Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• ElphemeElpheme Posts: 24 New Member
    Hey! I would like to recommend a blog that features a bunch of historical-type CC. Idk if you already featured it or anything but I couldn't find a mention for it. I'm not able to post links because I am a newbie :P but it's at historicalsimslife dot blogspot dot fi. I've been using it a bunch for this challenge and thought others would like to check it out. :D
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Elpheme To avoid having a mile-long list of recommended mods/cc, I try to limit it to mods that fix things that the challenge depends on, and cc that adds time-appropriate versions of objects with special gameplay functionality (such as the grass toilet, notebook/typewriter computers, etc). From what I can see, HistoricalSimsLife mostly consist of cosmetic stuff like clothes, walls and objects that don't do much gameplay-wise, so for now, it does not seem worth linking it in the main post.

Still, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try and keep an eye on the site, and if I see a bunch of gameplay object variations appear, I might add it to the main post in the future :)
    34in38k.png
  • likely6likely6 Posts: 24 Member
    I was wondering, are we allowed to order seeds from planters? One of my sims built a planter so it brought the idea to my mind to ask.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Hey guys! I'm streaming Sims on twitch today, come show some support <3
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
    @likely6 There are no specific rules for ordering seeds, so it's up to your own judgement when you feel it's appropriate to allow yourself to do that. I would personally recommend not allowing it during the Prehistoric Era at least.
    34in38k.png
  • leiamoonleiamoon Posts: 10 New Member
    finally I reached the early civilization era! :D and I used all my money on the new house so they have to make furnitures and fishing XD
    @leiamoon Congrats :) How easy or hard did you think the goals for the Prehistoric Era were?
    34in38k.png
  • likely6likely6 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > @likely6 There are no specific rules for ordering seeds, so it's up to your own judgement when you feel it's appropriate to allow yourself to do that. I would personally recommend not allowing it during the Prehistoric Era at least.

I decided it would be too cheat-y and didn't go through with it. It would make things too easy since I know which plants to splice to get dragonfruit, and dragonfruit can net you a lot of money.
  • AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    @Elpheme The site you mentioned is really great. I was wondering if you knew of any others besides that?
  • leiamoonleiamoon Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > @leiamoon Congrats :) How easy or hard did you think the goals for the Prehistoric Era were?

The Anglerfish was the hardest for me but it was okay. I made 150 000 simoleon from woodwork and selling harvestes fruits and vegetables ( I didn't count the sold fish and some paintings-I kept the most of them because it was from reference and I used them decorations for the next era. I used the price of the sold fish for new toilet bushes :D ). I guess the goals were fair-not too hard and not to easy. :) I enjoyed that era so much!
    edited January 2016
    @leiamoon Hmm, did you earn the 150 000 easily, or did you have to work really hard for that? If you managed to do that easily in the first Era (as a few others have), I might need to increase it later.
    34in38k.png
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    @leiamoon Hmm, did you earn the 150 000 easily, or did you have to work really hard for that? If you managed to do that easily in the first Era (as a few others have), I might need to increase it later.

The goal, wasn't the hardest, I earned the rosebud achievement in the first Era.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I may end out doing this challenge, even though I am intimidated by it! :) If we use Windenburg, what size lot are we allowed to use? The 64x64 one?
    @UniSims Hmm, good to know. How much money did you end up earning during the Prehistoric Era? (everyone else who has finished that Era and remember how much they earned are also most welcome to let me know). I am beginning to suspect that I seriously underestimated the amount of money one can earn in one generation's time.

@LoveMeHateMe Go for it! The more that can help me test the challenge, the better it will become! :) And yes, the 64x64 lot is the one to use if you choose Windenburg.

Note though that I am currently experimenting with a major change to the first Era, which (if I decide to go with it) would split that Era in two, and also affect what lot you start on. It will be a while before I implement this change, however (if at all), but I thought I should let you know.
    34in38k.png
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2016
    Are we supposed to be paying bills in the prehistoric era? The child support payments are insane and I doubt there was a such thing at the time. Not too mention, no running water and electricity. I've paid a few but feel stupid doing it.
    I'm thrilled that you are thinking of splitting the prehistoric era in two. I feel like I need the guidance since that's what I've been doing.
    @johnny49 Sadly, there is no smooth way to disable bills without the use of mods, and since a lot of people do not want to use mods in their game, we will just have to live with paying bills during the Prehistoric Era for now. No one has been having trouble with money during the Prehistoric Era yet though (or at least, no one has told me they had trouble with money), so you should be all right.
    34in38k.png
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @cloudseeker thanks for checking out my stream the other day! I'm streaming again today if anyone is interested :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • ElphemeElpheme Posts: 24 New Member
    edited January 2016
    > @AlannahGreen said:
    > @Elpheme The site you mentioned is really great. I was wondering if you knew of any others besides that?

Hmm, not really. The only one I know of is sssvitlans's tumblr.
    All sims 4 tags > Themed CC
    They have a tag for various eras!
    edited January 2016
    Elpheme wrote: »
    > @AlannahGreen said:
    > @Elpheme The site you mentioned is really great. I was wondering if you knew of any others besides that?

Hmm, not really. The only one I know of is sssvitlans's tumblr.
    All sims 4 tags > Themed CC
    They have a tag for various eras!

@AlannahGreen and @Elpheme
    Check Johnny149Sims4history on tumbler. I have been collecting all the history related links I could find. There is a lot there. My main blog is Johnny149.
    Post edited by johnny49 on
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Just stopping in to say I've started the challenge. I decided to do it in Oasis Springs for two reasons: 1) I prefer the clothing my Sims can wear there, lol and 2) Because it's easier to collect and fish. I'm doing a sort of story - not at all serious - of the challenge as well. I will start posting tomorrow on my blog at LoveandPixels.tumblr.com if anyone would care to check it out :)

Oh and I downloaded the pool hygiene mod but it didn't work for me.
    @LoveMeHateMe Welcome, I hope you'll have fun :) I checked the mod page for the hygiene mod, and a few other people have also reported it not working, so one of the latest patches might have broken it. I'll look around and see if I can find a replacement mod, but in the meantime, just use a sink (only for hygiene purposes; no dishwashing, no upgrading, etc).

Let me know if you want me to add your blog to the main post :)
    34in38k.png
  • CheerfulTulipCheerfulTulip Posts: 13 New Member
    >@Cloudseeker said:
    >@johnny49 Sadly, there is no smooth way to disable bills without the use of mods, and since a lot of people do not want to use mods in their game, we will just have to live with paying bills during the Prehistoric Era for now. No one has been having trouble with money during the Prehistoric Era yet though (or at least, no one has told me they had trouble with money), so you should be all right.

Carl's guide has a cheat that does it: households.autopay_bills
    @CheerfulTulip It would seem that all that cheat does is just automatically pay the bills as soon as they arrive, it does not disable them. So, there would technically still be bills, you just wouldn't see them. Still, thank you for the suggestion, the help is appreciated :)
    34in38k.png
  • AlexxkaAlexxka Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2016
    How do I feed my prehistoric people without Outdoor Retreat? A little help :confused:
    I know you are recommended to have it but the challenge is still interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top