Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars - Ep VII and general nerd out thread!

CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
So,

I'm sure more than a few of you are hiding out there, cloaked in the guise of a normal Simmer.

I didn't see a Star Wars thread and the gaming thread isn't a suitable place to gush.

The 2nd trailer for the new trilogy's first movie got released today alongside the Star Wars celebration going on at Disneyland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Thoughts? I know many people, myself included, sometimes still feel raw over many of the mistakes made in regards to Star Wars in recent years, both from the prequels and generally shoddy games that have borne it's name.
y9UdOhq.png
"My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2015
    I do look forward to it. Give me another two weeks and I'll be fully on board! As long as they don't reveal any dialogue like what was going on between Anakin and Padme. I don't want to hear about sands and I don't want to hear about sharing their love at the lakehouse at Naboo, either.

Edit: so, speculations on who the Padme-looking gal is in the trailer? I'm guessing it's Leia and Han's daughter....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Lucas's handling of love scenes in the prequels was really one of my biggest grumps/groaning points. Jar Jar was rectified due to fan outcry past Ep 1 and actually became a good fixture in the Clone Wars series.

But yes, even with whatever inevitable romance will spin up, let's hope JJ doesn't commit that cardinal sin and based on his movie history, I think we're pretty safe.

The trailer really cemented so many of the awesome vibes and feels that the original movies did plus giving us some wicked "Wut is that?!" moments, such as the Chrome Trooper, the new Empire/Sith symbolism, etc.

My favorite part though besides the opening shot was definitely the new TIE Fighters and the chase scene through the destroyed SD.

Edit: If they hold close to the original canon in any way, I'm still banking on that girl being the offspring of Leia. I also get the feeling she's going to be closely attached to Boyega's character (the black stormtrooper) as well.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I do look forward to it. Give me another two weeks and I'll be fully on board! As long as they don't reveal any dialogue like what was going on between Anakin and Padme. I don't want to hear about sands and I don't want to hear about sharing their love at the lakehouse at Naboo, either.

Edit: so, speculations on who the Padme-looking gal is in the trailer? I'm guessing it's Leia and Han's daughter....

it could be leia's and luke's daughter... or wait, that's what happens in the sims.
  • Options
    Something else interesting to note, as someone who follows the (now non-canon) EU, that Sith sure looks a lot like Darth Revan. Inspiration or direct pull I wonder?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Something else interesting to note, as someone who follows the (now non-canon) EU, that Sith sure looks a lot like Darth Revan. Inspiration or direct pull I wonder?

Well, the "supposed" rumor is that this is like some outcast force individual who's part machine that took up the ideals/mantle of the Sith. Kylo Ren is the name and I do love the total Revan vibes he gives but I doubt he's going to be anything like Revan.

And it kind of bums me that even Revan is no longer canon :(
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

Well, the "supposed" rumor is that this is like some outcast force individual who's part machine that took up the ideals/mantle of the Sith. Kylo Ren is the name and I do love the total Revan vibes he gives but I doubt he's going to be anything like Revan.

And it kind of bums me that even Revan is no longer canon :(

I know. I'm sure these will be good but I had always hoped if they had done a sequel trilogy they'd gone with the Thrawn trilogy. It's interesting that given it was the first three of the books to be released for EU, it's still (IMO) the best three.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited April 2015
    I cannot wait. :smiley:
  • Options
    @jcp011c2 - I agree with you there about the Thrawn trilogy. Man, that was great.

I also still love the Old Republic arc, even if I don't like the current direction they're moving with Revan in the new xpack canon.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    So apparently the Chrome trooper is a female named Captain Phasma and played by Gwendoline Christie (She's Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones) - pretty awesome if accurate :D
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    were revan and malak lovers? and why does revan's gender keep changing on the internet when i google?
  • Options
    were revan and malak lovers? and why does revan's gender keep changing on the internet when i google?

Revan's gender is chosen by the player in the original game - but the canon Revan is a male.

And no Malak and Revan were not lovers, just bros before dark side "hos" drove them apart.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    Man, that Binary Sunset theme always gives me goosebumps. Also, Chewie's looking remarkably well-preserved.
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

Revan's gender is chosen by the player in the original game - but the canon Revan is a male.

And no Malak and Revan were not lovers, just bros before dark side "hos" drove them apart.

bros like these guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asz8Y2cC7qo
  • Options
    Star Wars Episode VII. The only trailer reveal from this week that matters. >:)
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    i'm SO excited!!!!!!! fave movies
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I am super excited I cannot wait to see the movie.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif