March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a Sim story challenge

Comments

• TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    @blacksheba1973, it's perfectly fine if you used Master Suite, the game will replace it with something I already have (and I'm waiting for Origin to have another sale so I can start buying the SPs). :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Oh hon. I'm heading back into game now. :smiley:
    YShQCz1.png
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Jase Cheek is a young adult from Monte Vista. He is reeling from the loss of his beloved, childhood sweetheart and wife, Clara. (Thank you Te-Ge :smile: )

Jase grew up in Monte Vista, the youngest son of a wealthy, influential family. He enjoyed the perks of being wealthy; travel, clothes, etc., but had no desire to delve into business or politics like his older brothers had. Jase was content to enjoy being with Clara. From their earliest meeting, they had been friends. They roamed the hills of Monte Vista, snagging the odd grape or apple. They swam in the warm sea, and raced their horses through the dusty lanes.

Clara and Jase lived in a wonderful, rustic mansion that crumbled a bit around the edges. They didn't care that it wasn't picture perfect, it was warm and homey, and large enough to hold the children they hoped to someday have. Jase and Clara spent their time in Monte Vista gardening and making nectar. They loved to travel and explore different cultures, and had purchased a vacation home in China when tragedy struck.

Jase and Clara had just returned from China, when an earthquake hit, demolishing their beautiful home, and taking Clara's life. Jase walked around in a daze for months after Clara's funeral. His beautiful, sweet, strong Clara was gone. It soon became apparent that he could not stay in Monte Vista. Every garden, vine, and green hill reminded him of her. Neither could he bear to return to China and see the home he and Clara had just begun to build there. He needed to be somewhere new, somewhere where every sight didn't remind him of her.

He packed his bags, said goodbye to his family, and moved to Midnight Hollow. The rumors of the gloom and darkness of the town suited his mood, and he hoped to bury himself there, creating his art.

Will Jase succeed in withdrawing from the world, or will the eccentric residents of Midnight Hollow pull him out of his shell and help him heal?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8592286

2zi80uw.jpg
    I absolutely love him, @gnlovew! Thank you so much! The storyline is perfect and I've been in need of residents in Midnight Hollow! I just created Ella Sherwood (and her cat Sherlock) who live there, but I'm still working on her. I'll share as soon as I'm finished. :)
    I added Louie Armstrong to the Exchange. I didn't make up his story, but I had fun trying to create him - it's the first real person I've tried to simify.

Louie started off his life in a rough section of New Orleans. When he was 11, he was sent to a boys' home, where he learned to play the cornet. 2 years later, he was released from the boys' home, and began to play music in the places where his mother worked. As he grew up, he started playing with local bands and on the riverboats, finally being asked to join King Oliver, who had the most popular band in Chicago.

That's about the age this Louie is. He loves music and his first desire every time I've reloaded him (since he was helping me with my latest build he got reloaded a few times) is to join the music career. While it was actually Louie's wife who was ambitious for him in real life, I did give him the ambitious trait, to hopefully help his climb through the ranks as a musician. It was his wife who convinced Louie to leave King Oliver's band and to branch out on his own, and she who billed him (to his original embarrassment) as the World's Greatest Trumpet Player.

The game version of Louie is ambitious, adventurous, has that star quality, and is a virtuoso. I hope you enjoy him. :)

Screenshot-621.jpg
    Te-Ge, your Louis Armstrong is amazing! I love his mill! So clever! :smiley:

I don't know if you're interested, but I'm sending you my family that I made for @Aaronsims contest.

Cassie and Christian Symter met in college. He was an art major, she was in AG. Their love for the outdoors brought them together, and they spent many weekends hiking and camping near campus. They married soon after college, and moved to Aurora Skies. They were drawn there by the beauty of the land.

Christian spends his days working on his novel, unless it's so pretty outside that he has to go paint! Cassie spends her days cultivating her plants and tending her chickens. They've discussed getting cows, but right now the farm is all Cassie can handle.

Wallace and William came along at a perfect time of the year, Fall. Cassie's farming takes less time, so she has plenty of time to play with the twins. She and Christian long for a large family, and hope that the boys are the first of many. Perhaps if the children enjoy farming, Cassie will get her cows.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672674

13zc2lt.jpg
    @gnlovew, I love them and their story! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

I still have a loooooooooong ways to go to replace all the EA sims, although I did recently plop all of the new ones into the college town, just to see what an area looks like without all the EA stuff. I <3 it! It's fun getting the updates on sims I care about hearing information on, and seeing their interactions in town, etc. It'll be fun when the worlds are entirely made over. :)
    I think it's a brilliant idea! :smiley: When I first started playing sims, the townies seemed neat. Now they seem very repetitive and static. I think filling towns with created sims sounds so fun! :grin: Thank you for loving my sims, I get so attached to them!! :heart:
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Hi Teegy! :wink: I'll be uploading my family to AaronSims Aurora Skies contest soon and I will create a longer story for you if you like them. The family I have in game is larger than is going to participate in the contest, so I could upload the bigger one too, but the game has already created a few jokes on it... :D

Does it matter if the sims are some occult types or their bodies have been modified with mods? I don't know if they show correctly in a game that doesn't have the same mods though... (I have non atm, but I'd like to use them later) Where is the line bitween weird and too weird? :D I love to make perfect sims that are beautiful and good in everything and I mostly play with them, but for fun I create sims the opposite. I can't really give an example just in case if someone gets upset... My game isn't always the sandbox game EA has intented it to be, I love realisticness and thus I love the idea of making sims with disabilities or illness or controversial backrounds, what ever fits my game at the time, and I know there are a lot of simmers like me, but the are also atleast the same amount of simmers who doesn't want to see wheelchairs or cancer or same-sex-couples in game. I'm completely innocent ofcourse, but making a little fun of stereotypical people is intriguing... :innocent:

See, I really want to make the effort of creating something, and when I do something, I want to make it proper :D How long stories are you accepting? :wink:
    I would love that, @Silvakristiina! You can write as long of a story as you want - I'd try to break it down into a chapter or so per post if it's book-length, but to me, the more I know about a family, the more fun it is to watch their adventures.

I don't mind mods (I <3 NRAAS mods), especially mods that don't add CC. It sounds like you're talking about sliders? Would you mind sharing a link when you share the family? I used to have some I loved, but when I moved my game over to Windows I only carried over a few mods (all the NRAAS stuff and a couple Mod the Sims items).

LOL It sounds like you play like I played for ages, I'd even go in and change anyone's traits that I didn't like. That changed when I decided that the most interesting sim in the town was the most homely thief in the town (and now I can't recall which town it is...they were all EA sims).

She had just a few simoleans on her, and lived in a tiny house, so imagine my surprise when I found she had around $100,000 worth of stuff to sell! That convinced me to start checking out some of the other traits - some are actually as much or more fun than the good traits, although my evil sims do usually get changed to something else eventually.

I was with the group that was hoping that EA would add wheelchairs and give us a way to make useable ramps. They did hear the request, I don't think we'd have gotten the canes otherwise.

But yes, I'd love to have the longer story and the sims. I really appreciate everyone who posts sims on this thread even when they're already shared somewhere else; I can go back and reread their stories when I want to, and it makes it easy to find them if I ever need to reload them. :)
    Yes, sliders, I didn't remember they had a name :D I love the lenght slider! I'm short myself and I'm annoyed sims being all so tall! :tongue:

One that comes to my mind might be AwesomeMod that has a cheat that enables bigger variety to bodysliders, like double sized or totally anorectic sims, and they should work even if you didn't have the AwesomeMod. I don't have any of them in game but when I get my new laptop running and everything installed, I'm sure can not live without them any longer. But I've got to admit, having plenty of Store items has really made a No CC game interesting again with the ability to share creations... I tought I wouldn't play Sims without CC because the lack of content and sometimes quality too, but I didn't upload anything then and sharing things has given a new reason to do things. I still have my ideas running wild at the backround...

Creating sims to share is a new field to me and you just made it interesting with this thread! I have my dreams about writing stories, but something always comes over, so maybe I should just share the sims with their stories and then write a bigger one about them all later.
    I had AM for a long while, but got frustrated with it and then when I tried to remove it from my game and lost ALL my saves because it corrupts them, I never looked back. I did like his sliders though.

After that, I checked out NRAAS, and while there's a slight learning curve, I've found that I actually like it much better than AM. And, I like that I can pick and choose what pieces I want (even if I do use pretty much all of them), plus, I can load up a game after I remove them and there's no issues. (LOL I could probably write for ages about NRAAS - it completely changed my game).

I had some other sliders after that, but I can't remember which ones. Now I don't have any in my game, although I was soooo tempted to add some when I was trying to create Louie Armstrong. If sliders permanently changed the sim, so that the same sliders didn't need to be in someone else's game to have him look right, I'd have the max and use them all the time. :)

Yay, I'm excited that you're looking forward to sharing your sims and their stories. And feel free to continue their story here as well - it's the stories that draw me in, the sims just add to it. :)
    I could read what you write for ages about NRAAS, I'm kinda new to it and they're too full of stuff that the most important things go missing.

What about berry sims? I hated them before but something must have snapped in my head because now I want to create one. And maybe tease you a bit with them :naughty: And a pink unicorn is a must... I have been very boring and racist in my game for not having berry sims and pink unicorns, just oh-so-realistic fairies, witches, plant sims and aliens, and it's about to change! :mrgreen:

I like you new ava! It looks like it could eat my pets, though :D
    LOL I've never had a berry sim, but sure! My worlds, builds, etc. don't have to be realistic as in fit into my reality, they just have to be realistically consistent, if that makes sense - I appreciate the things the game has to make game play simpler, like the bath machine that I can't recall the name of (the all in one, poof, you're at work, machine), but if you use a mod that helps fix the time issue (one of my very, very favorite NRAAS mods), then you don't need the cheats like that. LOL I just realized I probably sound weird, considering a store item a cheat and a mod as the better way to do it.

I'll send you a message (or several) about the NRAAS mods - I've written a couple up for others before, so I hope you'll forgive me if much of it is copy and paste. Hmm, I should write a blog post about it and then I (or anyone else) could just share the link. :)

Thank you about the avi - LOL Quinn likes to attack potatoes, but that's about it. He's our ferret. :)
    He's cute :blush:

That would be nice if you could send me some info about them! It's so much easyer to understand when an other player explains it the way they use it rather than reading a list of every possible action. Oh a very long message just popped to the left of the screen! Thank you :smiley:
    I just got MasterController and a bunch of sliders! I already made a few unique sim and pet... :smirk:
    I just got MasterController and a bunch of sliders! I already made a few unique sim and pet... :smirk:

Yay! I <3 MC - lol you'd probably already guessed that though. ;)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2015
    @teegers I have my time running about 0.68 so qouite a bit slover... but then things like bathing and eating take normal time.. and kids don't need to get up 3 hours befor school to shower, eat, brush teeths...

becouse even a slow shover do NOT take 1 hour... and it does that for my sims with out a mod
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Perhaps... :wink: I love what I did with horse sliders to a poor kidnapped unicorn... :naughty: I can't wait to show you!
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2015
    Name: The Terri Family
    Which world are they from? - I made them for Lunar Lakes...not that they really fit the environment.
    Where do they live now? - Lunar Lakes.

headshot_original.jpg

Link.

Candy Terri is the very definition of "loud and proud". Always one to parade her current girlfriend around, hit up the clubs, and bask in the glow of the nightlife, Candy is quite comfortable in her ever-expanding pack of werewolf brethern. But she's no fool - getting older comes with a few responsibilities, after all. Will she finally settle down, and turn into the home mom she knows that she is inside?

headshot_original.jpg

Link.

It seems strange that a witch as quiet and reserved as Arianne would be constantly in search of other members of the occult outside of her species. But that's the life she leads - between resurrecting monsters and learning new spells, she goes on strange and wonderful dates with fairies, genies, and vampires alike. Will her no nonsense attitude contradict too much with the wild world of the supernatural? Or will she find the mystic of her dreams?

I made them with the idea of a 150 Toddler Adoption challenge...but I doubt you'll use them for that. :p I made them separate in case you have an aversion to CC - as you can probably tell, Candy is loaded with CC, and Arianne...well, isn't.

Here's a link for if you want them to live together, married.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
    They're cute @CreamierThanMami! Is Candy CC free? Her eyes are so beautifull!

I just have to say this now when I saw this post, that when I post my two girls, it's absolutely a pure coincidence, that they have very much in common. I feel actually a little disturbed by this :D I have a pink haired girl called Candy and blue haired girl aswell... They are not married yet, but maybe they don't need to, so that they wouldn't be too much alike.
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2015
    They're cute @CreamierThanMami! Is Candy CC free? Her eyes are so beautifull!

I just have to say this now when I saw this post, that when I post my two girls, it's absolutely a pure coincidence, that they have very much in common. I feel actually a little disturbed by this :D I have a pink haired girl called Candy and blue haired girl aswell... They are not married yet, but maybe they don't need to, so that they wouldn't be too much alike.

No, she isn't. :( I wish I could tell you where her eyes are from, but I don't think that the creator put their name on the image tab.

That's kind of crazy. i just realized how similar she is appearance-wise to my challenge founder (the one in my signature). Strange!
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
    Okay :) I think I have the eyes somewhere... I'm really sorry @CreamierThanMami, I hope you don't feel about this :pensive: The girls look very different in other ways though :smiley:
    They are awesome, @CreamierThanMami! I'll have a great time with them in my worlds.

I'm trying to remember who mentioned that they keep two separate Sims3 folders - one with CC and one without, so that builds are done without worrying about CC and they can play the way they want. I love that idea, and think I may start doing that. My only problem is that I usually start playing, then realize something I want to build. I guess I can always save builds to a sim3 file and move them over to the other folder, so that would work. :)
    Perhaps... :wink: I love what I did with horse sliders to a poor kidnapped unicorn... :naughty: I can't wait to show you!

I can't wait to see it! I love that they added unicorns to the game. :)