Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a bug? - Relationships

Ok, so I've been exploring the new family tree (yay!) and created a rather complicated family in CAS and got all the relationships right. But then they went wonky when I split the family in 'manage household'. Here's the story...

I wanted to create a sim (male) who had two daughters by two different lady sims (what a player!) but now lives alone. But I wanted him in game at this point, not have to play through his life.

So I created a family containing him, the two 'wives' and the two daughters. I edited the names and relationships appropriately, and after much convincing got them correct. So he was father to both daughters. The mothers were mothers to the appropriate daughter and if I clicked on each daughter it correctly showed their mother and him as the father. I saved. And placed them in my world.

I then split the family. Took out mother and daughter 1 and put them in their own house. Did the same with mother and daughter 2. Left him where he was.

Now if I go into his family tree it only shows him as having 1 daughter and no relationship to either mother.

Is this a bug?
Did I do something wrong?
Is this a face palm 'what is with simmers and their need to complicate these poor sims lives" moment?

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    What does it show when you click on the one daughter's family tree picture? Do her mother and sibling show up? What happens when you go into the homes of the two moms and click on them and their daughters?

I've noticed in my legacy family (5 generations now), both parents only show on the family tree when I click on one of their children. If I click on the mother, for example, her husband does not show, but her child will. There does not seem to be a way to completely expand the family tree.
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I'll have to check them. Not sure why his second daughter doesn't appear. I'll have to play through a similar life, see if it can even handle confusing family trees.
  • CodeCharmingCodeCharming Posts: 55 Member
    I dunno, doesn't sound all that complicated honestly. You could have created the scenario if you'd played your way to it so shouldn't be unusual for the game to handle and I think both daughters should show up, at least. Children do, spouses sometimes don't till you click and expand the tree. And it sounds to me like this guy had no relationship with either one of them besides being their baby daddy? :p
    1. Edito ergo sum
  • lkreciclkrecic Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm not sure about it showing only one daughter, but I will say that my promiscuous character "Chirley" who has over 26 kids with 6 different women (every woman had twins due to a bug) that none of the women show up in his family tree. It's just a looooong line of kids branching out directly from only him. But each kid shows Chirley and the Mother correctly in their tree.

That being said, I created another household with a father who had a kid with two different women. I "played with genetics" on the kids and didn't have to designated them as being married. I'm not sure why it would remove one child from him. CAS is pretty buggy though.