May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• VikVik Posts: 115 Member
    edited January 26
    Here she is using her new volcanic powers!:
    Is this not the same animation that's used when sims have lightning powers from seasons?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 3,759 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

You’re welcome, I am always happy to share cool new info nuggets with my fellow simmers! 😁
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 137 Member
    Vik wrote: »
    Here she is using her new volcanic powers!:
    Is this not the same animation that's used when sims have lightning powers from seasons?

@Vik I didn’t even know about the lightning powers! I need to try this out immediately :D
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 195 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Sims can become uncomfortable if the lot is poorly decorated.

Sims with the "Hates Children" trait will become Tense if there are items for children (toys, toddler beds, potty chairs, etc) around. Learned that when I had one of them raise a kid as a single mom.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 27
    RySBI wrote: »
    0ScJXV1.jpg

Playground dodgeball just got a lot more terrifying :#

This is strictly a routine health inspection. Please, do everything exactly as you normally would.
    strictly-routine-health-inspection-banner.png
    Ragamuffin Jones, a freegan outdoor legacy -
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984602/ragamuffin-jones-a-freegan-outdoor-legacy
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 2,206 Member
    I didn’t know a pet food bowl could be placed on a surface like a table or counter, which is nice if you want to have separate bowls for a dog and cat, as the cat is the only one who can eat off the table or counter

Funnily enough, this is exactly what my neighbours do (irl) with their cat and dog - the dog is a chihuahua so she cannot reach the table. I learned this while they were away over the Xmas holidays and they messaged me to ask if I would feed their cat since their family member who was supposed to do it had not turned up! (they only discovered that from their security cameras).

btw, @permanentrose love the bull terrier in your profile pic. :) I have several in my Sims households. Here are a few of them:

WryBiTG.jpg

@PriestessBizarre I feed my dog and cat like this too. My cat eats up on my desk. I just never realized you could do it in the sims which was a fun discovery!

Also thanks for the compliment about my profile pic. I love bull terriers, they are so goofy! The one in my profile pic is named Lenny and I love him <3
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,967 Member

Sims with the "Hates Children" trait will become Tense if there are items for children (toys, toddler beds, potty chairs, etc) around. Learned that when I had one of them raise a kid as a single mom.

Also, sims with that trait "Hates Children" often destroy children stuff like a dollhouse. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • VikVik Posts: 115 Member
    If you have a vampire sim and give them the "eternal sadness" weakness. They will autonomously scream out in pain multiple times. I have a vampire like this and she is so dramatic all the time.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,095 Member
    Guidtry runs away when Temperace shows up but if you still have Bonehilda summoned, Bonehilda will claim the win in a fight each time with her until your medium skill is maxed. You need to best Temperance in a fight.
    e043aaffcacf9fc22969e3469146db8eaba33cb0.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited January 27
    I never seen this moodlet before. Is this part of a pack or base game? :smiley:

7CL1gAC.png
    giphy.gif
    AWWWW YIBS!
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,589 Member
    I didn't know Guidtry can take baths
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,555 Member

7CL1gAC.png

Its from Snowy Escape, I believe. Personally, I find it very annoying, because it lasts a good while and it overshadows the emotions I actually want for my sims, since its +4
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Esw_6WqW4AIcazp.jpg

I feel like I either didn't know or forgot that pets can go underneath dining tables. 🐾
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

7CL1gAC.png

Its from Snowy Escape, I believe. Personally, I find it very annoying, because it lasts a good while and it overshadows the emotions I actually want for my sims, since its +4

Does anyone knows what triggers this moodlet?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,555 Member
    I've seen it with painting, chess and yoga. I'm guessing any "slow, mindful" action will trigger it. It will change into a +10 Fine, and then you can click your sim and choose to "Surge emotion", which will give you a choice of a +4 of ANY emotion you want. It last a long time too. I just find it takes too long to reach +10, and by that time, my sims are doing something else entirely. I'm not a fan of this system at all.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 1,601 Member

7CL1gAC.png

In my game, pretty much everything sims do, even normal everyday things like showering, which makes it all the more annoying. Yet another idea that sounded good on paper, but suffered from bad execution...
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 679 Member

7CL1gAC.png

Most forms of calm relaxation do - fishing, reading books, playing instruments, taking a walk in Komorembi, and some others. It only kicks in after a lot of time spent doing such activities, and continuing will bring it to +10, which you can then turn into any emotion of your choice (+4 for 12 hrs, I think).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 57 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Esw_6WqW4AIcazp.jpg

I feel like I either didn't know or forgot that pets can go underneath dining tables. 🐾

I have a dog in one of my houses I catch coming out from under the bed all the time. Guess it's just too many steps to walk around...lol
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,447 Member

Also fun fact. If your sims have children and are living in an apartment with child hating neighbors, you may get complaints when you let you children have fun.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 641 Member

7CL1gAC.png

Really helpful when you need to overcome Sad or Uncomfortable, though.
    This is strictly a routine health inspection. Please, do everything exactly as you normally would.
    strictly-routine-health-inspection-banner.png
    Ragamuffin Jones, a freegan outdoor legacy -
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984602/ragamuffin-jones-a-freegan-outdoor-legacy
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,095 Member
    If you have the sims 4 paranormal, toddlers can babble to the ghosts but their ui image has stretched hands. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios