Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Design Julia's wedding dress CAS contest! Gifting done, Feedback page 9 :)

Comments

• Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2015
    I was indeed. Especially to see beeing picked for the wedding dress, I hope we will see some screenshots of the wedding ceremony and everyone in their beautiful attire.

@ADWilson
    Thank you very much dear for the gifts and kind words <3 !
    After this amazing prize I will indeed redecorate my house, I am pretty bad building ones myself (you could say my fingers are all thumbs). But I love even more to furnish and decorate them.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm secretly hoping for a few wedding pics as well! It would be great to see everything come together in game :)
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,276 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've been going through set after set and everything is so cheap! How come it's always so expensive when I'm buying? I'm still trying to find a few things that won't take hours to gift out. Eish!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okay, here we go. As I achieved two separate prizes (Oh dear. "Achieved". I'm starting to sound formal) I'll just separate them...
    @ADWilson
    Kan ek asseblief hierdie goed kry? (Sorry, couldn't resist. Afrikaans is such a casual language)
    Anyway...
    • Understated
    • Flowered Crown
    • Feeling lucky
    • Magical double bed (number 22 on my wishlist)
    • Sashay (number 16 on my Wishlist)
    • Alight
    • Bridal bouquet (number 33 on my w/list)
    @Rockleyfamily
    • Mmmmmm! Cupcakes! (Number 31 on my wishlist)
    • The Tux (number 45 on my Wishlist)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Okay, here we go. As I achieved two separate prizes (Oh dear. "Achieved". I'm starting to sound formal) I'll just separate them...
    @ADWilson
    Kan ek asseblief hierdie goed kry? (Sorry, couldn't resist. Afrikaans is such a casual language)
    Anyway...
    • Understated
    • Flowered Crown
    • Feeling lucky
    • Magical double bed (number 22 on my wishlist)
    • Sashay (number 16 on my Wishlist)
    • Alight
    • Bridal bouquet (number 33 on my w/list)
    @Rockleyfamily
    • Mmmmmm! Cupcakes! (Number 31 on my wishlist)
    • The Tux (number 45 on my Wishlist)

Thanks for the very helpful list of lovely items! ALL have been gifted to @rosey1579
  • Options
    And on that note... all my sponsored prize winnings have been gifted.

This was lots of fun and I am sure there will be a wedding or two in my game with Sims wearing some of these beautiful dresses ;)
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Thank you @Rockleyfamily! :blush: I would like to get some feedback.

If I could have these items from my Wishlist:

Quelle Heure Clock
    Clamtastic
    Messenger Brogues
    The Marie Antoinette

And @ADWilson, could you gift something from this Wishlist with the rest of the points :wink:

Thanks for hosting and thanks for sponsoring!

Gifted the items you want hun, you still have 150sp left, let me know if you want anything in particular of if you want random items from WL.

I'll post feedback to you in a pm later on today hun xxx :)
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    @Rockleyfamily, do I? I thought I counted they make exactly 300 points :) Thank you for gifting them!

@ADWilson, I trust you make good choices :wink: But now that there's a chance to ask, is it easyer to gift items from a list, where the points have been counted already, or just pick something freely but do the counting by one's self?
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Oops, I realized I posted the comment I was writing on my phone and the rest of the stuff were too long to write down with it :D

I forgot these:
    Le Cirque Noveau - Fire Eater Hairstyle
    Le Cirque Noveau - Human Cannonball Hairstyle
  • Options
    @ADWilson, I trust you make good choices :wink: But now that there's a chance to ask, is it easyer to gift items from a list, where the points have been counted already, or just pick something freely but do the counting by one's self?

@Silvakristiina

Thanks for trusting me to make good choices :smiley:

As for your question, I would have to say it depends - on the amount being gifted and how the prize is divided.
    1 - If the amount is small, I don't mind going in and gifting from the wishlist if I hadn't been told what to gift.
    2 - If the prize is larger, like say there is enough to choose between a couple of sets or venues, I prefer the person pick what they want but if they don't, then I don't mind going in and choosing.

IF they prefer something on the list then by all means please mention, because lists aren't always in order of preference. Being 1 on the list doesn't always mean that this is my fave followed by next favorite 2 followed by... you get the idea.

When gifting others your own prize winnings, people sometimes have specific items that they want so-and-so to get. That's fine because we as sponsors truly want the winners to have choice in what lovely new game goodies get given whether to themselves or to a friend. If there is no preference, but a list of please gift the following people... that's okay too.

My rule of thumb is to keep it as simple as possible for your sponsors. If math isn't your thing, please don't stress out over having to figure every single prize to the exact sp. Gifting should be fun. If you're close enough in your amount due to picking things we are good with it.

Here are a few of my less than pleasant sponsor moments:

I have sponsored a prize where 5 or more people were gifted and only a sp amount was given per person. So I got to go in many lists and do a lot of math because each list had items with smaller amounts on it. That wasn't fun because it was a larger prize being divided so I continually worried that my math was off and someone might get shortchanged.

I have sponsored where I had to gift something (don't remember exact amount) and the prize went to one person. All they had on their list were items with really small sp amount so I had to send them 20 or more gifts. That also wasn't fun.

I recently sponsored 500 and the person never came to thread to acknowledge prize so I didn't know if they wanted it themselves or was planning to share with friends. I sent messages to both of their walls (private message on this one) - did it several times, still nothing. I ended up asking the host a few days later and they told me to just gift the person. Another one where it took a lot of math to figure out how many items to toss their way and it was another large number of small sp items. To this day that person has never said boo about it, but I figure if you don't say a word then you have no choice in what you get or where it goes.

Sorry, I digress. My point isn't about the less than pleasant. Pardon my mini-rant. Moving on.

By keeping it simple for sponsors, then you ensure that those people will sponsor again :smiley:
    Hope my rather long-winded opinion helped.
  • Options
    Gifting is mostly done, just double checking on thing then it'll all be finished.

I'll post up some feedback for you guys during the week and I'll try my best to get into game this week to show you guys how the wedding party looks together. Can't wait for the wedding. :)

Thanks so much again guys for all the effort put in, the girls are gona look fab on the wedding and they will continue to look amazing with all their new outfits for every occassion coming up :)
  • Options
    I'll post up some feedback for you guys during the week and I'll try my best to get into game this week to show you guys how the wedding party looks together. Can't wait for the wedding. :)

Please don't stress yourself, there is no hurry. Though I guess we're looking forward to see the wedding as well! o:)

Thank you very very much dear for the amazing prize and gifts <3 !! (I'm sorry it were so many)

wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Hope you liked them Heledriel, hope you got to complete some sets with them, two fab sets. :)
  • Options
    FEEDBACK

Thought I'd pop a bit of feedback for each of you guys here. Gona go in order of when the entries came in to make it easier on my brain. :)
    All in all I was very impressed by all the effort and work done by everyone. I couldn't get over how different each style was. I'm so impressed with how so many of the outfits are different to outfits I would have chosen but they look soo well on the girls anyway. I seem to have been selling my poor girls short with not choosing some of these outfits. They'll be glad to have a few more choices in game now.

@okester
    Loved the colours chosen for Marlana's outfit. I also really liked the skirt/top combo, love finding new combos that look like dresses.
    Marlana would love how accessorised the outfit is, loads going on with it, the gloves were really cute.
    I would have loved to see outfits for the other two girls, I know time doesn't always allow for loads of entries though.
    My fave part of the outfit was the hat, very weddingy and Marlana looked great it in. I never normally put her in hats, I should try it out more. :)

@Heledriel
    The pics of the girls are fab, I don't have pose player in my game so I love when I see my girls in poses, I always think they look amazing.
    Shaniqua loves that colour and anything that resembles a princess dress, her hair is so pretty too, she'll get a lot of use out of this outfit.
    Marlana looked so grown up with the dress and hairstyle, I had forgotten about that dress in game, it's really pretty. The colour was fab too. I never usually put Marlana in pinks but it does look really well with her skin tone. She'll be wearing this dress to the next prom she goes to.
    Julia's dress is just fab. I love how it's not white, they're not the most traditional couple so the cream colour suits that. I love the fit of the dress too, another one I had forgotten about in game. Ty is gona be blown away when he sees her in this. I loved both of the hairstyles you gave me for her. Both are gorgeous, had a hard time choosing one :)

@MariTomKaulitZ
    Julia looked fab in that dress, I love the detail at the top of it, so pretty.
    I loved the hair style you chose for her, the flowers are do pretty ( her something blue)
    The pics you used for her are gorgeous, I really love seeing the girls in such pretty pics, :)

@snowdove58
    Shaniqua looooves her dress and her hairstyle. The pattern is gorgeous and so bright and the colours of the butterflies work so well with the white background. The hat is so cute too, I never usually use hats on Niq but she does look cute in it, might have to use it more. I wish that hat came with longer hair though, I'll get on to EA about it.
    I absolutely love Marlana's hair, she looks fab with it, it suits her so well. Her dress is fab too, love the red bow. She's thinking about wearing the dress to the bachelorette party, or on her next fancy date with her OMG totes super cuuute boyfriend. You accessorised her outfit so well too, she loves accessories.
    Julia's dress is lovely, I love the red details on it,it matches so well with the hair. I had seen that hair a good bit in game, I had always thought of it as more of something Kayla would wear, it never occurred to me that it could be bridal hair. It worked sooo well and is so pretty :) I can't wait to see it on her at the wedding :)

@Misscow1P
    Julia's dress and hair are so pretty. I love how you took her love for gardening and brought it into her wedding dress. It is such a pretty dress and the design you chose for it is fab.
    I ADORE Marlana's dress and the story that goes with it. You captured her personality perfectly with this, she would deffo alter her own dress to suit her more, hopefully Julia doesn't mind. The hair is lovely and suits the dress very well.
    I love the dress chosen for Niq, it's hard to find nice dresses for kids but this one is really pretty. the colours are fab too, she will love wearing it. Her hair is just so pretty. I can't believe I never used this style before, it suits her sooo well. I can't wait to see her wearing this on the day. :)

@rosey1579
    I'm so impressed with how closely you resembled the girls in game, you got the spot on, so close to the real versions. :) It must have taken you quite a while to get them so close, thank you so much for doing that.
    Julia's dress is lovely, I love the yellow on the top, white on the bottom. Yellow is a good colour for her, I'll have to remember that int he future for her. The long gloves are really elegant too, very pretty.
    I Love the ethnic outfit Marlana has, the skirt and top combo are so cute. The hat looks lovely on her too. I have a friend from SA who is learning isiXhosa, how do you say thank you?
    I never mentioned this but Niq looooooves fairies, she wishes she was one and hopes to one day have a bff who's a fairy. She has this dress in another colour and if it was up to her she would have worn that for the wedding... Julia wouldn't let her though ( to be fair the other fairy dress is a wreck, she wears it too much.) Niq has found the perfect loophole in this dress, she can be fancy and also be a fairy. The colours of the dress look so good with her skin tone too. Her hair is lovely, I had never considered recolouring plantsim hair, it turned out really well.

@Silvakristiina
    The colour scheme on the three girls looks really really, they look fab together. I love that hairstyle on Julia, it's so pretty. Her dress is fab too, I love the two tones on it, they colours look really well together. Thank you for adding the patterns to the entry too, they're gorgeous. The whole outfit came together really well.
    Marlana loves the dress, it's so pretty the desgin on it is fab, I love how you mixed with with white. She looks really grown up in it, you'd forget she was a teen.
    Shaniqua's dress is so pretty and so her. The style, the colours, the hairstyle are soo like her. She is gona love wearing this and making her friends jealous. :) The hairstyle is so pretty too, she looks lovely with it.

@blacksheba1973
    The overall colour scheme of the bridal party was lovely, so unusual and really thinking outside the box. I love seeing outfits in a different light and that's what I saw with your entries. They worked so well together.
    Julia looked fab with her hair tied back and the little hat, it's really cute. Her dress is lovely too, I love floor length dresses. The pattern in her dress was very pretty.
    Marlana's dress is one I hadn't thought could recolour to look cute. The style of the dress suits her so well, she'll deffo get the value out of it for other occassions.
    Shaniqua's dress is soo cute, she looks adorable in it. I looove the hairstyle, it's really pretty on her too. I'll have to make sure she wears her hair like that again soon because it looks lovely on her.

A massive thank you guys for all the effort and work you guys put in.
    I had soo much fun with this contest. I can't wait to get in game now and get all the wedding celebrations underway.
    First stop is bachelor and bachelorette parties!!!! Hopefully they survive them and make it to the wedding :)

• Options
    @Rockleyfamily thank you so much! I do tonnes of weddings in game, goldish yellowish whitish dresses always seem to look fabulous!
    BTW: "thank you" in Xhosa is "bulela"
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback @Rockleyfamily! I hope Julia will have an amazing wedding :)
  • Options
    I can only agree with my previous writers, thank you @Rockleyfamily for the kind and wonderful feedback!
    And to refer to your previous post, yes thanks to you I could complete both sets for free, which is wonderful, because I already could use both for my new project, I already had in mind.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Thanks so much for the nice compliments hon. I hope that Julia has the wedding of her dreams and a great reception to follow. be sure and snap some pics now. :wink: **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Thank you for the feedback Rockley. Actually I pictured Kayla helping her with her hair !!! :)
  • Options
    @rosey1579
    Bulela. xxx I'll have to keep that in mind about the gold and white combo, it turned out lovely.

@snowdove58
    Kayla does have to have some involvement in the wedding, hairstyling prob will be it. She'll have to make sure Julia looks appropriate for the day she officially joins the family.

I think I'll get time tomorrow to go into game and get some pics of the outfits all put together. :) WOOP
    Nearly wedding time :):)
  • Options
    In game at the mo... someone's having a birthday party!!!!! : )

PicMonkey%20Collage_zpsvjhvxalq.jpg
  • Options
    Just a few pics of the girls all dressed up. It took a while to convince Niq to stop sulking when she learned she couldn't wear her cowboy boots with her outfit, but we go there in the end.
    I'll take some more pics of the whole wedding party next time I'm in game. :)

Screenshot-657_zpsnaecpigg.jpg

Screenshot-654_zps6lkpxifg.jpg

Screenshot-656_zpslmf0fkev.jpg

Screenshot-668_zpsr84ls1uc.jpg
  • Options
    @Rockleyfamily

The ladies look lovely! Looking forward to seeing the wedding photos :smiley:
    I want the IF teddybear! Is that in your studio?
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    Thank you for the feedback! Also it's so exciting to see them in their outfits. I can't wait to see the wedding pictures :)
  • Options
    They look amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures :)