Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    > @TravisBlackfox said:
    > If you want to give your Sims a "vacation" home of sorts, go to build mode and put the unoccupied home desired as a "generic" lot with a "privacy" trait. You can decorate however your want in build mode and your Sims can stay there for as long as they want and even bring pets with them. You can also use their personal things to decorate the home away from home.

Great idea, certainly going to try this one. I made a recreation of the old On Holiday Palazzo lot from the original sims, which I have set as a spa lot, for the large lot in Newcrest; with lots of different entertainment options and the beds upstairs, I send my sims there for a few days at a time and it always feels to me like they've been on holiday. :D
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I didn't know sims can freeze to death while playing in the sprinklers on hot summer day. Two YA , 1 child and 1 toddler played, one YA almost froze to death. I stopped her playing and gave her winter clothes to save her, she survived. She has cold acclimation trait.

I found I have to watch the thermometer and the season under them. I found that out yesterday it can be the end of summer and be cool or even cold out and in the Spring instead of warm weather it is still cold.
    Don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I really don't like the way it goes so fast, It says if we change the amount of day for the season it could change our length of Seasons it could mess up the calendar, but thinking about it anyways and put my own holiday in where I want them, Some of their holidays are dumb anyways lol. when did Playing a prank become a holiday unless they mean April Fools Day.

I love the fact that the weather is realistic. As in Snow three days into spring, or muggy and hot three days into fall. Just like real life.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Never knew toddlers could get a angry moodlet when they get siblings.s67mvQF.jpg
    She's still the only girl so I'm sure her father will dote on her more
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    That when you split up households into a new household you can keep adding that household in as a new household and get more money that way. For example, let's say you want Mr Rocca from Partyhaus to move out on his own you can put him into a blank household where he is the only one in that household. You can keep doing this indefinitely to get the amount of money you want to move into someplace nice like a cool penthouse right away. I discovered this accidentally when I had a young adult move out on their own recently.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I didn't know sims can freeze to death of the screen. I saw notification someone was dying, I checked everywhere, but no sims died anyware near or in accessible from the current lot space. Deceased sim was adult, so I guess she froze to death ( NPT) somewhere in another place.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I play all households in every world for a bit at a time each. I have set my game for Sims never to age. I hope none of them freezes to death when when I'm not playing them. I wonder if there's a way to prevent this. :(
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I play all households in every world for a bit at a time each. I have set my game for Sims never to age. I hope none of them freezes to death when when I'm not playing them. I wonder if there's a way to prevent this. :(

Turn off weather effects in the Seasons toggle section in Gameplay Options.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I didn't know the house can shake in a thunderstorm.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Materialistic sims will admire any items crafted on their lot as a new possession.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    I didn't know, and I dislike, that you cannot change the lot type of the "special" lots (e.g. Myshuno Meadows or Von Haunt Estate)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I didn't know when your Sim is pregnant, you have the option to throw up when you click on the toliet
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    These two things about traveling on train and monster I didn't know.

YaVwPp7.jpg

F71G1b3.jpg
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »

YaVwPp7.jpg

F71G1b3.jpg

Didn't know you could travel on the train! How exciting! Mine has always just walked
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If you have a sim with the Fortune Aspiration- Fabulously Wealthy- besides just going to work and earning a little bit each day, you can have them earn money by painting, writing or selling things they find. Why have I never done this before until now? Ryan has earned almost $2000 out of the $5000 he needs to complete the first part of the aspiration.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

YaVwPp7.jpg

F71G1b3.jpg

Didn't know you could travel on the train! How exciting! Mine has always just walked

I didn't either! That's so cool!
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    If you have a sim with the Fortune Aspiration- Fabulously Wealthy- besides just going to work and earning a little bit each day, you can have them earn money by painting, writing or selling things they find. Why have I never done this before until now? Ryan has earned almost $2000 out of the $5000 he needs to complete the first part of the aspiration.

I recently found out that you can cheat here. When you have enough money earned so far you can buy the most expensive camera several times as a gift and sell it in your sim's inventory. It adds to the aspiration.
  • Options

YaVwPp7.jpg

Ooh, thanks for that one, I didn't know you could do that; I'll have to give that a try. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member

YaVwPp7.jpg

Ooh, thanks for that one, I didn't know you could do that; I'll have to give that a try. :smile:

I think this just means travel not on the train though, I wish we could travel on the train.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options

YaVwPp7.jpg

I think this just means travel not on the train though, I wish we could travel on the train.

Oh yes I know, I didn't think it would take us on the train but just to the usual travel screen; but thank you anyway. :smile:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I didn't know while eating at a restaurant you could change the menu, I mean during the visit.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    fantasyislandfantasyisland Posts: 15 Member
    I just found out that if there is another sim or animal in the bathroom they will stop taking a shower/bath until they are alone again.
  • Options
    mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    I didnt know that those bushes that have skunks in them in Brindleton Bay have flowers on them in the shape of paw prints. I also didn't know that you can put the little potted plants on the edge(s) of the 'Triteia Luxury Corner Bath Tub with Jets'
  • Options
    mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    This is cute: if a fluff ball drops off the cat wand, the cat will pick it up in it's mouth ksksks it's so cuteee I wish I could attach a pic, but I think that's against the rules?
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    This is cute: if a fluff ball drops off the cat wand, the cat will pick it up in it's mouth ksksks it's so cuteee I wish I could attach a pic, but I think that's against the rules?

You can't post a pic yet because you're still a new member @mayonaisejar44
    You need a few more points to become a full member and a few more posts. When you do become a full member, you can post pictures :)
  • Options
    foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    > @RedDestiny92 said:
    > I didn't know while eating at a restaurant you could change the menu, I mean during the visit.

You got me clicking the play button right now :D
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top