Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    I didn't know that there was some sort of monument outside the science lab.

12-17-22_2-41-06-pm.png
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    CatSimer wrote: »
    If you want to check if sim is pregnant without pregnancy test, go to their stats, where the age meter is and hover over next life stage (for ex. adult). In case of pregnancy, it'll say that pregnant sims are unable to age up.

I find that so irritating. Why don’t pregnant Sims age?? The first thing I did when I downloaded MCCC ages ago was to allow pregnant Sims to age.

They probably needed to prevent a sim from turning into an elder while pg.
    A friend just showed me that there were some kind of strange scarecrow that could be bought from buy mode and placed into a garden. Apparently if your sims interact with it enough, it comes alive and takes care of the garden, I had no clue

You can also woohoo the scarecrow if you get high enough relationship meter, and add to your household, habe kids with the scarecrow etc.

One time I did that and the scarecrow was model gorgeous once I changed his clothes and saw his human sim form. Not sure if they all look the same or are different Sims each time.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2023
    You can also woohoo the scarecrow if you get high enough relationship meter, and add to your household, habe kids with the scarecrow etc.

One time I did that and the scarecrow was model gorgeous once I changed his clothes and saw his human sim form. Not sure if they all look the same or are different Sims each time.

Oh really? Do we get specific achievements/moodlets for that? Like when Sims woohoo with ghosts? Or is there a special gardening trait for the kids like Father Winter's babies? I can't wait to try it now, I haven't taken the time yet lol
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't like adding Patchy (the scarecrow) to the household because his personality is weird. They pick three traits at random, and they aren't necessarily personality traits. When my sim married Patchy, his personality was Proper Dastardly Chopsticks. He also turns out to be a pretty boring looking sim in a costume, and he makes unremarkable babies. As long as he's an NPC he always has his costume on, so you can imagine that he's an occult. He's a fun NPC though.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    Too bad most of the special NPCs in weird costumes are just that: sims in weird costumes. Even the skeletal Bonehilda turns into a regular woman with skin and hair and everything the moment she decides to take a bath.

One of my played spellcasters, who is herself the daughter of the Grim Reaper, had intimate encounters with a Sulani elemental, Father Winter, and Patchy. While the latter's child turned out more handsome than expected, he was indeed the most unremarkable of the bunch. The other two at least inherited special traits from their fathers.

The family tree of that witch is pretty crazy, though, and I'm thinking about which special NPC she should have a baby with next. Or should the elemental daughter reproduce with Father Winter, so that their offspring has even more special reward traits? And what would happen if an alien got mixed up in it, too? So many possibilities...
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Did you know that when you shift-click a sim and got into sim info, and through the menu you can add a lot of the traits from the game, plus some from mods? Pretty sure the shift click is just a base game feature. I use it to get the recipes unlocked from the packs. And found it, "add trait/remove trait".
    I don't know of other people know about it already. They probably do. But I only ever heard mention of shift clicking to get the recipes, and recently the pie menu changed. Which is how I ended up over clicking and finding that in the first place.

If people know already that's fine. But it helped me make sims Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hounds. So they can eat all the foods without failing all the time. And means if I randomly pick a meal thinking it sounds nice, they don't burn their tongues.

Other traits are there too. Like the one for Sulani Mana and stuff. So if you wanted a sim to be like the estranged family member of Father Winter or something, without having to wait til Winterfest, you have options.
    Only issue is it's not multiselect. So you have to add each one, and go back through the whole menu. But that's not too bad. Especially if you only need a few.

Want a top notch toddler, but they are starting as a child sim? Or have a teen sim, who missed out on all the benefits of the aspiration rewards. No need to type it all out, just click a few times. And you're good.

Went to check it out in my unmodded game. Didn't find it.

Would be cool if it was in game, but unfortunately it's typing for unmodded folks...
    I'll put the link to the list of traits here. After all, there's a lot.

Yeah for shift-click pretty sure you need testing cheats enabled sorry. I have it set to always be enabled in my game, and to make sure all odd cheats still work. I forgot to mention that part bc now all I do is just shift-click. But I'm fairly certain it's not from a mod. Because when I was trying to remember how to find the recipe unlocks and went to discord for my mod support, it turned out to be a feature of the game itself. It's just that the mods use game features to work. So their traits are also in there.

Nope, its def from mods. MCCC added it (as well as some other mods). When I remove my mods, it removes that feature and you have to manually type it. Remove your mods, restart your game and you will see its gone. Shift click (with testing cheats enabled) will still work of course, but the tab that lets you select all the traits and set skill levels will be gone.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    I found out the other day that if you have at least one alien spouse, they can erase the other person’s memory so that their relationship is completely gone, including their marriage 😳. I had to get my sims remarried because one of them (they’re both aliens but as I wasn’t controlling them at the time, I have no idea which one of them was the culprit) erased the memory of the other just before the birth of their last child 🤦‍♀️.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2023
    I had no idea the kids could sleep in the tent together! Luella and Luca are twins. One of their dogs, Tessa, is sleeping nearby. :heart:

52641284176_1501917ceb_k.jpgsleeping in tent by Ashley H., on Flickr
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I had no idea the kids could sleep in the tent together! Luella and Luca are twins. One of their dogs, Tessa, is sleeping nearby. :heart:

Toddlers can also sleep in tents, and they find that much more restful than sleeping in the horrid toddler beds. (They gain energy at twice the rate sleeping in a tent, compared to a toddler bed.) This can come in very handy if you want more active time with your toddler to max out all their skills before they age up, especially if you're playing with default life stage length settings.
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2023
    I discovered today that bizarre plants do not play nice with other plants, if you try to graft them.

If you take a cutting from a bizarre plant, and graft it onto any other sort of plant, the new hybrid plant will produce only bizarre fruit. In this way, you can also get better than normal quality bizarre fruit. For instance, you can take a bizarre plant cutting, graft it onto a sage bush, and you'll end up with harvests of five bizarre fruit at the quality of the original sage bush.

In a similar sense, you can also get better than normal quality trash fruit, by taking a cutting of one and grafting it onto another plant. This doesn't have the same dominating effect as bizarre fruit, the new hybrid plant will produce the usual mix of produce.

I have no idea what use perfect bizarre or trash fruit is, but it can be produced in this way.
  • MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 328 Member
    I found out today that items other than actual bars count as the requirement for any lot type that needs a "bar". For example, the cafe counter from Get Together, the bubble tea counter from HSY, even the chocolate fountain from Wedding Stories. Basically anything listed under "Bars" in buy mode. (I guess I should have known they'd count, being listed under bars) The only problem is, the mixologist just stands outside the building. They won't tend the counter unless it's an actual bar. You can click on the counter and hire a vendor, if you pay. Also, if you're on PC, there's a mod by littlemssam to automatically hire the vendor for free.
  • DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    I just found out you can fence stolen goods in a retail store.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    The big tents can fit 4 sims, toddlers included. I went on a camping trip to the jungle w the kids !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Divapixie wrote: »
    I just found out you can fence stolen goods in a retail store.

O hey, this kinda makes me want to do another Homeless challenge. With a klepto who can only earn money by selling swiped items in their little totally-not-shady store.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Did you know the copy pasto spell doesn't work on jungle adventure relics. I rarely use this spell, except for rare collectibles that aren't plants. I could copy the crystal before it is joined but the relic itself didn't have the option. I suppose it is a way to make those relics more precious.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2023
    Did you know that Loyal sims can autonomously confront other sims about bullying when they're mean to their friends?
    vh1pOTZFYOQ.jpg?size=546x426&quality=95&sign=bfad1315d0b0965283c2a2fa1b7ff6dc&type=album
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Werewolf children who show up as NPCs at restaurants will autonomously howl while at the restaurant!!
    (or at least, werewolf children who have been taught to howl as toddlers. The child I observed had been so taught.)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Aaaand it happened again, this time with the other fragrance stick on the desk.

yoga-feuer035fja0.jpg

I don't know what it is with these things, I've used them in many other houses and spas over the years, and they never caused a fire before. Then again, maybe Rebecca is just secretly a pyro.

I believe it depends on the surface and if it's a flammable material.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    I discovered today that bizarre plants do not play nice with other plants, if you try to graft them.

If you take a cutting from a bizarre plant, and graft it onto any other sort of plant, the new hybrid plant will produce only bizarre fruit. In this way, you can also get better than normal quality bizarre fruit. For instance, you can take a bizarre plant cutting, graft it onto a sage bush, and you'll end up with harvests of five bizarre fruit at the quality of the original sage bush.

In a similar sense, you can also get better than normal quality trash fruit, by taking a cutting of one and grafting it onto another plant. This doesn't have the same dominating effect as bizarre fruit, the new hybrid plant will produce the usual mix of produce.

I have no idea what use perfect bizarre or trash fruit is, but it can be produced in this way.

Better quality Suspicious Fizz for more money (if made with bizarre fruit it also has bizarre fruit effects when consumed).

Trash fruit also counts as fruit in any recipe that needs Any Fruit, so the quality increases the quality of a dish. There are no bad moodlets from eating this fruit.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    CatSimer wrote: »
    If you want to check if sim is pregnant without pregnancy test, go to their stats, where the age meter is and hover over next life stage (for ex. adult). In case of pregnancy, it'll say that pregnant sims are unable to age up.

I find that so irritating. Why don’t pregnant Sims age?? The first thing I did when I downloaded MCCC ages ago was to allow pregnant Sims to age.

I hate that after 3 pregnancies my male (husband) is so much older than his wife.
  • PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 153 Member
    That the Space Energy Drink (which costs 100 Simoleans to make and is a promotion reward from being promoted to Planet Patrol) actually fills the energy need!

Also if you open a holiday cracker in the same room that another sim is sleeping in, they'll wake up and have a Rudely awaken angry moodlet.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2023
    I recently found out that (with Eco lifestyle ?) kids can dumpster dive and find toys. I was visiting the Art center in San Myshuno when for some reason clicked the dumpster next to the bar inside and for my suprise there was this option 😁
    Post edited by SanniSilli on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top