Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you make your sim eat a lot of grilled cheese, and I mean A LOT, you can unlock the secret aspiration under the food one called 'Grilled Cheese' I actually found this out by accident and wanted to see if my sim would get fatter quicker if I gave her a bunch of fried food lol

Here's everything you need to know about the hidden grilled cheese aspiration: :)
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/grilledcheese.php
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I'm a bit confused. Is this a new ground texture? Or was I just blind all those years?
    image.png
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm a bit confused. Is this a new ground texture? Or was I just blind all those years?
    image.png

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this has been in the game for awhile.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Protesting (City Living) seems to raise Charisma skill at a decent clip. :)
  • Options
    Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    Boy was I surprised when I had testingcheats on and shift-clicked an object only for an option to "set as head" pop up.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    You can scare flocks of birds or have your cat scare them. If the cat scares a flick of birds they will bring your sim some feathers.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Found this out quite some time ago but twins and clones can argue about who's better :smiley:
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    Sims have the option to propose seconds after they become each other's boyfriend/girlfriend. I didn't select it but I thought it was funny to see, considering I have my couples already married.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Found this out quite some time ago but twins and clones can argue about who's better :smiley:

Actually, all siblings can do this, but I do have the Parenthood pack. I don't know if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited September 2018
    astera00 wrote: »

Actually, all siblings can do this, but I do have the Parenthood pack. I don't know if that makes a difference.

The Argument interactions mainly come with Parenthood; I think it's one of the options that come up concerning "siblings" and this includes clones since the game registers the clone as your 'sibling'
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe not unknown

In parenthood, if siblings is around in age the relationship type will Thick as Thieves/Family Frenemy/Childhood Tormentor, if age has big difference(such as initial life stages are teen and YA), relationship type will Super Siblings/Childhood Buds/Childhood Enemies
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    lotary wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it counts as "things I didn't know" but yesterday I found out a sweet thing one of my sims did. So I just moved out one of my sim and his wife to a new house. Both of them got hungry and the husband decided to make some dinner. I was a bit surprised when I found out that he chose "serve (insert food here)" instead of "have (insert food here)" like my sims usually do. I always think sims are selfish because of that reason, only prepare dish for themselves instead for the whole family everytime my decision doesn't get involved 😅

Back to the story, the husband finished cooking pan fried tilapia and then do the "call to meal" interaction so he can had dinner with his wife. He did this without my interference and it warms my heart.

That happens in some families. I have only one family where childish sim always serves meal only if wife is hungry. Also, wife (mixologist :D ) once set stove on fire.
    Maybe not unknown

In parenthood, if siblings is around in age the relationship type will Thick as Thieves/Family Frenemy/Childhood Tormentor, if age has big difference(such as initial life stages are teen and YA), relationship type will Super Siblings/Childhood Buds/Childhood Enemies

@Shadow_Assassin How does someone become thick as thieves?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Wolfium Similar age(such as 1 day grows up and 7 days grows up)and high friendship bar
    I don't know if cousins or uncles/aunts and nephews/nieces could does this

Relatively, lazy sims is less uncomfortable if has high fitness skill.
    Lately I heard if vampires drink too lots blood but never has sport, they also will fat
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

• Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    If a sim is playful when they're reading, they will occasionally place the book on the table and pretend to make it talk...I laughed a bit the first time I saw that...

I had that happen during my Abandoned Kids Challenge, so I took a pic. Emma was doing her homework when she started opening & closing the book like it was talking to her. If you look closely, you can see she's pointing at the book. There's no one else in the room, so her looking away was part of the animation. I thought it was adorable. :smile:
    09-07-18_6-35-18nbspPM%202_zpsk8m4vknx.jpg
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I didn't know pets could pass out from exhaustion like sims... Just witnessed my current households dog pass out after learning how to fetch... didn't even know he was that tired...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    > @tinahjalmar said:
    > I didn't know your Sim child can convence their sibling that the monster under the bed is real. I just found that out today

I learned that yesterdat. I guess I'll have to read a lot of pages to see what I'm missing :D
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    It probably has been said before but when you open the Sims folder you can add your own music in the "Custom Music" folder and in one of the subfolders, e.g. Pop. Your sims can then listen to your songs on the radio.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I didnt know that have if you have a bonfire on the lot and you ask your sim to throw away the trash from a toddler's room they will throw it on the bonfire. Very enviromentally unfriendly lol
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2018
    In other words: Evie Delgato was the first toddler ever that was added to a pack prior to it's release!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I had no idea, kids could shovel snow!
    2rf3eoj.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Boy was I surprised when I had testingcheats on and shift-clicked an object only for an option to "set as head" pop up.

Yes, that's a weird one. I don't know why anyone would use it, maybe someone can explain why they do - if anyone does.
    I did try it out when I first found it, but have never since.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I had no idea, kids could shovel snow!
    2rf3eoj.png

Yup. And it counts toward gaining Responsibility if you have the Parenthood pack.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Very astonished
    I heard my values' broken sound
    Unflirty sims can does special mean interaction to a flirty sim regardless of relationship
    0060lm7Tly1fvt0kexikhj307q03xjrk.jpg
    0060lm7Tly1fvt0key8kwj30mp0ekq4i.jpg
    0060lm7Tly1fvt0kez9paj306m041q33.jpg
    They're siblings
    I don't know what's the English original text
    Entrance to the abyss

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    This is more of a heads up to those who didn't know (Hopefully it wasn't mentioned already), but if you edit the Police station you will want to make sure you keep the interrogation desk and chiefs desk the same as the original. I was trying to figure out why my chief wasn't coming back into work and come to find out it was his desk as soon as I put the correct desk back with the correct color he came back to work and I couldn't interrogate the suspect until I changed the color of the desk back to the original color.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top