grow older, or just get haircuts.

Main Adult Crew (TRUE SPOILERS)
    DzZukE5.png

Stranger danger! I'll be taking bets and speculation as to who our long-haired man of mystery is and what he does. All I can say is that he's Aleksy from Wind City and has piercings in places you can't see. ;)

Technically, no one has aged up here. Seng and Pansy are very close to full adulthood, but it made them look a little too old. Do remember that we've mostly seen Pansy dressed as a professional. In her spare time, she has waaaaay more freedom to honor her Indian heritage.

I'm not 100% sold on this lot (mostly on Hannah...just wait for me to change her hair again), but they're a solid five.

Annette and Amy
    xdSgq6a.jpg

Annette has officially become an old maid...she's older than Amy and hasn't been as nice to her body, but she was already looking kind of rough. Annette has always been one of my favorite elders, though. Her face always lends itself to sweet, motherly expressions that look perfect on an older woman. We'll see how much of that we get vs. her being drunk on her face.

Amy just went a little more grey. It's a dignified kind of silver, though. :)

The Teens
    MemWOgi.png

PGejcAd.png

I already showed them off in the Writer's Lounge, but whatever.

Samira and Julian get to become a little more of their own people. If you can't tell, I love plaid and I love stripes. ;) Samira's interesting. I always planned for her to be round and cuddly like Bill and Franco, and I swear I kept it at all ages, but something got mixed up when I made her as a child. I wondered why she didn't look that fat at all as a kid, and what a shock, I must have thinned her out by mistake! Aging up a surprise thin Samira was weird. But fixing it in CAS was easy.

Julian got the absolute worst of those sour Bull and Takasugi genes. I originally made him as a young adult, and he aged down to be a cute toddler and child, but as a teen? What happened to my adorable little redhead?

The Kindles (Bonus!!)
    nmZ6GzR.jpg

hZemdYW.jpg

Kind of sad how Benji and Youa's little family was my favorite to makeover. Maybe this is me crying out for the opportunity to write a normal family. And Mari is the sweet, loving child I'd give up my nasty childfree attitudes for.

Photos taken in his mums' old house, which he'll inherit whenever tough old Blaise bites the dust.

I'm just not sure who I like more. This muffin:

GcDsMrt.jpg

Or the new Harwood Benji:

ukGoye0.jpg

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Ok, so do you watch StyxHexenHammer on YouTube? That's who the long-haired guy looks like!

I still think Julian looks awesome. My boss's teen soon has those same expressions sometimes. You can just tell he's thinking, "Adults are 🐸🐸🐸🐸."

And yes... the new Benji is really gorgeous! Such soulful eyes! The whole family is amazing... see? That's what love does!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea: I had to look him up, but the resemblance is uncanny! Though I also swear I've known at least five guys who look like Styx. :p This sim was mostly constructed out of mugshots of Polish criminals. It's a weird tip for making sims of certain ethnicities, but find articles about criminals from that group. Criminals tend to be pretty average-looking. Seng was made from mugshots too.

Chances are that Julian is going to be a defiant little brat like his dad was. It's that or beleaguered and bullied like teenage Harwood. Maybe both. :(

Don't let Benji's devilishly handsome looks fool you. He's a menace to find good hairs and glasses for. His forehead is big (thanks...both parents!) and his eyes are a little low on his face. So a lot of long custom hairs betray his forehead, and a lot of glasses are too high up on the face. I can at least say, for a fact, that he didn't pass it down to Mari. She just looks good in everything. <3

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    They all look really great! I love Julian's look! He's sombre and cute. Also Mari is so adorable! And Benji; that hair and those eyes are amazing! Like I said, I love all of their looks!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    They all look really great! I love Julian's look! He's sombre and cute. Also Mari is so adorable! And Benji; that hair and those eyes are amazing! Like I said, I love all of their looks!

A late thanks! I did a CC purge and need Benji's glasses back though.

---

DQMuhWh.png

“So...I’m getting the biggest slice.”

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Putting this on another official Hiatus (tm). Somehow I can't look at my own story without feeling kind of ill.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I have a very special Eight Cicadas update:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    LostxDestinyLostxDestiny Posts: 1 New Member
    I came across this story and have been really wanting to read it, but seems you need an invitation on wordpress? I think I requested one, but is there something else I should do, or is it just closed? :0-) Looks like an awesome read!
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Same here. I was looking forward to binge reading this story when I read @CathyTea 's great review about it (ok not review, but how amazing the story is.) @InfraGreen I hope you manage to overcome your feelings. I'm sure its a great read if it can shift mindsets and break biases.