Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Once you befriend the dust bunny it stays on the lot--you can move it I think in build/buy mode where you want it! I'm thinking of making a little "playpen" for it.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Hey thanks @telmarina ! I found out today that it works with other skill learning too. My toddler triplets appreciate being able to watch the brother who's being taught flash cards or whatever, and gain the skill along with him.
    gen3-banner.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hey thanks @telmarina ! I found out today that it works with other skill learning too. My toddler triplets appreciate being able to watch the brother who's being taught flash cards or whatever, and gain the skill along with him.

The wonders of having big families 😊
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I didn't know that toddlers can learn the potty training skill just by watching other toddlers potty training.

I didn't know that either! Interesting!

@mightysprite Hmm, something I'm going to watch more closely. I suppose that explains when autonomously a toddler "watches" someone doing something. Very cool!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I didn't know about the toddlers either. I've had one set of triplets who potty trained together and I never noticed that.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today i learned that we can vacuum the pieces that appear in the floor after repairing something.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Today I found out that evil dust bunnies causes fires soooo not all too wise to let my sim live in squalor unless they keep dust bunnies happy.

</3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@LadyKyn ... yeah, those little dust bunnies will burn it down.

I learned that you can use the handheld vac to give your toddler a little clean.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited March 2021
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I learned that you can use the handheld vac to give your toddler a little clean.

My sim has barely no money or furniture due to it. They true to their name FIENDS. :'(

If your home is super dirty and you're hiring a maid expect them to spend most of the time vacuuming, especially if you have more than one floor in the home because mine just clean lint tray, tossed some clothes in the wash and vacuumed. Had dishes and dirty toielts a plenty and their shift was already over. PFFFT.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »

My sim has barely no money or furniture due to it. They true to their name FIENDS. :'(

If your home is super dirty and you're hiring a maid expect them to spend most of the time vacuuming, especially if you have more than one floor in the home because mine just clean lint tray, tossed some clothes in the wash and vacuumed. Had dishes and dirty toielts a plenty and their shift was already over. PFFFT.

I suppose you could have a child or teen skip school and stay home cleaning all day. And if none, then have an adult or two that all they do is clean all day and night... :/
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member

I am currently playing a family with 2 sets of twins, so 4 toddlers at the moment (that'll make me think twice before I use the leyline lot trait again) . I will definitely try this to get their skill up. I hope to get all skills to level 3.

Last play session I noticed if one parent is reading a book to a toddler, the other toddlers can join in and listen to the story as well. So cute.

Did you know toddlers with the independent trait can use the potty without mastering the skill? They just want to prove they can do everything by themself I guess.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Kleptomaniacs can swipe plates of food.
    Forgot (or maybe I didn't notice) teens do have some different interaction animations with certain actions. Even when they gossip and flirt now (swear it wasn't at one point but maybe I'm mistaken???), also there awkward kissing with one having their hand going to low while the other teen pulls it back up into the safe zone amuses me. :p
    OC8SIeN.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I didn't know that dust bunnies could get angry and start fires O_O) Its eyes turned red!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I didn't know that dust bunnies could get angry and start fires O_O) Its eyes turned red!

I'm not buying that packlet, because even if the drudgery of running a vacuum cleaner appealed to me, those dustbunnies are like gnomes (and those 'unintelligent' ghosties) writ large: something to drop-kick out of my game.

But it hardly matters as I've pretty much abandoned Sims4, having rediscovered the all-important missing ingredient (gameplay) in Sims 3 again.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My sim played a game on console called Density Effect, the parody of Mass Effect 1. :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dogs can eat their own poop. :#
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Also, apparently, they can do it in the Sims.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@calaprfy ... Oh my goodness, never seen this happen in the Sims before. :#
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Oh my goodness! 😄 I'll have to stop my sim from cleaning it up immediately and see what happens.
  • glowinangel2006glowinangel2006 Posts: 22 Member
    If you have a child swimming they can click on an adult out of water and learn to swim.
  • Sh3riffSh3riff Posts: 1 New Member
    I didnt know when I was registering here, that I will not be able to post and ask question about the game because the forum is not user friendly, you need to be old, you need points, you need likes and you need to have comments, for a new user who has questions, to post stuff like this, its pretty useless, I consider it spamming.
    Now I dont know what I should be commenting since I dont know much about the game and I need answers for questions I have right now but posting the questions into someone elses thread would be kinda not cool .. so this system and registration is completely useless for me.

I did not see that comming and this hate against new comers, insane .. i know the reasoning but i still dont care, they can do it differently and aim it against the bad people and not against players like me who wants to learn but cannot since forum on steam is empty, dead .. now i regret i paid 100 eur for all the stuff i bought ..
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Sh3riff welcome to the forum!

I don't think there was any other way they could have set it up and still manage to stop the people who create new accounts just so they can post abuse or 18+ content all over the place.

There is a stickied thread at the top of this section for tips and tricks for new users, have you tried posting your question in there? People here are really helpful.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sh3riff wrote: »
    I didnt know when I was registering here, that I will not be able to post and ask question about the game because the forum is not user friendly, you need to be old, you need points, you need likes and you need to have comments, for a new user who has questions, to post stuff like this, its pretty useless, I consider it spamming.
    Now I dont know what I should be commenting since I dont know much about the game and I need answers for questions I have right now but posting the questions into someone elses thread would be kinda not cool .. so this system and registration is completely useless for me.

I did not see that comming and this hate against new comers, insane .. i know the reasoning but i still dont care, they can do it differently and aim it against the bad people and not against players like me who wants to learn but cannot since forum on steam is empty, dead .. now i regret i paid 100 eur for all the stuff i bought ..

There’s pretty much a thread for every topic, if you’re willing to search key words pertinent to your question. Just mind the age of the last posted comment so you don’t necro post. Also try this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983330/a-welcome-guide-for-new-simmers#latest

Also I gave you a like to help you along. 🙂
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sh3riff wrote: »

Welcome to the forum. :) There also is a welcoming post for new users under the Activity heading on the Forum with useful tips for newcomers. There have been spates of spamming unfortunately, There was one this week which I reported, promoting a hacking site, and these rules are to protect all on the Forum and you too.

I'd just jump into the deep end and contribute posts to recent threads. It isn't against you. If you are under certain age limits you have need of greater protection but I don't know if that affects you personally. Interesting posts always get more likes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top