Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2020
    I brought my main sim, her dog, and her toddler to the vet in Brindleton Bay and there were some pigeons walking around out front. I clicked on them randomly (from my toddlers pov) thinking I'd get one of those 'stop marks' but to my surprise it had the action to chase flock. My toddler ran over to them and the flew away. :D
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Discovered recently that it is possible for Sims to become nauseous on the swings. 😆
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    No - you just need to know what it does for you. Your Sim will automatically select the "Work Hard" work tone - which may or may not be the most advantageous. Also, daily tasks (sometimes) autocomplete. I'll admit I have not noticed it helping much at Uni.

The responsible trait doesn't autocomplete daily tasks for university such as homework. Also, it does not autocomplete daily tasks for my sim who graduated and moved into the law career.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I've been playing since 2011 and I've never experienced this before. My sims spontaneously woohooed.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    DU finally brought new toppings for Pizza: Kebab, Sweet Corn, and Tikka Masala.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    No - you just need to know what it does for you. Your Sim will automatically select the "Work Hard" work tone - which may or may not be the most advantageous. Also, daily tasks (sometimes) autocomplete. I'll admit I have not noticed it helping much at Uni.

The responsible trait doesn't autocomplete daily tasks for university such as homework. Also, it does not autocomplete daily tasks for my sim who graduated and moved into the law career.

Usually you need to do the daily task once and then for following days it stays completed. I haven't tried the uni careers, just bringing this up.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I brought my main sim, her dog, and her toddler to the vet in Brindleton Bay and there were some pigeons walking around out front. I clicked on them randomly (from my toddlers pov) thinking I'd get one of those 'stop marks' but to my surprise it had the action to chase flock. My toddler ran over to them and the flew away. :D

Also the dog can chase the pigeons away, if I remember correctly your Sim can tell it the dog to do that.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    I didn't know living statues were a thing!

Living-Statue.jpg

And there are swans in the lake in the MyShuno Park.

Swans.jpg

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I didn't know living statues were a thing!

Living-Statue.jpg

And there are swans in the lake in the MyShuno Park.

Swans.jpg

If you tip the living statue, you'll unlock that outfit and you can act as a living statue and earn tips.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I didn't know we get mystery jewelry and clothes with patches(?)/EPs(?)/GPs(?)...how do they work??

@MistyLake They are reward unlocks either with career promotions or by completing actions or challenges. Some are festival t-shirts which you unlock by purchasing them at the kiosks during the festivals in San Myshuno if you have City Living installed. Another City Living unlock is the beret that Miko Ono wears, it unlocks at a certain level of the critic career. There are also a few hidden base game items for example a motorcycle jacket for females that were never unlocked, and aren’t tied to a reward system. The only way I I know to get those is with a mod.

There are a bunch from Get To Work, they generally come in expansion packs & game packs. If you want to have most of them unlocked in CAS all the time you can install Unlocked CAS Parts If you’re not opposed to mods.

This mod has only been updated through Discover University so far, also you will need to know the pack numbers EP01 GP03 because that’s how his modules are labeled. Don’t bother installing unlocks for packs you don’t have. I have had this mod in for years and since it only unlocks things which already exist in game it doesn’t ever seem to break with patches.
  • Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    When I am grown up, I want to travel in a rocket ship to Mars so I can go to Pigfarts.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    While I was playing randomly I saw we could get beeswax now I could just be unobservant but I haven't seen that before, also I didn't know sims could give neighborly gifts, this woman that was friends of my roommate came over and gave me some seeds. The little things :smile:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

Imagine me, playing this game for a few years now, just finding out you can order pizza...I swear I checked in the phone before! How do you order pizza?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A slob sim can become embarrassed if they have a filthy home and visitors arrive.
    There's a disaster plaque in MyShuno Park and you can actually read it.

Disaster-Plaque.png
    Disaster-Plaque-Notification.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Imagine me, playing this game for a few years now, just finding out you can order pizza...I swear I checked in the phone before! How do you order pizza?

It's in the phone under request services I believe. Same place yo order a nanny, gardener or maid
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

It's in the phone under request services I believe. Same place yo order a nanny, gardener or maid

OMG thank you! I had no idea this even existed.
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I had no clue Sims would ask your Sim out if their "flirt" bar is less than half. A crush, how cute. sTcxC3b.png
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    In ecolife when you live in the lot that is off the grid, you can scoop snow to add to your watersupplies - your sims scoops the snow in a bucket and that's it, no idea how it adds up to the watersupplies actually :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    When I am grown up, I want to travel in a rocket ship to Mars so I can go to Pigfarts.

Must be a methane planet! 😆
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I didn't know we get mystery jewelry and clothes with patches(?)/EPs(?)/GPs(?)...how do they work??

@MistyLake They are reward unlocks either with career promotions or by completing actions or challenges. Some are festival t-shirts which you unlock by purchasing them at the kiosks during the festivals in San Myshuno if you have City Living installed. Another City Living unlock is the beret that Miko Ono wears, it unlocks at a certain level of the critic career. There are also a few hidden base game items for example a motorcycle jacket for females that were never unlocked, and aren’t tied to a reward system. The only way I I know to get those is with a mod.

There are a bunch from Get To Work, they generally come in expansion packs & game packs. If you want to have most of them unlocked in CAS all the time you can install Unlocked CAS Parts If you’re not opposed to mods.

This mod has only been updated through Discover University so far, also you will need to know the pack numbers EP01 GP03 because that’s how his modules are labeled. Don’t bother installing unlocks for packs you don’t have. I have had this mod in for years and since it only unlocks things which already exist in game it doesn’t ever seem to break with patches.

Or you can just open the ctrl c window, type testingcheats on, then hit enter, then type in bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and hit enter again, and all reward items are unlocked. Then add bb.showhiddenobjects
    and you've got the rest.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    There's a disaster plaque in MyShuno Park and you can actually read it.

Disaster-Plaque.png
    Disaster-Plaque-Notification.png

There's actually six historical plaques in Myshuno Meadows and if you read them all you complete a hidden game achievement. :smile:
    he/him
    @FlpAmaral Amazing! Thank you for letting me know. I only managed to find the one so far.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2020
    I didn't know the NPC career outfits were all available in CAS now. I can remove my "unlock CAS" CC

(Note: Grim Reaper, Skeleton, Servo and Hazma suit outfits are still hidden)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • faerytechfaerytech Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="SimplyJen;c-13552480"]Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.[/quote]

There are memories?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top