Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW Career lots - editing, bugs, and safety

Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
Hey everyone! I've been reading a bit on editing the GTW career lots and though EA patched in the ability for us to access and edit the lots, some people are complaining about bugs occurring like moving the front desks causing the inability to book patients at the hospital, etc. SimsVIP put out a list of required items for the lots though which should help with avoiding some bugs.

I'm planning a hospital but I'm not sure I want to go through with it if I can't use it. :smile:

I was just curious if any of you adventurous builders have tried to edit/create the lots and what game play bugs you may have run into?
5sXtTqH.png

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I hope someone responds to this thread. I am curious to know what are the problems and bugs the players/builders are experiencing in the game.
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I prepared a hospital shell before GTW and continued work on it when GTW came out. I had read somewhere that the debug surgery tables didn't work, so I made sure to put the original surgery tables (and other medical equipment) in a room and save it before placing my own lot. I added the tables from the room to my hospital. It's still not finished, but I decided to do some playtesting to see if everything worked well. I didn't run into any problems until my sim got to level 7 of the doctor career. When she actually got to perform surgery, the game told me there were no tables to use, even though they were there. I'm not sure what I did wrong :( I know there are plenty of user created hospitals in the gallery and I wonder if those surgery tables do work. I should probably take a look at that some day :p
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know! Try to download another hospital and see if it works. I thought I read somewhere that the tables will only work if a certain distance from the front desk...I think on SimsVIP. There are other bugs people are running into as well. I wonder if Scientists or Detectives are having similar issues?
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I've built a hospital and a science lab, and I haven't run into any issues either in building or in gameplay. I was really careful with the larger objects (surgery tables, x-ray, etc) to ensure there was clear pathing, and I made "rooms" containing all of the career-specific lot items just to ensure I had everything (as well as following the SimsVIP career lot checklist - I originally left out the bonsai plants in the science lab). Additionally, I have task specific rooms thrown together for testing as well, so I'm really curious as to what might be causing the issues other users are experiencing. I may have been able to avoid issues with the surgical tables just due to the layout I chose, which places them at the back of the hospital.

I had a shell of a hospital originally, before the patch also, but wound up removing it from the gallery as some of my surgical rooms didn't have enough space for the surgical tables.. and I realized I'd need additional exam rooms, so I wound up starting over from scratch after getting some playtime in as a doctor.

Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    I tried a bit of game testing and I'm thinking the problems were after the initial patch when people did not realize that certain items were needed for the career path. For example, one of the ways for the Doctor to get job progress is to "have a cup of coffee"... Also, I think that people may not have realized that only some of the items are available when you are editing the ACTUAL career lot. Even using the unlock career items and show hidden objects in normal build mode will not give you access to the medical signage or X-ray machines. You actually have to be editing the career lot in game to have access to those.

5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    > @Cerrydd said:
    > I prepared a hospital shell before GTW and continued work on it when GTW came out. I had read somewhere that the debug surgery tables didn't work, so I made sure to put the original surgery tables (and other medical equipment) in a room and save it before placing my own lot. I added the tables from the room to my hospital. It's still not finished, but I decided to do some playtesting to see if everything worked well. I didn't run into any problems until my sim got to level 7 of the doctor career. When she actually got to perform surgery, the game told me there were no tables to use, even though they were there. I'm not sure what I did wrong :( I know there are plenty of user created hospitals in the gallery and I wonder if those surgery tables do work. I should probably take a look at that some day :p

i am having this exact problem, i am on level 7 of the doctor career and i am unable to use the surgical table, anyone found a fix for this???
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @sugasweet999 . Have you edited the hospital lot? If you have edited it, make sure the surgical table is the default version. Simmers have found that there has been issues when the main items in the career lots were not the default version.
  • Options
    sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    yea was using a downloaded hospital from the gallery, i went and downloaded another hospital and it seemed to fix my problem, so i believe the problem was probably them not using a default version of the table. thanx!