Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Winter0101 wrote: »
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > I just learned that I can indeed have twins in my game. I had them before off screen but now for the first time I had twins! It's been like 2-3 years now since I got it on PS4 lol

I just learnt you can have naturally occurring triplets in the game, without the fertility lot trait. I was not best pleased as my Sim couple were living in a Tiny Home!

The fist birth ever in my Sims4 game was triplets. Never had it since. Weird huh?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Admiral8Q @Bearpal64 I once had triplets in my game too, and it was for my decades challenge. I had 2 children prior from two separate marriages, so I was mad that I now had seven sims in my household. I grew to love them all eventually, but it was still crazy that I had 5 kids, and one was from her first marriage.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Aaaaah the sweetest thing! The dad Zack tucked in his newly adopted toddler but he sung a lullaby while doing it!!!!!

I never heard that one before and I’ve had a plenty of tots! He does not even have singing skill! 😮💜
    "Fun" can actually go up while a sim is sleeping. Dreaming I guess?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LadyDemonsLadyDemons Posts: 1 New Member
    cool lol
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that the Sixam Mosquito Fly Trap is an animated plant! I also never planted it before last night so yeah lol 😅
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Grim Reaper can wear trend clothing.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that volcanic eruptions could cause fires. I've only had fires from using the stove or the fireplace before.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    So, in Testincheats mode, on a baby's bassinet if you Shift+Click, an unmarked option shows (as a blank) at the lower left. Hoping this would expand into I don't know, CAS options, I clicked it.

Nope. That's the button to have your baby immediately taken by the Social Worker. No interrupt possible. I had to quit without saving, and replay my final 24 (Sim) hours of pregnancy and take it from there.

Yikes!

Ooops! At least if I want rid of a baby fast I know how to do it now :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I didn't know that a bathtub or a toilet can catch fire but when your spellcaster uses magic to repair them it's possible.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    Today i found out that if you get an athletic scholarship you enter in the soccer team immediatelly when you start uni.
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I learned today that, when your Sim paints a focused painting (mathematical diagram), it levels up their logic skill and not their painting skill.
    I learned today that, when your Sim paints a focused painting (mathematical diagram), it levels up their logic skill and not their painting skill.

I didn't know that. Cool!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    [quote="telmarina;c-17496562"]Today i found out that if you get an athletic scholarship you enter in the soccer team immediatelly when you start uni. [/quote]

Good to know! I'm about to send my first Sim to college and he got that scholarship. None of the Sims on my test save for figuring out how to do Uni as rotational play got that so this would have really tossed me a curve without the good timing of your post!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't realize that not only can ghost Sims go through walls but they can also get to the ground from a higher level/foundation without using stairs. 👻
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    LucidLenny wrote: »
    > @ SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > don't forget the lighthouse, closet,sauna and waterfall haha.
    > And I've heard in a casket? But I don't have vampires so can't verify that one.

Sims can woohoo in rabbitholes such as backstage at the theater, and even the military base I think? (unsure but I believe so)

My sim's bf never wants to woohoo in the shower so they do it in the theater instead. :') I'm impatient.

I think that must be Sims 3 - there's no military base in TS4.

Unless they're thinking about the Secret Lab in Strangetown, but I don't recall any place to do it. (Unless you have WW installed, in which case the floor would do...)

• AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the Sixam Mosquito Fly Trap is an animated plant! I also never planted it before last night so yeah lol 😅

Is the best decorative plant, it gives you seeds to sell too.

On topic: I didn't new that university houses for students work better if you move them outside the university world.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I just discovered that you can apply, change or remove the filter of a photo after it was taken. Have a great picture but wish you took it on sepia or black and white, just click the picture after you hung it up on the wall andcchange the filter.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I just found out about this. You know the decoration boxes? If you have your sim rummage around in it, they will pull out 3 things. You can sell them or decorate with them. My sim made 3k and decorated her new house last night just digging around in that box!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I just found out about this. You know the decoration boxes? If you have your sim rummage around in it, they will pull out 3 things. You can sell them or decorate with them. My sim made 3k and decorated her new house last night just digging around in that box!

I told a Sim to do this and forgot about it. I was utterly confused as to why there was a huge reindeer sculpture just sitting in my house. :D
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just discovered that you can apply, change or remove the filter of a photo after it was taken. Have a great picture but wish you took it on sepia or black and white, just click the picture after you hung it up on the wall andcchange the filter.

To add onto this, the picture quality has to be normal or better, it won't let you change it on poor quality pics! Lovely feature though~
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »

To add onto this, the picture quality has to be normal or better, it won't let you change it on poor quality pics! Lovely feature though~

I didn't realise it depends on the quality. Thanks for elaborating on this. But then again I cheated the skill of the photographer because I didn't want to play a photographer but just wanted nice pictures for my sims house
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can convince sims to break up with their partners not only through romantic interactions, but also through Mean/Other Sims/Break up with...

9LAic7wBSaE.jpg

Ld3tpzhz_H8.jpg
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I know right?!?! Discovering that for me was like discovering a platinum credit card! Especially when out of that little box comes some giant reindeer decorations or piles of Halloween pumpkins worth hundreds of simoleons! I play rotationally and some of my families don't work. Instead, they have "Storage Rooms" in the basements or attics. It's a room with decoration boxes, piles of unopened presents, and an eternally decorated Holiday Tree with presents underneath. I'm worried that this is some bug and a patch update will take away my daily source of income for these families from clearing out the storage room boxes and gift recycling those unwanted presents. :D Good fun, good fun, clearing out the storage room for simoleon cash :blush:

But then again I cheated the skill of the photographer because I didn't want to play a photographer but just wanted nice pictures for my sims house

I cheat up the photography skill on many of my main sims because I like taking photos in-game. I give them the best camera too.

However, to build up the skill, all you have to do is spam taking photos, to have photos in-game. Playing it as a fun thing, career or hobby, I understand completely. However, otherwise it's a waste of time to "grind" on every single character just to have them take a good photo.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top