The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haha. Very funny.

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
So, I'm trying to get a nice pic of my couple with the new digital camera, and this keeps happening.

gnomePic.jpg
gnomePic2.jpg

It's not funny.
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• kyliejean89kyliejean89 Posts: 31 Member
    Oh EA and their sense of humor.
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ha ha, but it sooo is! But in all seriousness - maybe it is a manifest of the skill of the photographer? Have not played around much yet - is taking photos a new skill in the new expansion?
    AMB.jpg
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Ha ha, but it sooo is! But in all seriousness - maybe it is a manifest of the skill of the photographer? Have not played around much yet - is taking photos a new skill in the new expansion?

Yeah. It's also a new skill. I've had other couples take pictures with no issues. It's just this couple. For some reason, the gnome really wants to ruin their pics.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Would've been better if they added photobombing Llamas...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Just what we need, more playground "humour". This is right up there with the Ministry of Silly Walks, you have my sympathy.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    That guys the gnomes man now.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Bloudwed wrote: »

Yeah. It's also a new skill. I've had other couples take pictures with no issues. It's just this couple. For some reason, the gnome really wants to ruin their pics.

Plot twist: the gnome is jealous and wants to sabotage their relationship.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I had read somewhere that it has to do with the photographer's skill, but if you haven't been having problems with other Sims, it does seem odd (and annoying).
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Fun fact: Everybody thought it was so funny of EA when the gnome photobombed cellphone pictures in TS3.
    Now the gnome is evidence of EA's immature playground mentality.
    GG.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Lol it's hillarious still...
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Fun fact: Everybody thought it was so funny of EA when the gnome photobombed cellphone pictures in TS3.
    GG.

Ummm.... For those of you who played and enjoyed TS3. I don't see the difference (in regards to some of the more dislikeable game play aspects) with TS4. Everything I like about TS4 relates to what was in TS2. TS3 had a better CAS, CASt, and world... the game play wasn't good for me. Too many pie menus and pop-ups and pointless moodlets. The sims themselves were robotic. This is pretty much the sum of game play for TS4.

However, I never rolled my eyes when I played TS3, so I will have to say that overall TS3 seems more mature and playable than TS4. To be fair, I don't recall TS3 being humorous, so maybe that is why people are pointing out TS4 "immature" attempts at humour?

BTW: I think the gnome photo bombing is funny. It just seems a bit dated though. I'm worried this game is not going resonate well with future new players because of all the references to today's pop culture. In 10 years, TS2 has gained a new following. The humour in that game along with all the other aspects of gameplay is pretty timeless. Will TS4 be able to accomplish this?
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    Can't even lie. This actually did make me laugh.
    Wouldn't hurt them to put in more unexpected laughs, like in the old days.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    GG.

Funner Fact: Not Everyone thought it was funny in TS3 and Not Everyone thinks it's immature now. IcedMocha_zps1vvsq9ke.png
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    GG.

Funner Fact: Not Everyone thought it was funny in TS3 and Not Everyone thinks it's immature now. IcedMocha_zps1vvsq9ke.png
    How wonderfully do you show I used hyperbole to make a point!
    Here I am thinking it was obvious enough.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    GG.

Oh! That's what GG means-You're hyperboling? Cool. BabyPenguin_zpsryzgpmo3.png
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    GG.

Oh! That's what GG means-You're hyperboling? Cool. BabyPenguin_zpsryzgpmo3.png

No lol
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I had read somewhere that it has to do with the photographer's skill, but if you haven't been having problems with other Sims, it does seem odd (and annoying).

That, along with the increasing alien encounters and twins in my game. I hope a fix comes for the two latter ones.