Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    RE: Set as head
    If you do this, the sim's head becomes the item; he then walks around like that. Here's the thing :-) this is VERY handy to place objects in the communal parks/areas. For example, if you want to place an easel in the park, you set the easel as "head", move the sim to where you want the easel then undo the head (seem procedure as setting it). The easel drops to the ground and the sim looks normal again. The biggest problem with this nifty trick is that you do not have absolute control over where the item drops, so be careful. There's a topic on this.....but note that with the September patch, it no longer works to place an item. It does, however, help you remove one, I guess. Be sure to read the last page..https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840619/easy-trick-how-to-add-objects-in-the-neighborhoods-out-of-any-lot-working-100-no-mods-d-updated#latest
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Didn't know apartment neighbors can come over and ask to use my bathroom because their hot water isn't working.I8BtyGW.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Didn't know apartment neighbors can come over and ask to use my bathroom because their hot water isn't working.I8BtyGW.jpg

It's a sign :smirk:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

It's a sign :smirk:

Interesting, I didn't know that they did that. Mine used to just come over to complain about the noise. xD Maybe it depends on how well they get along?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

I tend to lock my apartment doors because sometimes, the lazy-ace neighbor will throw their own garbage away in my household trash can, rather than the one in the hall. Irritating. I stopped having my sims move to San Myshuno.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • The_Sim_AddictThe_Sim_Addict Posts: 1 New Member
    I just found out that in criminal career you get paid too little for the first 5 or 6 promotions and after you pick a brunch you get an insane raise and work way less days
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Known this for a while but going into tab camera mode lets you look inside other lots (without loading them). Sadly, this doesn't work for apartments but the additional walls (e.g. half walls) can be seen
  • simster248psimster248p Posts: 5 New Member
    cool i did not know about the bed thing either.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've had Parenthood since release but I only discovered today that the better a child sim is doing at school, the better quality project they produce.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    TIL that playpens are 100% functional in TS4. Parents will drop them behind fences and take them back out with no problem.

OZHXaH9l.png

Oh my goodness... I didn't even consider making one... That could actually be helpful!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I didn't even know such a thing existed in the first place, so thanks for pointing it out!
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    There's an option on the pile of presents from seasons to open birthday presents at a birthday party. Guests will gather around while the birthday sim opens a few presents. I thought it was pretty neat. :)
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Only just discovered that you can click on the roads to get the Travel option. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    [quote="crazycat_135;c-16764726"]There's an option on the pile of presents from seasons to open birthday presents at a birthday party. Guests will gather around while the birthday sim opens a few presents. I thought it was pretty neat. :) [/quote]

I didn’t know that either! That’s so cute and definitely happening at the next birthday my sims have. 😄
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I didn't even know such a thing existed in the first place, so thanks for pointing it out!

is this regarding the post about "playpens"?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    There's an option on the pile of presents from seasons to open birthday presents at a birthday party. Guests will gather around while the birthday sim opens a few presents. I thought it was pretty neat. :)

I didn’t know that either! That’s so cute and definitely happening at the next birthday my sims have. 😄

I saw this in a LP where she wanted to try it out, she placed the stack of presents and she could do a giving of presents.. I thought that was a pretty cool addition and something small that goes a long way
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I never thought about creating playpens with fences. I’m going to try this for my daycare. Great tip @happyopi
  • thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    I didn't know that from map view in the lower left corner I could choose which sim in my household I wanted to play. It has probably been there forever though! LOL
    "Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I didn't know, that when I zoom in on my Sim when she's napping. She snores! I couldn't believe it!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I didn't know that there are actual spiders in the webs from the Vampire pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    For a long time I didn't know that you can actually change the colour of the photo frame from black to brown or white by clicking on the photo in build mode. Also you can take large pics and then size them down to whatever size you need and they will look better quality ;)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Pizza box weirdness.

2M4d2.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    For a long time I didn't know that you can actually change the colour of the photo frame from black to brown or white by clicking on the photo in build mode. Also you can take large pics and then size them down to whatever size you need and they will look better quality ;)
    That’s awesome! I’ll have to try that!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Pizza box weirdness.

2M4d2.png

That pizza box is definitely new...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji