Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    In Windenburg there are small ancient wall segments that can be sat on like a bench and even used for napping. It took townies sitting on one to make me see this, and they are well hidden among the ruins.
    The cake is a lie
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I didn't know that Mahi'ai has over a million simoleons and Father Winter has half a million!! Also the sages have 50k simoleons each, instead of the regular 20k that other homeless have...

I've figured this out because i have moved this sims into homes for the first time 😅
    @texxx78 can you Nalani into a human?

Yes you have to give her a mermadic kelp. Since she is allready a mermaid she will lose her powers instead of getting them as she would otherwise.
    @kostasmpi interesting! I still haven’t found her in my game yet,

For the mermadic kelp you have to search on the cave on mua pelham. You can also buy it from the rewards stote for 500simoleons.
    Nalani you can find her on the unplayed households if you filter sulani.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    If you die at sea, Grim turns up in snorkeling gear.

Yes he does. ( Profile pic 😅)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    This.

LXqletd.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Parenthood pack specific, but I'm guessing these interactions are sibling specific? I noticed that these sisters have the option to bring up embarrassing childhood memories and do a secret handshake, things I haven't noticed in the options when playing unrelated sims.

5kJg8NM.png

The handshake animations make laugh though lol
    lPuIMSN.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Children do not encounter the monster under the bed if they sleep in a double bed.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Parenthood pack specific, but I'm guessing these interactions are sibling specific? I noticed that these sisters have the option to bring up embarrassing childhood memories and do a secret handshake, things I haven't noticed in the options when playing unrelated sims.

5kJg8NM.png

The handshake animations make laugh though lol
    lPuIMSN.png

Yep, there’s way more to Parenthood than a lot of people know. Those seeking depth, especially in family play really should try utilizing this pack and raise sims from birth.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Yeah, thats what I like most about having families in the game.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited April 2021
    I didn't know trash chutes can get stuck and your Sims have to "fix" it.
    oZ0XjJP.png?1
    yPTNPW1.png?1
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Children do not encounter the monster under the bed if they sleep in a double bed.

True and good of you to share. I used to do that when I played Sims4, because the monster was often more hassle than I wanted in my game. On the other hand, sometimes kids can make friends with the monster and that's pretty cool too.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    In the James Turner YouTube videos I saw him purchase night lights to keep the monsters away.
    The cake is a lie
    You can do homework and have a conversation at the same time, and if the two are sitting on a couch, the one that will do homework will move to the floor.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    Multitasking at its best. I didn't know you could watch tv and vacuum.
    multitasking.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    I didn't know trash chutes can get stuck and your Sims have to "fix" it.
    oZ0XjJP.png?1
    yPTNPW1.png?1

this happened to me too and i didn't even bother fixing it, my sim was already mad about something else so i had her chew the landlord's ear off about it instead :joy:
    // take me back to 2018.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited April 2021
    I didn't know that sims' interests affect their reactions to topics of conversation.
    Those friendly interactions that have little pictures next to them are unlocked by your sim's traits and skills. This I knew. What I didn't know is that if you choose one that also relates to a trait or skill of the sim you're talking to, that sim has a happier response and it builds relationship faster. And if you are lucky, you might even discover that that sim has that trait without having to use up a "Get to Know" charge. Or, if they don't have a relevant trait or skill, the interaction can fail and detract from your relationship, or the other sim might get a Bored moodlet.

This interest system is really cool, contributes nicely to personality and interactions, and it's a lot more seamlessly embedded than the Interests in Sims 2.

Also, I didn't know that in the Options screen there is a list of titles and artists for each song on the radio :) yay
    audio.png
    gen3-banner.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that sims' interests affect their reactions to topics of conversation.
    Those friendly interactions that have little pictures next to them are unlocked by your sim's traits and skills. This I knew. What I didn't know is that if you choose one that also relates to a trait or skill of the sim you're talking to, that sim has a happier response and it builds relationship faster. And if you are lucky, you might even discover that that sim has that trait without having to use up a "Get to Know" charge. Or, if they don't have a relevant trait or skill, the interaction can fail and detract from your relationship, or the other sim might get a Bored moodlet.

This interest system is really cool, contributes nicely to personality and interactions, and it's a lot more seamlessly embedded than the Interests in Sims 2.

Also, I didn't know that in the Options screen there is a list of titles and artists for each song on the radio :) yay
    audio.png

And the receptor in the conversation gains the relevant skill (of the interaction you used). I love that :)
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2021
    After 2 years, it's nice to start enjoying game again and I missed this thread a lot. :* So if you attend soccer team in Discover University, there is a chance that you're sim might be injured.

qawmToj.png
    I didn't know that either @texxx78 , thank you!
    gen3-banner.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sort of. I have my Kathryn & Chakotay couple & their home saved in the Gallery under Resolutions, from the ST Voyager episode. I also have my sim build version of ST Enterprise saved in the Gallery under Star Trek Enterprise. I'm a big Star Trek fan since the Star Trek Next Generations TV show. I also love watching, Commander Riker, Chakotay & Captain Archer. To me, they are the most handsome men. That's why I so love to make Star Trek homes in my sims. I always love to use the Get To Work, Strengerville, Realm of Magic & Journey To Batuu build modes & objects; they really, really come in handy. B)
    I just started watching that series with Captain Archer on Netflix.
    Thank you for the info. I have JTB, but haven’t done anything with it yet. Besides, I don’t do too much building myself. Having a Star Trek Enterprise home might be great for people I want to send to Batuu.
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    Found this some months ago and I was really surprised. In Discover University there is a lake in Britechester near the dorms of the Britechester University where sims can swim at, even without Island Living. :open_mouth:

HXctkjh.jpg

You might want to check out the lake or pond in snowy escape too. There is supposed to be a place to swim there too.
    Hearts4u wrote: »

At the night club. I didn't know that Sims will drink on the toilet.
    Drinking-on-the-Toilet.jpg

That’s how you know the are really soused! Lol
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I wish now I had taken a screenshot to share, but if you modify Grimmy in CAS and put on certain hats that are turbans, you get the treat of seeing a floating turban with an exposed empty polygonal part where the Sim head normally goes, with no head in it...except for a floating, disembodied tongue!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    That makes sense as the hood is the head mesh.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I didn't know, while it does make sense, that a maid keeps on 'sweeping up' the puddle a broken sink makes.

I had a maid mop for hours, and at last gave up.. :')
    A utili-bot can be electrocuted while repairing electronics!
    bot-electrocuted-by-repairing-electronics.png

@Lisamango0 yep, if the sink stays broken it will keep on spraying more water, and the poor maid will never be finished with her task!

gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top