Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small neighborhoods?

2...Next

Comments

• TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    One of the Gurus commented on someone complaining about the small neighborhood with GTW by saying that it was just supposed to be another area of Willow Creek. What I don't understand is why they didn't just actually add it to Willow Creek. It's not an open world so it shouldn't have been that difficult. They expanded the neighborhood in the Sims 1. I just see having a new map for four lots as pointless. Especially when they had to redo the world's screen because it could only hold 3 neighborhoods. Also the fact that each of those screens can only hold 3 make me feel like they don't plan on expanding the world much at all. This combined with the culling of sims really worries me.

It would have looked much better as another area in Willow Creek, but my guess is they couldn't get it to work. I really don't understand why they didn't make a whole new world, though. Ambitions came with Twinbrook. I think Sims 2 OFB came with a new world as well (not a Sims 2 player yet, but working on it :D).

Yeah, I really agree. With GTW I was really hoping they were going to do what they did with OFB and create a new world that was a shopping district. I loved how they set up the worlds in Sims 2 which was why I've mostly been behind them on multiple neighborhoods in one world with Sims 4. I'm just starting to feel like they are dropping the ball. They have a lot of potential with this system, but by not utilizing it they are just giving those that miss the open world more to complain about.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    You need the museum if you have an artist sim in the art career. There is a requirement to view paintings at the museum. The gym is needed if you have a bodybuilder sim. There is a requirement to work out at the gym. There is also a requirement to mentor 10 sims. This is easiest to do at the gym. There are requirements that utilize those venues. The rest aren't needed. Just FYI.

But there are two of those. You can remove one of each and still be fine.

Yeah that what I did and I am fine since we have duplicate in each region.

• Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    That is exactly why I said if there is a pet ep there won't be any horses in the game. Where would they ride to. Around and around the house?
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    With TS3 we got a new world with nearly every expansion. I think there was one that didn't come with a new world. OR came with 6 lots, but the area is HUGE! GTW lots are rather pointless. That whole area is rather small. With what we got with OR I was expecting more with GTW!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    One of the Gurus commented on someone complaining about the small neighborhood with GTW by saying that it was just supposed to be another area of Willow Creek. What I don't understand is why they didn't just actually add it to Willow Creek. It's not an open world so it shouldn't have been that difficult. They expanded the neighborhood in the Sims 1. I just see having a new map for four lots as pointless. Especially when they had to redo the world's screen because it could only hold 3 neighborhoods. Also the fact that each of those screens can only hold 3 make me feel like they don't plan on expanding the world much at all. This combined with the culling of sims really worries me.

They said it couldn't be added to the existing world due to technical limitations they were trying to work through. Hopefully once that gets sorted out they can find a nice little spot for it on the Willow Creek map. It's beyond annoying having a neighborhood in the world selection screen. Once again, not holding my breath on that one.

The base game world's actually have a lot of really nice details, and they seem very well thought out and designed. The neighborhoods in OR and GTW are definitely not the same quality of development. Magnolia Promenade feels like it was created in a couple hours. It's small, offers nothing new in the public space, and is chalk-full of deco buildings. The same could be said for the career neighborhood, small, nothing new and surrounded by fake structures. If they spent half of the time developing these neighborhoods as they did the decorations that make up 90% of them we would probably get something that wasn't half bad.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    It's a little disappointing.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    i hope new updates would expand the world .

like this, New UI world arrows,

Willow Creek
    17154624995_94081cd621_o_d.png

Oasis Springs
    16967081340_2fd7d6ec29_o_d.pngIt's a bit transparent though, but for In-game concept  but Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls won't have them since there aren't technically major Worlds.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    You need to start building large mega-mansions with suites capable of accommodating many of your sims, as for the townies, lock them up in your basement or something. You'll just have to build massive underground complexes to support all of the sims, and the cells will have to be small. Soon you'll be able to pack all of your sims in the neighborhood. Just keep building bedrooms/cells. :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    They said they had acknowleded the issue and were planning some things. I would expect some more lots added in the next EP.

I sure hope they do add more lots and neighborhoods. I was so disappointed with so few lots in GTW. I loves playing with a lot of different venues.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't like deserts so I haven't even been into Oasis Springs. I know eventually I wil

They said it couldn't be added to the existing world due to technical limitations they were trying to work through. Hopefully once that gets sorted out they can find a nice little spot for it on the Willow Creek map. It's beyond annoying having a neighborhood in the world selection screen. Once again, not holding my breath on that one.

The base game world's actually have a lot of really nice details, and they seem very well thought out and designed. The neighborhoods in OR and GTW are definitely not the same quality of development. Magnolia Promenade feels like it was created in a couple hours. It's small, offers nothing new in the public space, and is chalk-full of deco buildings. The same could be said for the career neighborhood, small, nothing new and surrounded by fake structures. If they spent half of the time developing these neighborhoods as they did the decorations that make up 90% of them we would probably get something that wasn't half bad.

So much for losing so many features for a more expandable, stable version of the game. I'm still waiting for any of that to happen.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

From a bit in a European blog, it sounded like they simply didn't have the system for adding the neighbourhood to the world ready in time for the EP release. http://simgoodie.com/the-sims-4-get-to-work-our-article/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    They really, really ought to add more lots and more areas to the existing neighborhoods. I'd like for us to have double the space we have in each of them. I deleted all the pre made Sims save for the Goth family and replaced the community lots with residential just so I have room for all my Sims to live. I also 'had' to install a no-culling Mod. I can't say it enough, but there is not enough room! I know that perhaps, perhaps EA can pull through. In the Sims 2 after UNI was released the population cap increased way much. Even though we may not get a world creating tool -- it would be amazing to get more room for Sims to live. Like, at least twenty times the amount of space we have now by the time all the EPS and whatnot are released.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Honestly I'd be happy with Sims 2 sized neighborhoods and customization by now. CAW I would love to return too. It just stinks we can't place lots where ever we want anymore.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller