Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Butterfreeguy @rottmeister Yep, it's the Professional Athlete branch of the Athlete career. One of the few that don't have a dedicated study programme, but that's how you get access to it through university.

So does this Servo child have any robotic properties at all?
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Butterfreeguy @rottmeister Yep, it's the Professional Athlete branch of the Athlete career. One of the few that don't have a dedicated study programme, but that's how you get access to it through university.

So does this Servo child have any robotic properties at all?

Yeah, sorry. I clicked the notification away pretty fast so I thought it was an individual career. The sim was in her last semester, no way I'm giving up the education.

AFAIK she doesn't. Maybe when she ages up to a young adult? Since that's what all servo's are, but I doubt it...
    The game recognizes her as an alien.

I've been posting in the "What happened in your game today?" thread and will definitely keep posting updates of this family.

When I start the game again, I could printscreen the family tree as proof.

Edit: I should mention I don't have any mods apart from CC
    I've heard people got their sims pregnant by a servo with a certain mod though
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Can you please put that sim/family on the gallery? I'm very excited to see the experiment in my game.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    Can you please put that sim/family on the gallery? I'm very excited to see the experiment in my game.

Sure!

You want me to give you a heads up when I upload them?
    I'm pretty busy, being in college and stuff so idk when I'll log onto the game again. You'd think that with this pandemic things would get much more relaxed, but NOPE. Everyone thinks you have nothing to do and thus tasks and deadlines multiply.

I recently saved them in my library anyway.
    They're not currently my played family, because I moved onto their (oldest) adopted daughter's family now.

I'd suggest we continue talking in PM's to not drag this even more off topic

Edit:
    This is the proof
    98181761_593071178232212_2254476488843722752_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=C8ejpr8AtccAX8d4Cdh&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=4a7656b7cd87ee1daef45137f828632d&oe=5EEBE253

My gamertag is rottmeister1999 so if you want, you can download them
    Post edited by rottmeister on
  • aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    That when you choose the cheaper option after taking your pet to the vet they wear a cone :D
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Not something I learned recently, but it's interesting enough to share.

You can Woohoo with another Sim while that Sim is possessed by the Strangerville infection.

They keep making a weird face during the Woohoo, but it's my way to prevent them from roaming the streets if I don't want them to.

I didn't know this. But its so weird, that I don't know if to give Insightful, Like or Awesome thay all sound inapropiate somehow :D
  • ashleyssimsashleyssims Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but if your sims breaks a plumbing item and it forms a large puddle (it needs to be leaking for a while), you can then go in with build/buy and click the design tool one of the options makes the puddle look like a little duck!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    emiobix wrote: »
    AiHaou wrote: »
    So I just found out that certain types of showers affect[effect?] certain types of emotions.
    For example:

Steamy showers make sims flirty. Thoughtful showers make sims inspired. Brisk makes sims energetic.

Get a tea maker as you can do the same with different types of tea - Pitch Black tea makes Sims focussed, for example. I won't say the others, you can experiment for yourself :)

This goes for the incense burners, bath soaks and massagers from Spa Day too!

I love the bath soaks from Spa Day!
  • bookwriter81bookwriter81 Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="Queenarella;c-17496552"]I didn't know that a bathtub or a toilet can catch fire but when your spellcaster uses magic to repair them it's possible.[/quote]

I just learned that today in my game!
  • bookwriter81bookwriter81 Posts: 17 Member
    I didn't know that when you have your Sims sunbathing you can click on them and there is an option for them to add sunscreen
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Recently it occurred to me that Sims only really wash their hair and armpits when showering. Yuck! 😜
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    I recently just discovered that my sims can actually fail a uni class, and that they will be put on academic probation.
    I learned that THIS can happen when vampires sleep in a coffin.
    Still don't know what it is exactly, since it only showed up once in my entire game.
    Does anyone know?

49926458957_bb29c37bca_c.jpg
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I learned that THIS can happen when vampires sleep in a coffin.
    Still don't know what it is exactly, since it only showed up once in my entire game.
    Does anyone know?

49926458957_bb29c37bca_c.jpg

I think it might be indicating that the vamp has a "day mare", like normal sims have night mares. Don't remember seeing it myself, since my vamps never sleep, in coffins or otherwise.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Airakale wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I learnt yesterday you can woohoo in the shower. That's why little Charlie's nickname is Shower. I'm not evil.

Charlie: Dad, why is my sister’s nickname Daisy?
    Dad: Because she was conceived in a field of daisies.
    Charlie: Thanks, dad.
    Dad: No problem, Shower!

Now we have a new version of this great joke! :D

Bobbie: Dad, why is Charlie’s nickname Shower?
    Dad: Because he was conceived in a shower.
    Bobbie: Thanks, dad.
    Dad: No problem, Trash!

Like Trash Bigwallet from James Turner's Bigwallet family! :#
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

...also, i didn't know there's a new The Sims 20 Year Anniversary Birthday Jacuzzi where all the bathtubs are... :D I really need to start to play more (and pay more attention!). :D
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    MistyLake wrote: »
    ...also, i didn't know there's a new The Sims 20 Year Anniversary Birthday Jacuzzi where all the bathtubs are... :D I really need to start to play more (and pay more attention!). :D

And you don't need Perfect Patio stuff either to use it!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but if your sims breaks a plumbing item and it forms a large puddle (it needs to be leaking for a while), you can then go in with build/buy and click the design tool one of the options makes the puddle look like a little duck!

I found that out recently as well and had to try it, so I took this screenshot :)
    T7xMEAm.jpg
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Not sure if this was covered but I just noticed that if you are in first-person in front of a mirror, the sim's eyes actually move with the camera! My mind is blown lol
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Don't know if this has been mentioned. I learned when you have the fast forward button on and you zoom in on the curtains, the curtains flow around like in the wind
    I swear I didn't know that you can scent the flower arrangements with different flowers and have different effects. This was mainly due to the fact that for some reason my one Sim never made an excellent or above arrangement lol
  • delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2020
    When you get all the Magic Beans you can by a stump from the catalog and put them all on it. Then water it. I will let anyone that doesn't know what happened find that out by themselves. It's pretty cool though.

Oh and even if you upgrade to fireguard on a fireplace it can and will still cause fires sometimes.
    When you move a few Sims out of the house they used to live in, but then switch to a Sim who still lives there, you can see the others moving out.
    When you move a few Sims out of the house they used to live in, but then switch to a Sim who still lives there, you can see the others moving out.

No way
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

No way

Well, don't expect too much of it. The other Sims just walked out of the house, but it was cool that they were there when I loaded the house.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top