Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    A fun way to wake up sims and roommates is to buy the portable stereo, turn the music to loud, then click and drag it right next to where they are sleeping.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn't know there was a transparent 'glass' floor in the game. I was looking for mods and found some, but they require other packs just to use the mod(s).
    BUT!
    In the "Island living" pack, there is a glass floor! No mods needed! After finding that I had alot of fun building a glass tower. Spent hours working on it. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but it's awesome!
    DqJJ8wl.png
    jNCWWWl.png
    sJEK0JW.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that pregnant Sims cannot drink serums from GTW. They also cannot jog or explore in the rocket ship. They can however empty out the litter box from C&D which was something TS2 pregnant Sims could not do.
    "Take photo of {Sim}" with the camera also puts each photo into the Screenshots folder. Kind of annoying since it fills up the folder with those photos. But I suppose it was programed in to do that in-case players wanted a screenshot also.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2020
    One of my favorite aspirations to play is Painter Extraordinaire. It's actually the first aspiration I ever played in TS4 and many times since so I'm well-versed in how to fulfill the goals. There's one task to paint three emotional paintings and as some might know, the Mathematical Diagram does not count when your Sim is able to 'draw' it when focused. I'm guessing because technically it's a drawing, not a painting. It's always been that way since the beginning of this iteration.

Except, the night before I had one of my Sims draw it while focused to hang in her dorm room and enable the aura to help stay focused when doing homework, and it counted for that task! She painted two more and completed the goal. Yay! It must've been updated to count in a patch and I just now noticed. :)
    One of my favorite aspirations to play is Painter Extraordinaire. It's actually the first aspiration I ever played in TS4 and many times since so I'm well-versed in how to fulfill the goals. There's one task to paint three emotional paintings and as some might know, the Mathematical Diagram does not count when your Sim is able to 'draw' it when focused. I'm guessing because technically it's a drawing, not a painting. It's always been that way since the beginning of this iteration.

Except, the night before I had one of my Sims draw it while focused to hang in her dorm room and enable the aura to help stay focused when doing homework, and it counted for that task! She painted two more and completed the goal. Yay! It must've been updated to count in a patch and I just now noticed. :)

That's cool. My first Sim, Teresa Calhouni worked to be a Painter. Patron of the Arts. :)
    She's still at it!
    JDTRJpQ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I've just noticed this afternoon that when your teenager is a few days out from ageing up they will get a notification reminding them that it's time to start thinking about higher education. It will give two widget's that open up the pop-up with information about each University respectfully.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If a sim fights Father Winter for presents, nearby sims will get an angry moodlet.

Toddlers will eat with a fork instead of their hands if their thinking skill is 3 or higher.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    If a sim fights Father Winter for presents, nearby sims will get an angry moodlet.

Toddlers will eat with a fork instead of their hands if their thinking skill is 3 or higher.
    Love the toddler one. Thanks.

Happy and Inspired don't work for auras from photographs, Confident and Flirty do. I haven't tried other moods yet.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    When a light-sign is broken, sims get the option to 'laugh at broken sign'. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Visit me on the gallery! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
    edited January 2020
    If you have Dine Out and Discover University the Juice Keg cups appear in the Drinks Menu option when you make a custom menu for restaurants. ๐Ÿ˜…
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    If you complete a holiday and then move all your holiday progress is reseted... or did they patch this?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    If you dress a Sim in the tragic clown outfit (clown costume makeup that looks like an unshaven beard and the grubby clown costume) in CAS, and said sim goes wandering around town in it, they will cause others nearby to become depressed and have a tragic clown moodlet, even if that sim is not the actual tragic clown.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I just found out that the scarecrow comes to life. I had no idea! All this time I thought it was a decoration. And when he's hanging on the post you can search his pockets for seed packets.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Your Sim can go on academic probation at university. I discovered this with a Sim that I play rotationally. She has a B average, which I thought was good enough, but I guess grade inflation has hit the Sims.
    I just learned that dogs can leave little gift boxes outside on the ground for their owners. I found a tiny little gift box outside my Sim's house. It was so small I almost didn't see it.

I also learned that you can buy a treat from the vending machine at the vet that will bring ghost pets back to life. I plan to stock up and visit that sad ghost pet cemetery and start saving them .. I wish they had something you could give to human ghosts to bring them back to life. Something that you could easily buy or make.
    I just learned that dogs can leave little gift boxes outside on the ground for their owners. I found a tiny little gift box outside my Sim's house. It was so small I almost didn't see it.

I also learned that you can buy a treat from the vending machine at the vet that will bring ghost pets back to life. I plan to stock up and visit that sad ghost pet cemetery and start saving them .. I wish they had something you could give to human ghosts to bring them back to life. Something that you could easily buy or make.

Cats can bring back mystery gifts too and they can gather feathers from a group of birds too. Both pets can dig out either a gift or a repair part from a trash pile.

While not necessarily easily done you can bring Sims back with a variety of ways depending on which packs you own. Base game though it's Ambrosia and Book of Life if I'm not mistaken.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I just found out that the scarecrow comes to life. I had no idea! All this time I thought it was a decoration. And when he's hanging on the post you can search his pockets for seed packets.

You can also romance Patchy, add to family and have children with them ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Cats can bring back mystery gifts too and they can gather feathers from a group of birds too. Both pets can dig out either a gift or a repair part from a trash pile.
    >
    > While not necessarily easily done you can bring Sims back with a variety of ways depending on which packs you own. Base game though it's Ambrosia and Book of Life if I'm not mistaken.

Oh that's awesome!! I didn't know about the birds and other stuff. I'm trying to level up to write the Book of Life. I couldn't find a quicker option. Thanks!
    > @Jasonschick80 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can also romance Patchy, add to family and have children with them ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

omg lol. I wonder what abilities would the scarecrow kid have.. summon birds, seed packets, max gardening...
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Cats can bring back mystery gifts too and they can gather feathers from a group of birds too. Both pets can dig out either a gift or a repair part from a trash pile.
    >
    > While not necessarily easily done you can bring Sims back with a variety of ways depending on which packs you own. Base game though it's Ambrosia and Book of Life if I'm not mistaken.

Oh that's awesome!! I didn't know about the birds and other stuff. I'm trying to level up to write the Book of Life. I couldn't find a quicker option. Thanks!

I didn't know about the birds and feathers until I watched a let's play based around cats and dogs and Brindleton Bay. The presents and trash happened in my own game when I realized that I had a tiny gift beside the trash pile in my home and all I had was a cat lol.

If you have Romantic Garden Stuff you can use the wishing well for a chance for the well to restore a Sim back to life ^^
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I didn't know about the birds and feathers until I watched a let's play based around cats and dogs and Brindleton Bay. The presents and trash happened in my own game when I realized that I had a tiny gift beside the trash pile in my home and all I had was a cat lol.
    >
    > If you have Romantic Garden Stuff you can use the wishing well for a chance for the well to restore a Sim back to life ^^

Ahh I will try the wishing well then, thank you!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I didn't know about the birds and feathers until I watched a let's play based around cats and dogs and Brindleton Bay. The presents and trash happened in my own game when I realized that I had a tiny gift beside the trash pile in my home and all I had was a cat lol.
    >
    > If you have Romantic Garden Stuff you can use the wishing well for a chance for the well to restore a Sim back to life ^^

Ahh I will try the wishing well then, thank you!

Be careful. The wishing well almost always backfires.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top