Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frimlin's Creations - (NEW: Cleve Cottage - 50k Family Home)

Comments

• SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    I love starter homes too, actually all small homes, starter or not. Your English Country is amazing - I'm impressed how much interesting detail you were able to include plus furnished and still keep it in a starter budget. Love the garden too, the landscaping is very nice! Just followed you in the gallery, you have some great stuff in there too.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
    edited April 2015
    Having my coffee atm, it seems that is teh only time i have atm to do anything sims related atm :(:(:( I missed 2 of your builds as i see - both are very lovely...... I have to say the English Country Starter is absolutely beautiful..... the wall coverings you chose are perfect the roof colour and the "roof thingy" around the roof (yep coffee hasn't gone through my whole system yet, so brain not fully functional yet....forgot the word for the "roof thingy" :D:D ) is perfectly choosen by you. But what is most beautiful is the landscaping - it fits so perfectly well. Even the placement of the grass .... I can just feel the breeze making the grass and flowers sway gently back and forth. Very beautiful! :)
    Lari...........off for another coffee...... :D

p.s forgot to say i might not have time to fav. it in the gallery atm.....but i will do it once i got time :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    English Country - Starter is very gorgeous starter! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very rustic and Medieval. Great roofing work too! Your landscaping is very adorable! I like the garden out front and even at the back. And your furnishing, beautiful! I like on how you use traditional furnishing in your build. And overall, you masterfully managed this to cost less than 20K. Very cool! B)
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    English Country Starter is BAM! The curb appeal alone is a stunner! Great work on this, @Frimlin!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Your showcase is fantastic, I've really enjoyed looking through. Your builds are fabulous designs with great architecture and beautiful landscaping :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I love your English Country starter! The roof work is so nicely done, and there’s a real sense of authenticity about the overall architecture. The wall coverings you’ve chosen really suit the style, and provide a nice sense of depth and interest as well. I love the landscaping - it looks so realistic, and again, it really fits the style and the overall theme of the lot. It's very charming, inside and out, and the interior looks really cozy and inviting. Overall I really think it’s a perfect little starter, and provides a nice beginning for a new sim. :)
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    English country starter is a beautiful home! I love the architecture, the roof and the brick! Good job! :D
  • FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you very much @rosemow @kristinemancuso @Larifari2009 @RyeCris16 @Ash072 @masajo @islarosexiv and @yanti68 :)

It's very kind of each of you to say such nice things - it's comments like yours that keep me doing this! (Also... kinda happen to like the game too! hahah!)

Sorry I've not replied earlier, I had busy week at work and my mum is visiting for 2 weeks.
    Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
    The Poolside - Starter

I really like making starter houses! Here's my latest. So I figured something a bit more modern would be better this time, to contrast the English Country starter. So here's The Poolside - a modern starter featuring bright colours, a small pool, and a bar (amongst other things!) Start your sims out as they mean to continue!

Download: http://goo.gl/iwLQQ6

NboeVhY.jpg
    7bJKTAD.jpg
    1MnjDPr.jpg
    83ljimM.jpg
    JSIriWA.jpg
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The Poolside is a very nice starter! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the windows on the roof, and the windows on the front exterior are nice for sims to enjoy looking out through at the outdoors views whilst indoors. The white flowers and the cactus and rock garden areas in the front of the lot look nice. Nice umbrella covered sitting area for sims to enjoy chatting at the table in the sunshine. Nice pool nook. It looks very nice the type of fencing that you have placed on the edges of the pool. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The colours of the interior walls look colourfully nice! Nice blue and grey colour scheme of the kitchen. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, looking out through the windows at the views. The marble flooring looks very nice. The red coloured bedhead wall looks nice, and the way you have the circled wall pattern strip behind the bed gives a nice look. The enlarged lady bird picture on the wall looks nice with the colour scheme of the room. The grey wooden flooring is nice with the red wall. The purple colour scheme of the living room and the green coloured bathroom walls looks nice.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Poolside is great! I will remember to fav and download when I get home!
    5sXtTqH.png
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Poolside is a very nice starter! :)
    Ash072 wrote: »
    Poolside is great!

Thanks @rosemow and @Ash072! Unfortunately doesn't seem to have much interest on the Gallery. Sometimes I am really confused about that and left clueless about what I could do to get a better reaction. Any tips appreciated (even if it's just "Don't fret, Frimlin, you're worrying over nothing!") :D

E9fDd6Q.png
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I don't tend to download off the gallery (too busy making my own weird boxes for my sims), but due to not being able to choose the main screenshot probably means designing for "street appeal" as much as anything else. That said *big hug* "Don't fret, Frimlin, you're worrying over nothing!" Your houses are lovely and your creativity with them is quite fascinating to me (it's interesting to learn new things about old friends), but the most important thing is you having fun building them :blush:

P.S. my most recent house is built entirely underground. Even the rocket bay is recessed two floors below ground level, lol.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    I don't tend to download off the gallery (too busy making my own weird boxes for my sims), but due to not being able to choose the main screenshot probably means designing for "street appeal" as much as anything else. That said *big hug* "Don't fret, Frimlin, you're worrying over nothing!" Your houses are lovely and your creativity with them is quite fascinating to me (it's interesting to learn new things about old friends), but the most important thing is you having fun building them :blush:

P.S. my most recent house is built entirely underground. Even the rocket bay is recessed two floors below ground level, lol.

Thank you, @Frogprincess_q! You're right... think I just felt a bit low when I woke up today but I'm feeling much more normal now. :)
    E9fDd6Q.png
    edited April 2015
    Tudor Regency - Starter

I couldn't resist returning to the mock Tudor style! This time I've completely remade an old starter of mine: remodeled the walls and doors, moved rooms around, totally re-did the furniture, and made a new garden where before there was none. Here's the result!

(Oh and by the way... it has 3 bedrooms (1 for kids, 1 master with ensuite, and one secondary double bedroom) PLUS two bathrooms! Can you believe it's a starter?)

Download: http://goo.gl/SxbfZJ

iRqc05s.jpg
    uTIgJof.jpg
    Zkq36aY.jpg
    g8eJ6PV.jpg
    IeU3T4p.jpg
    Post edited by Frimlin on
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Tudor Regency is a very nice starter! :) The design of the exterior is so very nice! The roofing is so very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior. It looks nice how you have placed the windows. The enlarged lavender and plants looks very pretty in the front garden. Nice curved front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there, enjoy having a chat in the outdoors air. It looks very nice how you have done the front curved paved pathway! The big rocks either sides of the pathway are a nice touch. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! It is great that you have three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the starter home!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I love that wild, overgrown lavender :lol: It's one of my favourite plants. And I'm glad you're feeling better :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    The starter cottage is so pretty! Loving the roof and the deck area. :D
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your two new starters are very amazing in awesome price! :smiley:
    * The Poolside - Starter - Amazing architecture, lovely landscaping, and colorful interior.
    * Tudor Regency - Starter - I already left you a comment on Twitter and even at the gallery! Gorgeous architecture, lovely landscaping, and beautiful interior.
    I love them! I already added these to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
    @Frimlin - a beautiful good monring and big congratulations on your first Maxis fav for your beautiful English Country Starter. I am so happy for you :)

Your Tudor Regency Starter is another pretty build - I already commented on twitter and in the gallery but forgot to leave a message here.

Have a wonderful day
    Lari :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

edited April 2015
    Thank you @rosemow and @Larifari2009! I only just realised a few minutes ago and I am still kinda in shock. :D

Went to bed with a very satisfying 600 or so downloads on English Country - Starter, just as it came to the end of being on the 7 day Gallery filters, then I woke up and there's almost 1000 downloads and more incoming as I type!

Now I am scared I'm a one-hit wonder though. :D hahaha... can anyone ever be truly content or do our goals always move to adapt? :D
    E9fDd6Q.png
    Congrats on the Maxis fav! Well deserved! :D
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Maxis fav! Well deserved! :D

Thanks!
    E9fDd6Q.png