July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• faerytechfaerytech Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="SimplyJen;c-13552480"]Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.[/quote]

There are memories?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,376 Member
    faerytech wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

There are memories?

Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 91 Member
    [/quote] Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha [/quote]

It becomes a memory of the collective conscience of the Sim Nation, across all his dimentional saves :D
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 351 Member
    Sims only need half a square each side of a double bed to get in
    Hope you are having a lovely day
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 871 Member
    Sims only need half a square each side of a double bed to get in

I think Sims only need half a square to get by anything but I could be wrong.

When you size down objects sometimes the footprint also sizes down with it which actually creates smaller versions of useable objects.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,112 Member
    faerytech wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

There are memories?

Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha

The memory system was much better before Get Together patch. First you could see individual sims' memories (not all the game pictures you've taken) and secondly you could set emotion yourself (otherwise it is really weird when game sets the death of a loved one as a happy memory).
    I'd really like it back. Yes, it was not like in The Sims 3 (for example the game doesn't automatically create memories and it was somewhat hidden from players as you could find it in camera panel), but it is better than what we have now.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
    In get together you can make a cleaning club
    From @Cavapoo_king
    edited June 25
    If you start a yard sale while a skilled musician is playing an instrument on the same lot everyone gathers around the musician.
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 69 Member
    If you start a yard sale while a skilled musician is playing an instrument on the same lot everyone gathers around the musician.

I wonder if you get more tips
    If you size down a bed as small as you can sims can still sleep/whoohoo in it
    From @Cavapoo_king

But they hover above the bed
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 189 Member

Interesting...
    But they hover above the bed

Bizarre...
    Simnature.gif
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,148 Member
    I didn't know that slob sims can get an embarassed moodlet if they invite someone to their dirty home.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 91 Member
    I didn´t know the Grimm reaper also wears a bag with the we wear bags action plan
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 2,907 Member
    Did you know that one of the new lot traits in Eco living can keep your pool warm?

Helpful when you worry about sims going off to thepool to freeze to death when they feel like swimming.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • simimpsimimp Posts: 68 Member
    I didn't know you could catch a drawing tablet while fishing
    in my defense i did try to put a gif here, just didn't know how to do it
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 2,907 Member
    edited July 4
    Was playing with a family with a toddler and had meant to get rid of that high chair (since you know it it gets with it at times) had discovered once toddlers reach a certain level (3 in their thinking skills I believe) they will start using a spoon instead of their hands to eat. Thought it was cute. She's a big girl ;o;
    VJgW66l.png
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,148 Member
    I found out today that if a guest dies in your lot, you summon his spirit and move his headstone to your sim's inventory while his spirit is out, that guest ghost will be added to your household.
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 206 Member
    I didn't know sim pets could grieve the death of other pets via the urn/gravestone.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 871 Member
    EcBWTNLU4AEIqgc.jpg
    I didn't know that Patchy could help repeal NAP votes.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,162 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Did you know that one of the new lot traits in Eco living can keep your pool warm?

Helpful when you worry about sims going off to the pool to freeze to death when they feel like swimming.

I haven't bought Eco yet. My guess is that would be something like "Geothermal"?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,513 Member
    A fussy toddler gets happy moodlets from "bossing" their parents about.
    When your dog knows enough tricks you can perform for tips
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,513 Member
    simimp wrote: »
    I didn't know you could catch a drawing tablet while fishing

And a camera, a violin and flowers.
    Ambitious sims dont like retirement
    From @Cavapoo_king