Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    i just found out you can send a thank you card via the mailbox on any holiday that has the "be thankful" tradition :)

a47qbCE.jpg
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    this thread is long, so someone's probably said these already (i didn't read all 239 pages lol) but i learnt that:

- your child's weight can be affected by how much you feed them as a baby
    - sims in the cooking career can make a signature cake when they get to a certain point in their career (though it just looks like a regular chocolate cake)
    - elder sims can retire (seems kind of obvious but i wasn't sure until recently)
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Self assured sims won't tense with lightning when in doors
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    This is sooo weird because it literally just happened to me, but the dogs can pick up the god dang food dishes and will bring it over to your sim if they're hungry. (It wasn't my personal sim's dog. She takes care of her baby boi Oscar. It was another sim's dog who I invited over, whose dog is filthy, hungry, and sad all the time)
    [quote="alyssa123;c-16731203"]this thread is long, so someone's probably said these already (i didn't read all 239 pages lol) but i learnt that:

- your child's weight can be affected by how much you feed them as a baby
    - sims in the cooking career can make a signature cake when they get to a certain point in their career (though it just looks like a regular chocolate cake)
    - elder sims can retire (seems kind of obvious but i wasn't sure until recently)[/quote]

Wowowow that whole weight thing is weeeeird. I thought it depended on the parents weight and genetics, y'know?
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    My children are almost always kind of fat and turn into ridiculously obese teenagers, no matter the parents' genetics. But what shall I do when they're hungry, just not feed them? :/
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My children are almost always kind of fat and turn into ridiculously obese teenagers, no matter the parents' genetics. But what shall I do when they're hungry, just not feed them? :/

Give them proper things to eat IE salads, roasted chicken, etc...and make them do stuff. I don't know what options there are for kids as I have none I play in game, but if they have options to play or run or work out then do it. My Sims were constantly huge. I monitored what they ate and made sure they ran around a lot. Once they maxed their skill for that I didn't have to worry about it much and now only slightly watch what they eat. It's annoying and stupid, really...but also too you can cheat in CAS and fix their bodies to how you want them.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Mine are sort of chunky also as they grow into teen. I get the Lean potion and have them drink it and they go down to a size I like better no more fat!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    These haunting dolls on a gravestone in forgotten hollow :scream:

hPztvu9.png
    @DinowCookie ohhh where is the grave in FH? I’m trying to find it!

Edit: Never Mind, I found it! Disappointed you can’t pick them up, though.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    You can always give your chunky teens a couple of servings of the diet ice cream and they'll lose weight. *Bemoans the fact this doesn't work in real life* :p
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2018
    These have probably been said, but I always find it adorable when Toddlers 'imitate' pets. ;D

- It seems to me that female sims pick up weight slightly after giving birth. Although this could just be my eyes. Haven't tested this on males yet.

- Pets can drink/roll in water from a broken dishwasher.

- An older sibling can comfort a toddler that's had a nightmare or is sad in general.

- Toddlers can reject hugs from other Toddlers.

- Toddlers can take slices of cake by themselves, or food in general, without help.

(I'm Toddler-ed out right now, lol.)
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    PearLady wrote: »
    A squeamish sim can 'breathe deeply' to help deal with uncomfortable things like fishing.
    Click on the sim when it stops fishing to find the action. Gives a positive moodlet to the sim.

Only if they have the 'Nauseous' moodlet. So you can do this after they've eaten spoiled food, had a privacy violation, etc.

nods, true. Would be nice to have it in those situations as well.
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    edited September 2018
    They drop the weight crazy fast from jogging, though. I tend to send my sims' kids out to jog several times right when they age up to teen.
    I wish it were that effective in real life.
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I learned in the sims 3 if you locked the front door to all but your family members the maid couldn't come in (but it bet it wouldn't stop the social worker) this actually surprised me
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    - It seems to me that female sims pick up weight slightly after giving birth. Although this could just be my eyes. Haven't tested this on males yet. [/quote]

I noticed my recent mother figure again weight one day when she was getting older, in adult phase not just young adult and she had 2 girls early on and then twin toddlers (I'm playing it as a later in life whoopsie)

Anyway I am pretty sure the weight gain set in about the time they were toddlers (which thanks to the compelling interactions babies still have was the day they came home from the hospital)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited September 2018
    A little one but, depending on what colour you have the washer or dryer it can have a coin slot, or not.
    The coin slot probably doesn’t function of course. I only noticed because the washer with no coin slot has a water drop and the dryer has wavy lines. When I tried a different off-white, there was a coin slot instead.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    A little one but, depending on what colour you have the washer or dryer it can have a coin slot, or not.
    The coin slot probably doesn’t function of course. I only noticed because the washer with no coin slot has a water drop and the dryer has wavy lines. When I tried a different off-white, there was a coin slot instead.

Oooh, I didn't know that, gonna have to play around with the colours. Thanks. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • tayahjessieetayahjessiee Posts: 20 Member
    Lmao I didn't know like half of these things, but the scoot over on double bed thing is awesome!
    "They say it don't be like it be, but it do"
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I don’t know if this is the kind of thing this thread is looking for, but in build mode you can apply a frieze or trim to a single side of a single wall (as opposed to a whole room) by holding down the SHIFT key when placing them. No more friezes inside the house when using fences as railings to knock out a floor.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    I don’t know if this is the kind of thing this thread is looking for, but in build mode you can apply a frieze or trim to a single side of a single wall (as opposed to a whole room) by holding down the SHIFT key when placing them. No more friezes inside the house when using fences as railings to knock out a floor.

That's a good hint! Thank you.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »

This is good to know, sometines it is hard to remove a floor because of that. Thank you for sharing it. I love open floors like that being able to look down into the livingroom or the entranceway.

If you make your sim eat a lot of grilled cheese, and I mean A LOT, you can unlock the secret aspiration under the food one called 'Grilled Cheese' I actually found this out by accident and wanted to see if my sim would get fatter quicker if I gave her a bunch of fried food lol
    Aliens in the Science carrer can use the interaction 'Revive' when they find a Dead Space alien, squid, porcupine, coral, etc. on the Science career's lot.

They can also erase memories in the Mischief section (which comes in handy if you're trying to get the 'Double Life' achievement.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I didn't know your Sim child can convence their sibling that the monster under the bed is real. I just found that out today

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top