Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Challenge: The Barbie Challenge!

LilyliciousLilylicious Posts: 1 New Member
Hello fellow simmers! Let's jump right into it. This is my first challenge I have ever created, and I really hope some of you try/like it!

I named this challenge The Barbie Challenge because Barbie is all about perfection and the main goal of this challenge is to have a perfect sim with a perfect life.

CREATE A SIM
Your sim of course does not have to LOOK like Barbie, however I am personally going to make my sim as Barbie-esque as I can. I would recommend making an attractive sim who is your definition of perfection, whatever that may be. Although this is not a requirement for the challenge, I personally think it is important for this challenge. I would say to make your sim as perfect looking/dressing as you can, of course by your own idea of perfection, not necessarily the stereotypical idea of the word.

As far as traits go, there are two rules.
1. One of your sims traits MUST be the perfectionist trait. You may pick the other two traits.
2. HOWEVER the other two traits you choose are not allowed to be traits that have anything to do with skill. For example green thumb, athletic, virtuoso etc.

*This is not a rule, but I highly suggest choosing all positive traits for your sim, just to go along with the theme.

As far as your sims lifetime aspiration, it can be anything you want however my recommendation would be for it to be something you think you will be able to accomplish easily after reading through how this challenge works, which there may be a few. Some of the aspirations are pretty much guaranteed to be completed considering how this challenge works.

You may name your sim whatever you want, but they must be the age of a young adult.

You may not create any other sims to live with this sim.

GETTING STARTED
When you place your sim into the world, you are allowed to use any MONEY cheats you would like and I would even recommend you do so. Either move into or build your dream house, complete with whatever you would like. I am making my house as Barbie themed as possible, but you can do whatever you want. Also be sure to include many objects that can help you with different skills such as a treadmill, a computer, a guitar etc.

Put your sim's lifespan on long or disable your sim's aging up altogether.

*The reason you may use money cheats is because the goal of the challenge being what it is, you will not have time for a job unless you want this challenge to take forever to complete. The reason you can extend your main sim's life is so that you will have time to complete the challenge without your sim dying.

STAGE 1
You've got the perfect looks, the perfect house, now time to become a perfect person. Barbie only cares about being perfect, and will not stop until she is as close to perfection as humanly (or simanly) possible.
In order to do so, Barbie needs to hone her skills. your sim MUST master the following skills:
Cooking
Athletic
Painting
Charisma
Logic
Any instrument of your choosing
Gardening OR mixology
Handiness
And lastly any other 2 skills of your choosing (video gaming, comedy, writing, fishing, etc).

Yes, that is ten skills in total. Yikes! I picked the skills above because in your "Barbie's" eyes those are the skills required to be, well, perfect (the perfect artist, friend, wife, mom, etc)!

The way the points work is you will earn 100 points for every skill that you master amongst the 8 skills I chose and 2 extras of your choosing. If you choose to master any skills in addition to these 10 (Which to be honest, why would you?) you will receive an extra 50 points for every extra skill you master.

Stage 1 of your life/this challenge should be focused on completing the above task. There are no real restrictions on your sim except you may not use ANY cheats aside from money cheats and you may not purchase any lifetime happiness rewards that will give you an advantage in the completion of these skills.

*It is completely acceptable and recommended that your sim leaves the house when you want and interacts with others. Every friend you make earns you 100 points.
*You do not HAVE to complete stage 1 of this challenge before moving onto the next 2 stages, however I recommend it as you may not have time to work on your skills past this point.

STAGE 2
Now that you're virtually perfect, it's time to find a sim just as perfect as you are to start a family with. You may either meet this sim in the game or create him yourself, however if you decide to create him that will be -500 points. This sim must be, well, perfect. Meaning he must have all positive traits. If all of his traits are indeed positive and he moves in with you, you earn 100 points (unless you create him yourself). If he has only 1 bad trait, you get 50 points. More than one negative trait will result in a -500 points.

*Once this sim lives with you you will be in control of him, however your original sim character is still your main player and the only sim that can be applicable to this challenge. I recommend putting autonomy on for all but your selected sim so that you do not have to always control him, but that's just my own personal preference.

Once you and this sim live together and are boyfriend and girlfriend, you may propose to one another and get married. You should throw a wedding party and invite friends, +100 points if your party earns a gold reward.

*In addition, every party you throw that earns a gold reward will earn you 100 points. After all, Barbie loves friends and parties and wants to be the perfect host.

STAGE 3
You've got it all; perfect life, perfect husband, what's next is the perfect kids! Family is very important for Barbie, and she wants a big family with lots of kids.

Throughout your lifetime, you must have at least 5 children (in wedlock). 100 points for each of these 5. 50 points for every child you have in addition to 5.

An essential part of Barbie's perfect children is their perfect grades. The point system for this is based off of the grading point system in the Wonder Child Challenge (not sure who the creator is). However many days it is before your child ages up that your child gets an A, add a zero onto the end of that and there are your points. For example, if your child has an A 6 days before they age up, you earn 60 points. However if your child does not maintain the A, you loose the points. The same goes for teens.

*You may not extend teen or children's lives or speed it up. The only sim who's life you may extend is your main "Barbie" sim.

THE END
The challenge essentially ends whenever you have completed all of the challenge completion requirements listed below.

CHALLENGE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Master at least the 10 skills listed
Be married
Have at least 5 children

If your sim did not accomplish the above, you failed the challenge. Count up all the points you earned over the course of the game and compare them to others in the comments below! Upload pictures as well :)

BONUS
For an extra challenge, you can try to reach the top of any career path you choose EXCEPT for the villain career path. Every career you reach the top of will result in an extra 200 points. No cheats allowed.

So that's it! Like I said make sure to post your points and results in the comments and post picture of your sim and family. I hope you all enjoy this challenge, leave any questions or comments below! Happy simming ;)

Comments

• Options
    EverdellSimsEverdellSims Posts: 6 New Member
    This is a great challenge, I don't know why it isn't very famous haha.
  • Options
    thefrostyslimethefrostyslime Posts: 1 New Member
    But... This just turned Barbie into a glorified housewife... Wasn't the whole point of the franchise to encourage young girls to follow their dreams? Barbie had a billion different careers (i.e. vet, doctor, chef, etc.)!
  • Options
    AshleyPoffAshleyPoff Posts: 1 New Member
    Kelsey (single girl 100 baby challenge) is doing one like this! Only she is having her max out all careers too. Then Barbie's not just a housewife anymore.
  • Options
    MrsD0707MrsD0707 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm playing my own version of this, Barbie is a vivacious colourful curvy gal, who has escaped an abusive world and is starting over with nothing, in the city. She's a single mom so far, and working her 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off. She's an epic #BossBabe. Love the inspiration!
  • Options
    Silvia24QueenSilvia24Queen Posts: 4 New Member
    I Wrote my own version of a Barbie Challenge, specifically A Legacy, using many of the more modern movies.
    Please tell me what you think about it?

I cant work out how to post my own post, so i thought id get some ideas from others.

Barbie Legacy
    You can start this challenge with Barbie already as a teen, or you can have her parents build the family in game, and the challenge starts when she becomes a teen. Aging is turned off after she becomes a teen, as all these challenges take place while she is a teen.
    Gen 1- Beginnings of a Life
    You are Barbie, oldest daughter of George and Margaret Roberts, you have three sisters, Skipper, Stacy, and Cheslea. Your life is amazing, and you grew up in a loving household that despite being wealthy never let you or your sisters grow up entitled. You have many friends but your best friends are Teresa Rivera, Nicole "Nikki" Watkins, and Summer Gordon. You also have a Boyfriend named Kenneth Sean Carson, but he prefers to be called Ken.
    Aspiration- Any teen aspiration of your choice
    Skills- No specific skills needed.
    Traits- good, creative, other traits your choice
    Rules-
    • Have 3 best friends.
    • Have a Boyfriend
    • Have a good relationship with all your immediate family.
    • Legacy begins in a Tartosa

Gen 2- Great Puppy Adventure
    While visiting your grandmother- Agatha Rawlins at her hometown of Copperdale, you and your sisters get to explore the town, while getting presents of puppies from your grandparent and helping your grandmother pack up the house for her to move in with your parents. While going through the attic, you find a treasure map linked to the town, now on a quest to find riches, you learn about your hometown and stop a nefarious plan to finish the town of Copperdale.
    Rules-
    • Get 4 puppies, 1 for each girl.
    • Find a treasure map and find several treasures.
    • Go to a theme park several times during your stay.
    • Have a good relationship with your grandparents.
    • Explore cave while searching for treasure.
    • By the end of your stay, have packed all personal items in the house.

Gen 3- Puppy Chase
    After Barbie and her sisters and their pets arrive at an island paradise for Chelsea's big dance competition, they decide to make a quick side trip to see the nearby Dancing Horse Festival. But when their furry friends go missing at the event, it's up to the sisters to find them before Chelsea's show. While the puppies are out having an adventure of their own, the girls must use their imagination and work together to find their furry friends.
    Rules-
    Puppies are stolen- visit every house in Sulani to find them.

Gen 4- Dolphin Magic
    When Barbie and her sisters arrive at a tropical resort for a vacation in Sulani, they visit Ken during his marine biology internship at a research facility. However, when Barbie meets a mermaid named Isla, who is trying to rescue her dolphin friend from the facility. Teaming up with Isla you come up with a plan to rescue her dolphin friends.
    Aspiration- Beach Life
    Rules-
    • Go on vacation to Sulani.
    • Become friends with a Teen Mermaid
    • Break up with Ken but still be best friends and next-door neighbours.

Gen 5- A Perfect Christmas
    After a snowstorm grounds their plane on their way home, the girls find themselves far from their New York City destination and their Christmas Dreams. Now stranded at a remote hotel in Mt. Komorebi, the sisters are welcomed by new friends and magical experiences. Faced with a Christmas without most of their family, they resolve to enjoy their time, making friends throughout the entire town and in appreciation for the wonderful hospitality they receive, Barbie and her sisters use their musical talents to put on a performance for the whole town. On Christmas day, the best surprise makes this Christmas the best Christmas ever for them. The true joy of being together is what really makes A Perfect Christmas.
    Aspiration- Extreme Sports Enthusiast.
    Skills- Get to at least Lv 5 at skiing, snowboarding and Rock climbing.
    Rules-
    • Have a Christmas party on Winterfest day.
    • Make several new friends

Gen 6- Video Game Hero
    Barbie loves to play video games, however shes always wanted to create her own video games. With help from some new friends, a new game is created in which you’re a player whose been pulled into the game in order to help Cutie, the lovable cloud-shaped friend whose game has been corrupted. In the game, the player meets Bella, the roller-skating princess, Kris, Crystal and Gaia. As they travel from level to level, the player must rely on their amazing gaming skills and out-of-the-box thinking to save her team and beat the game!"
    Aspiration- Indie Developer, Hardcore Gamer
    Skills- lv 10 video gaming skill, lv 10 programming skill
    Rules-
    • Create a Video Game
    • Create plug-in’s

Gen 7- In A Pony Tale
    Barbie and her sisters set off on a adventure to the lovely town of Chestnut Ridge, where they're excited to spend the summer at a fun filled riding academy! Barbie can't wait to find a new horse to bring back home. Stacie is super excited to prove she knows a lot about horses. All Chelsea wants to do is to be allowed to learn how to ride, and Skipper's more interested in writing about the great outdoors than experiencing it. The sisters' vacation gets off to a rocky start, but when Barbie discovers a mysterious wild horse in the woods, their visit becomes truly magical."
    Aspiration- Championship Rider
    Skills- lv 10 horse riding
    Traits- Horse Lover
    Rules-
    • Have at least one horse fully levelled up and win the ultimate horse competition.
    • Have more than 1 horse in the household.
    • Leave the puppies at home.

Gen 8- Spy Squad
    Barbie, Teresa, and Renee, three friends,. Later, a secret agency learns about their exceptional abilities and decides to hire them as undercover agents.
    Barbie and her best friends Teresa and Nicole are talented gymnasts. When their amazing gymnastics skills catch the eye of a top-secret spy agency, they begin to transform from hard-working gymnasts to undercover secret agents. The girls are soon assigned to a mission to investigate the strangerville lab and if possible save Strangerville itself. With their high-tech gadgets, glam disguises, and cute robo-pets, can they prove that smarts and teamwork can get the mission accomplished?
    Aspiration- Strangerville Mystery
    Skills- Lv 10 Fitness skill
    Traits- Maker
    Rules-
    • Date Blaine Gordon but break up with him before you go back home - Lives in Strangerville, is the brother of Summer.
    • Create two robot ‘pets’
    • Change your disguise Several times during you investigation.
    • Vacation at Strangerville and solve the mystery.

Gen 9- The Pink Shoes
    When she tries on a pair of sparkling pink shoes, Barbie and her newest best friend, Hayley, are whisked away to a fantastical ballet world. There, Barbie discovers she must dance in her Favorite Dances in order to defeat an evil Snow Queen. Barbie Must learn how to dance with all her heart to beat the snow Queen and save her friend from being turned into something she is not.
    Aspiration- Teen Aspiration of Your choice
    Skills- Lv 5 Dancing Skill
    Traits- Dance Machine
    Rules-
    • Join the Drama or Cheerleading Club
    • Go to Competitions and win Prizes.
    • Out dance Bully, and beat them in a dance off
    • Convince Hayley that she doesn’t need to dance when she doesn’t enjoy it

Gen 10- Big City, Big Dreams
    When Barbie swaps the sunny shores of Malibu for the bright lights of Broadway to attend an exclusive summer performing arts program, she meets another girl, with the same name of Barbie Roberts. Fast friends, the two discover they share more than a name as they explore Del Sol Valley and all the amazing things they have in common. As they compete for a coveted once-in-a-lifetime Spotlight Solo, the friends discover competition isn't all about winning, it's about striving to be your best, overcoming doubts, and sharing the spotlight.
    Aspiration- Master Actor- Or any aspiration to do with Music.
    Skills- Lv 10 Singing, at least one Lv 10 music instrument, Lv 5 to 10 Acting.
    Traits- Perfectionist
    Rules-
    • Nickname Barbies as Brooklyn and Malibu
    • Compete in Competitions against Brooklyn
    • Take on Acting job While in Del So Valley, No School
    • Become best friends with Brooklyn.

Gen 11- Mermaid Power
    When “Brooklyn” Barbie and “Malibu” Barbie and her Sisters return to Sulani on Vacation once more, they are summoned by Isla, to compete to be the underwater Power Keeper in a series of challenges designed to find their inner powers. Through these competitions, they discover whether they are mermaids of Earth, Air, Water, or Fire, but when a mermaid ceremony gets interrupted the Barbies and their sisters use their powers to save Pacifica, while experiencing first-hand what it’s like to balance the worlds above and below the sea, meeting new friends in the process.
    Aspiration- Any aspiration you want, but if you have mods use a Mermaid Aspiration.
    Skills- Master as many Mermaid skills as you can
    Traits- Child of the Ocean
    Rules-
    • Barbies become Mermaids alongside sisters, but only for the duration of this gen
    • Master powers and save the ocean.
    • Clean up Sulani.

Gen 12- Princess Adventure
    Barbie must foil the plans of an evil prince after switching identities with a princess who looks just like her. With new friends in a new kingdom, Barbie learns what it means to be herself when she trades places with a royal lookalike in this musical adventure.
    Barbie and her friends film a music video for their song "Try It On". Barbie is wearing wavy blonde wig in the video and posts it online so the song can inspire people. Princess Amelia sees the video and notices that Barbie looks identical to her while wearing the wig. Amelia arranges for some students at Barbie's school to visit her country for a week-long Newcrest-Windenburg Cultural Exchange field trip. The other students invited are Ken, Nicole, Teresa, Summer and Hayley. Princess Amelia, nervous about becoming queen, is looking for an escape and devises a plan to switch places with Barbie. Their secret is safe until a devious rival prince discovers the truth, and Barbie and her friends must team up to stop the prince and rescue the princess in time for her coronation.
    Aspiration- Admired Icon
    Skills- Lv 5 Media Production
    Rules-
    • Travel to Windenburg and join Princesses household.
    • Switch outfits and style with Princess
    • Taffy the Puppy Accidentally Joins Barbie when she runs after barbie at airport.
    • Get Trapped and free selves in time to get to coronation.

Gen 13- Touch of Magic
    "When the Barbies discover a mysterious horse on the beach, they immediately start working to find out where their new four-legged friend came from. After a little while the horse begins to trust them and they discover that it’s a Pegasus, The Pegasus begins fulfilling the most amazing fantasies but that only served to draw attention to itself, including the attention of Rocki the Unicorn, a fantastical creature who followed Peggy in hopes that she will share the magic and give Rocki her own wings. Barbie and Friends now have found out how to get the Pegasus home while protecting her from who would harm it.
    Aspiration- Any teen aspiration
    Skills- lv 10 Charisma
    Rules-
    • The Pegasus is shy, all that know about it, need to have a high relationship with it before it can reveal itself.
    • They need to find out how to get to sylvan glade, where the Pegasus live.
    • Stop Rocki from forcing The Pegasus to give her wings and befriend her instead.
    • Rocki is the last of her kind, Take Rocki home and help her rebuild her legacy.

Gen 14- The Secret Door
    Barbie and friends go on a school trip to Glimmerbrook to see the history of the land. While exploring after school time, Barbie finds a Broken portal that is at the end of a long path. With the help of Her friends and people who live in Glimmerbrook, they step into the portal, into a new world of magic. They meet Alexa, a shy princess and Romy and Nori, a mermaid, and a fairy, who explain that a spoiled ruler named Malucia is trying to take all the magic in the land. To their surprise, they have magical powers in this world, and their new friends are certain that only they can help restore the magic of the kingdom.
    Aspiration- Spellcraft & Sorcery
    Skills- Learn all the spells.
    Rules-
    • Defeat Malucia in a Magic Duel
    • End the Curse upon the magic and kick the evil-doers out.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Lilylicious this sounds interesting. I am going to bed soon, but may give this a go tomorrow. I have never played point system challenges, so might have lots of questions ;)
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    But... This just turned Barbie into a glorified housewife... Wasn't the whole point of the franchise to encourage young girls to follow their dreams? Barbie had a billion different careers (i.e. vet, doctor, chef, etc.)!

@thefrostyslime This is revisionist history. For the first couple years Barbie was a teen fashion model. Her sole purpose was to look pretty. The different outfits you could buy for her didn't relate to different careers, just different pretty looks. Her first career outfit was for a flight attendant. This might sound like a step in the right direction but, in the early '60s, stated job requirements for flight attendants included things like "proportional figure", "no blemishes", "must weigh under 135 pounds." So it still ties back to the original theme. Her first proper job was as a nurse. Over time, Barbie's varied career choices have become a part of her legacy, but originally she was all about looking perfect.

I agree with you that, at this stage, it doesn't make sense to have a barbie challenge without any career goals. If you have the lifespan set to long, I would guess you could finish nine or ten careers, although I haven't tested this. It also doesn't make sense to have children as a goal in a Barbie challenge since Barbie's never had them. The part about wanting a perfect wedding fits though. There've been any number of wedding Barbies.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    @Lilylicious is it possible to play your challenge without points and just with the goals that need to be achieved, eg skills, married, kids and so on?
  • Options
    This is my sim for the challenge, her name is Barbie Sim. She is based of off my barbie doll I had as a kid in the 80's. I have not seen the Barbie movie yet, so not sure how she looks in that. My doll looked like this and she had sooooooo much clothes, so my Barbie has lots too, she has five outfits for every clothing category LOL. I am currently busy with her house, that might take a while, cause I am very picky and trying to do almost everything pink hahahaha. Like you can see very much based on my barbie days in the 80's ;)

FscLZXD.png
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @mcrudd she's cute!
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    Belalucina wrote: »
    @mcrudd she's cute!

aww thank you @Belalucina <3

This is the house so far. It is one of my previous builds I am changing to pink bubblegum goodness :D
    Sorry about the cloudy weather ;)

6Rpg7uj.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd love it! It will be perfect for Barbie!
  • Options
    I am done and ready for the challenge, sorry it took so long, but I took a while to do her house, I even sent her to Sylvan Glades to take some photo's for the house since we don't have many pinkish portraits LOL

aTqHR6J.png
  • Options
    BabyloveBabylove Posts: 66 Member
    I'm going to start working on this challenge today! I've been burning out on my ideas, so I'm excited to start this. I'll keep ya'll updated through pictures.
    a265r5laybyd.png
  • Options
    Babylove wrote: »
    I'm going to start working on this challenge today! I've been burning out on my ideas, so I'm excited to start this. I'll keep ya'll updated through pictures.

I will start posting once you do, the original poster seems to be missing in action now LOL. It just felt wrong doing this by myself if the original poster is not starting the challenge ;)
  • Options
    Ok, so started the gameplay on this today :) Aging is off for the skill building part, I do not wish to rush it, just have a nice normal gameplay. Barbie is going to max these ten skills for stage 1. I am not playing with points, but will achieve all the set goals instead ;)

cooking
    fitness
    painting
    charisma
    logic
    piano
    mixology
    handiness
    wellness
    guitar

Here are some pics of her working on her skills :)

7TALloN.png

QHpGzLT.png

vUIxWsc.png

yjnMGwf.png

d9AxvIo.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd I love your version of Barbie. Is she on the gallery?
  • Options
    @mcrudd I love your version of Barbie. Is she on the gallery?

Aww thanks. Yes she is on the gallery. There is two, a teen one I used in highschool gameplay and then this one with her house too, I had to remove all her Sylvan glades paintings though, house would not upload with them. ;)
  • Options
    @Belalucina I was on my mobile phone when I answered you last night. Here is a link for you :)Barbie challenge sim
  • Options
    @mcrudd thanks! I'm on my phone now, but I will check her out on the gallery later!
  • Options
    @mcrudd thanks! I'm on my phone now, but I will check her out on the gallery later!

LOL :D on your phone now hahaha . It is a huge pleasure :)
  • Options
    Barbie had a very chill day today. She did a bit of wellness followed by lots of relaxing and then met a sim that knocked on her door, she quite liked him, so friendly and she made best friends with him and also noticed he had all positive traits so she might keep him on the back burner for future husband, but there are still many fish in the sea, and lots of seasons to past before she maximize ten skills so who knows who she might meet in the future ;)

ZTVoqja.png

hJ6n4dj.png

USA22Jh.png

8fV1DqL.png

Knrxh9l.png

ZhY4STK.png

eBO9TGB.png
  • Options
    I played a bit more this morning. Barbie was so tired of the constant rain in Tartosa that she hopped onto a bus and went to Sulani for the day. She had lots of fun, but also worked on some skills while there, logic and fitness ;)

MlQqqhK.png

XF9oXrN.png

3M3SLvf.png

7xRZLL6.png

le6Mgeb.png

qbIfMBC.png
  • Options
    Time to take things a bit more serious and work on skills. This will be my last post because I am a little worried that I am doing the original poster's challenge but they are not doing it themselves and no one else is doing it, so I might stop posting for a while until others join in or the original poster sees it. I will keep on playing but not post, it feels wrong for me ;)

sufehPE.png

Vc4pQ0V.png

CEjcCyA.png

xRCbnjJ.png

KiWkggr.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @mcrudd your Barbie is gorgeous.

As for the original poster I don't think she's been here for a while. This was her one and only post in 2015.

I've been enjoying your progress so do hope you continue.